By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Tier 2 Countries Will Give the Console a Large Boost!

I knew who was the author of the thread only with the tittle (as always with you)

Around the Network
elzabbul said:
AZWification said:

Wait, Romania ( which is not getting the X1) is above countries like Slovakia and Hungary which are getting the X1! That's BS! -__-

Really? That's weird given that Romania is in EU etc. Maybe Microsoft estimates lower sales for some reason ;/

Yeah, you would think Romania could at least be a Tier-2 country, but no! I just that very weird... :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I just want to inform that the X1 has been widely available in tier 2 european countries for a long time now.

I wouldnt expect much a boost from them.

Launch week : 150k ( i'm optimistic yes)

Baseline increase by...5k

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

"Even if the Xbox One sold 4k -5k week one in all the rest of the countries (conservative number)"

That's anything but conservative...look at the countries it's launching it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

It will have a good launch but I don't think it'll be anything worthwhile after the 1st month. It will certainly be interesting though once they do launch in these countries as it will limit the number of excuses from a few fans on this site.

toastboy44562 said:

2015 Basline predictions

90k baseline weekly throughtout of all of 2015 for the Xbox One. PS4 will continue to outsell it but by a smaller margin, 110k weekly, and Wii U sales will dip down to 40k a week since Nintendo's two biggest IPs came out this year.

Why would PS4's baseline be smaller in 2015? It's currently at 114k minimum. That's with no games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Some of these countries will only be shipped 5k consoles or less at launch. I say expect an average increase of maybe 10k per week after launch.

Just to put in perspective, Croatia is in EU, but is not a Tier 2 country, most likely because MS doesn't expect many sales.
XOne is available since launch in most stores, and they still carry DayOne bundles on the shelves.
That's how low demand is.

XB1 will definitely do above 1 million sales only in November and December, with a remote possibility in October, if any September boost sustains and holiday sales kick in early (big big if). Sadly we won't ever be able to tell the tier 2 country boost XB1 received, because it will most probably get a bigger increase from another release that curiously hasn't been mentioned:

September is the month of Destiny for XB1. (yeah, I did that..)

Just not only for XB1.

So we won't know what boosted XB1 more. PS4 might even get a bigger boost than those two effects combined (absolute/percentage wise) because it has the bundles, the hype and the momentum. That said, it could be a watershed month for XB1 (that other destiny), after Titanfall (March) and the kinectless SKU (June) did not do much.

About the tier 2 countries: Chinas potential is vastly over estimated, and Japan as the biggest market of the bunch might do 200,000 within the first month of sales (about half or less of PS4), 150,000 FW max. All other markets might achieve that combined. Or might not (i'm thinking 250-300 thsd total/month). If additionally Destiny doubles XB1 weekly sales for the month (Titanfall did not, sales doubled for 1 week, another with baseline+30%, then back to previous level) then it might approach 800-900 thousand sales in September. But many ifs. And PS4 can do that on Destiny alone.

But then again I tend to get to optimistic with my estimates, only prediction I would make is PS4 > XB1 for September.