By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All this publicity could be great for Rise of the Tomb Raider

NobleTeam360 said:
leyendax69 said:

I don't think the average consumer will jump into Xbox One for this game, at least won't be something really noticeable, it will get almost the same as if it were on PS4  too. What do you mean by better than expected? expected by who?

Unless everyone has the same opinion then that question can't really be answered.

Well he gave me the answer I wanted :P

Around the Network

What is so funny is that Tomb Raider sold better on the PS3 and PS4 than it did on the Xbox One and Xbox 360...

Negative publicity is actualy negative, this is not true if that was true XBox one PR nightmare wouldve made XOne sell like hotckakes.

Yeah definitely. But this exclusivity could hurt the sales of future Tomb Raider games, if they come to PS4 in the future.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Yup, it will be good for the game but nit good for XB1.

Especially when they start talking about definitive this and that and extra this or that when they are announcing it for the PS4 at E3 2015. I feel this is a bad move by SE for the franchise though, especially since the franchise just got a reboot and was again finding its feet. Like aren't they seeing what console gamers seem to be preferring? Didn't they see that the definitive edition sold better on the PS4?

That money must have been god i guess.

Around the Network

Wont change anything for Tomb Raider 2's sales.

I wonder how much exclusivity is costing microsoft now, because I'm sure the pricetag keeps going up with each ps4 sold, especially in this case as every iteration of the tomb raider franchise has sold better on sony platforms.

"There's a saying that goes all publicity is good publicity. There is no such thing as bad." Yeah? You think MS should bank on that? You think it's gone well for them in the past?

Anyways, I don't know...the game is pretty far off and just simply being an Xbox exclusive isn't really going to convince more people to buy it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, the X1 got a lot of publicity after its reveal and that resulted in it being outsold 2x by the PS4 to this point. So, the saying should really be "good publicity is good publicity. Bad publicity is bad publicity." The last thing MS wants to do in a major games conference is to garner negative publicity (again).