By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WII + PS3 --- just WOW

NYANKS said:
Kenology said:
I'm sure Wii numbers may just be sub-100k next week. But given it's over 200k performance after only having sold 47k the previous week should denote that Wii demand is as strong as ever. And thus, there shouldn't be any "Wii = fad" rhetoric come next Tuesday.

Even with the Wii jump though, I am truly, truly impressed with the PS3. I never would've thought.

Can wait to see how this all plays out.

Wha'sup with the 360!?

Oh come on, haven't you noticed that the Wii = fad stuff is a joke, it's like "I blame Wii fit!"

Perhaps you haven't met CrazzyMan yet?

Around the Network

Nice Wii numbers after last week!

tabsina said:
NYANKS said:
Kenology said:
I'm sure Wii numbers may just be sub-100k next week. But given it's over 200k performance after only having sold 47k the previous week should denote that Wii demand is as strong as ever. And thus, there shouldn't be any "Wii = fad" rhetoric come next Tuesday.

Even with the Wii jump though, I am truly, truly impressed with the PS3. I never would've thought.

Can wait to see how this all plays out.

Wha'sup with the 360!?

Oh come on, haven't you noticed that the Wii = fad stuff is a joke, it's like "I blame Wii fit!"

Perhaps you haven't met CrazzyMan yet?

Haha, touche.

Awe man CrazzyMan's banned. He won't get to enjoy this.

Fel_Br said:
I'm Really really Happy with the Ps3 Sales these days, Sony Deserve it after all

No they don´t Sony doesn´t deserv shit, but the PS3 as a gaming console deserves it and even better sales.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

hmm, I guess the 360 could have a shortage... defitely not a Wii esque sellout...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

tombi123 said:
Microsoft could be doing it for the publicity. You know, "the 360 is sold-out and can't meet demand". Makes it look like the popular console.

I keep hearing this but it doesn't make any sense. MS wants to sell consoles. Any customer who walks into a store and doesn't find an Xbox is possibly turned into a PS3 sale. MS loses out doubly on the deal. The person wanted their console, couldn't find it, and moved to the competition.

As someone who spent a fair amount of time working in advertising, it's a completely bass-ackwards notion. You want the hype and unfulfilled orders in the beginning of your product's lifecycle to maintain demand as you ramp up production, not in the middle of the lifecycle when the market is loaded with similarly priced competitors and your product's hype has already gone through its initial phases and is now selling on merit alone. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Great numbers for PS3, and amazing ones for the Wii !!!!!

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Nice sales, go wii and ps3, 360 shortages better end soon

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

I am officially never betting on the Wii, because you never ever know what it's going to do. Good thing this wasn't a week for the predictions league, but in the future, I will never put anything aside from 5 bucks on it.

Go PS3, great sales, outselling the XBOX 360 in it's own territory. lol.