By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All this publicity could be great for Rise of the Tomb Raider

Yeah, publicity like the backlash against the Xbox One was not good publicity.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

If anything, this will hurt sales. The PS4 version of TR greatly outsold the One version, so obviously there are more sales for it there. And none of those gamers are going to buy a One for this game. SE may have just alienated those fans for when it inevitable releases on the PS4. The only thing that MAY help is if they push the graphics as much as possible on the PS4 version, a definitive version if you will. If that doesn't work, SE may have just killed a rebooted franchise almost as fast as Capcom killed DMC.

So they initially couldn't meet sales expectation with the first Tomb Raider reboot and that was on all 3 platforms, yet now they're making the sequel an exclusive to a console that's being outsold by its competitor nearly 2 to 1. Also lets no forget that TR on both the PS3 and the PS4 GREATLY outsold the Xbox one and Xbox 360 versions.

They know that they cant deny that they got paid by MS. 

Great move!

If true, I hope the same holds true for Bayonetta 2 and all the angry port beggars. :P

VanceIX said:

There's a saying that goes all publicity is good publicity. There is no such thing as bad.

Don't agree with that, I mean just look at the x1.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
VanceIX said:

There's a saying that goes all publicity is good publicity. There is no such thing as bad.

Don't agree with that, I mean just look at the x1.

X1 had a ton of other problems, not just bad publicity.

A better example might be Bayonetta. The second game is getting a lot of interest right now, even though it's now exclusive to the Wii U. Originally, the reaction was staunchly against exclucitivity, but now there's more interest in the game than there's ever been.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I think both bayonetta and tomb raider will perform worse because of the fact that they are exclusives. However bayonetta is understandable because we would not have the game without nintendo.

Sales of tomb raider will be severly compromised a' the target audience is slashed by 77% ( by current figures, which would obviously change). I can not think it is possible that it would not hurt sales of the game. At maximum it may generate more interest amongst xbox owners.

However we need to wait for details on this and see if Microsoft financial support (if any) was critical to the game's development as that would free funds for SEs other projects

I thought most people didn't care that much about Bayonetta. The Wii U fans made a huge deal out of Bayo 2 like they do of all exclusive Wii U games, I mean forget Tomb Raider exclusivity, Captain Toad is where   it's   at.

My 8th gen collection