By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WII + PS3 --- just WOW

I'm sure Wii numbers may drop to sub-100k next week. But given it's 200k+ performance, after only having sold 47k the previous week, it should be easily understood that Wii demand is sky high.  And thus, there shouldn't be any "Wii = fad" rhetoric come next Tuesday.

Even with the Wii jump though, I am truly, truly impressed with the PS3.  Can wait to see how this all plays out.

Wha'sup with the 360!?

Around the Network
Kenology said:
I'm sure Wii numbers may just be sub-100k next week. But given it's over 200k performance after only having sold 47k the previous week should denote that Wii demand is as strong as ever. And thus, there shouldn't be any "Wii = fad" rhetoric come next Tuesday.

Even with the Wii jump though, I am truly, truly impressed with the PS3. I never would've thought.

Can wait to see how this all plays out.

Wha'sup with the 360!?

Oh come on, haven't you noticed that the Wii = fad stuff is a joke, it's like "I blame Wii fit!"

rocketpig said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=X360®1=America&cons2=X360®2=America&cons3=X360®3=America&start=39026&end=39453

Look at this chart from 11/4/06-1/1/08. There has to be more to the shortage than "unexpected demand". While the sales are better in 07's holiday, they're not better enough to warrant a shortage.

Changing factory lines? Retrofitting RRoD fixes? New SKUs? Dunno, but blaming the holiday season makes no sense.

I hate to tell you this, but it is not very hard at all to find an Xbox360 around here... so maybe the bad sales are, the later adopters are going with PS3. Right now the Brand is the best thing the PS3 has going for it(and the blu- ray win)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

ratedrsuperstar said:
You know, all this supply talk is starting to get old. I was in a local bestbuy two days ago where they had a stack of about 15 elites sitting out in an aisle. Along with several pros sitting on a shelve.

Congratulations, you found one store with 360s in stock. That doesn't explain why other stores aren't getting their orders filled. That's an obvious sign of a shortage, whether you want to admit it or not.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

at best buy today they had 1 pro and 1 arcade...they havent had many 360s lately

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
rocketpig said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=X360®1=America&cons2=X360®2=America&cons3=X360®3=America&start=39026&end=39453

Look at this chart from 11/4/06-1/1/08. There has to be more to the shortage than "unexpected demand". While the sales are better in 07's holiday, they're not better enough to warrant a shortage.

Changing factory lines? Retrofitting RRoD fixes? New SKUs? Dunno, but blaming the holiday season makes no sense.

I hate to tell you this, but it is not very hard at all to find an Xbox360 around here... so maybe the bad sales are, the later adopters are going with PS3. Right now the Brand is the best thing the PS3 has going for it(and the blu- ray win)

The shortage isn't everywhere but it definitely exists. I've talked to three different people in the retail industry and they say "no, the shortage is real" and "we're not getting our orders filled". None of these people even like the Xbox.

I think Bod even mentioned something about this in another thread. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Microsoft could be doing it for the publicity. You know, "the 360 is sold-out and can't meet demand". Makes it look like the popular console.

For PS3, BD's victory must have had a noticeable effect, helping also the undecided to decide.
For XBox360, perhaps Halo 3's release had the effect of anticipating HW sales that otherwise would have happened at Xmas or after, so the total sales from Oct '07 to Mar '08 had to be a given number, the total of people really wanting to buy a 360 during winter, but the peak at Halo 3 release lowered sales after the holidays.
For what concerns Wii, well, Nintendo doesn't want to risk building other factories, perhaps they can't believe they have so much success, so periodic supply problem won't end.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think we should probably wait until the PS3 continues barely outselling the 360 for a while before we attribute said increase to Blu-Ray's victory in the high-def format war. Mainly because an increase that small means either that Blu-Ray's impact is very small or it was just a normal fluctuation and Blu-Ray didn't mean anything.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
For PS3, BD's victory must have had a noticeable effect, helping also the undecided to decide.
For XBox360, perhaps Halo 3's release had the effect of anticipating HW sales that otherwise would have happened at Xmas or after, so the total sales from Oct '07 to Mar '08 had to be a given number, the total of people really wanting to buy a 360 during winter, but the peak at Halo 3 release lowered sales after the holidays.
For what concerns Wii, well, Nintendo doesn't want to risk building other factories, perhaps they can't believe they have so much success, so periodic supply problem won't end.

or its jsut geting started