By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Is Beasting In So Many Departments!

Is The PS4 Beasting?

yes 351 78.52%

maybe 33 7.38%

no 60 13.42%

Total:444
starcraft said:
VanceIX said:
So are mirror threads a thing now?

Anyway, your entire OP is irrelevant, since you mentioned Batman but forgot Witcher 3. For shame OP.

New laptop! I keep meaning to start the first Witcher! THIS WEEK I TELL YOU!

Awesome! A great game from a great dev. Witcher 3 is going to be even better, being open-world and gorgeous and all

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
vivster said:
prayformojo said:
daredevil.shark said:
And PS4 has the highest rated game of 8th gen; The Last of Us Remastered.

That's a 7th gen game.

Actually TLOU for PS3 was ported down from the 8th gen version. It only released earlier because the PS4 wasn't out yet.

Doesn't matter. Offically, it's 7th generation. If we start saying last gen ports are current gen, then where does it end? Is OOT a 7th generation title because it came out for the Virtual Console? Is Sonic The Hedgehog a 7th generation title because it came out for the 360? 

A game's gen is determained by the generation is launched in. Anything else is opinion.

Two questions:

1) Can you point me to the official channel where it was established that "a games gen is defined by the generation it is launched in?" Since you confidently stated that your definition is fact and other definitions (such as: "a game which is available/made for an 8th gen console is an 8th gen game") are just opinions.

2) What relevance is a game's gen (that falls within your definition of it) to the comment he stated? The games does "have" TLOU:r within its library and by every performance metric there is, TLOU:R cobtributed to the PS4's HW/SW sales performance, strength of its console library and overall and overall value of the PS4. Which (using the criteria implied to by the OP to define "beasting" within his thread) contributes to the PS4 "beasting" in comparison to all other consoles this gen. If anything, it seems to me, your comment simply tries to downplay by using irrelevant definitions.

It would be like saying Grim Fandango isn't an 8th gen game when the remake launches on PS4...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DrDoomz said:

Two questions:

1) Can you point me to the official channel where it was established that "a games gen is defined by the generation it is launched in?" Since you confidently stated that your definition is fact and other definitions (such as: "a game which is available/made for an 8th gen console is an 8th gen game") are just opinions.

2) What relevance is a game's gen (that falls within your definition of it) to the comment he stated? The games does "have" TLOU:r within its library and by every performance metric there is, TLOU:R cobtributed to the PS4's HW/SW sales performance, strength of its console library and overall and overall value of the PS4. Which (using the criteria implied to by the OP to define "beasting" within his thread) contributes to the PS4 "beasting" in comparison to all other consoles this gen. If anything, it seems to me, your comment simply tries to downplay by using irrelevant definitions.

Guys, he got moderated for the comment, for a reason.

Lets let it go please (all of you).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

1) Guys, he got moderated for the comment, for a reason.

2) Lets let it go please (all of you).

1) Whoops.Didn't see a "moderated" edit on his comment. Moving on then...

2) But... But... I don't care what they're going to say*...

edit. * - meant to say: "can't hold it back anymore.."

Around the Network

OP should be updated again after Gamescom

Pretty true...can't argue with facts. The PS4 is going to have a dominating year next year. The X1 might be releasing in more smaller markets soon but those numbers aren't going to come near to making up the numbers PS4 already has and will continue to get when next year hits. PlayStation domination will come into full swing next year!

starcraft said:
If this silly thread even begins to head in the same direction as the other one I am locking it.

Why is this thread silly, and why would this one be the one thats locked? I mean at worst its just a parody of the other thread, but in reality its just providing an equal argument.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

It's beasting, of course. It's outselling Xbox One and the Wii U. It has the most powerful hardware of the consoles. Sure, the game department gives a lot of wish for, but the games will come. They didn't just make the console to look pretty on the living room. I believe it will keep beasting for a long time.

I agree with everything in your post but I hope we get god of war 4 before we get 5:p