By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WII + PS3 --- just WOW

wow ps3 raped 360 considering 360 is very popular in teh states.

blu ray was a huge factor in its urge of sales. imagine when the mgs4 80gb ds3 bundle comes out

i told some of my friends this and their like " o its cause 360 is a year old"

Around the Network

@ Rocketpig

What do you think the chances of 360 drying up the channels for a new Sku to be? I personally hope their just being retarded or something, but that can't be right, I mean that would be so completely inept of MS.......

It does seem like ioi might have over adjusted for the PS3 because he was off in January. So far Wii has sold like 450k in feb... I hope that number is right!!!

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

NYANKS said:
Why is Sony not having any supply problems then? Is MS DEFINITELY drying up the sales channels?

Well to answer your question is that there were a lot Ps3 sitting in the stores last year, so it'll be long time before we will see any type of drying up from sony.

NYANKS said:
Why is Sony not having any supply problems then? Is MS DEFINITELY drying up the sales channels?

MS has admitted to a shortage and nothing more. It could be a few things:

1. New SKUs are on their way. I find this somewhat unlikely because there are zero rumors floating around about this. Usually, we hear things a few weeks in advance when something that big hits.

2. They underestimated Christmas demand. This is completely idiotic, but possible. After stuffing the channel in 2006, MS may have been a bit hesitant coming into 2007. Even factoring in that, their 2007 sales weren't such an improvement over their 2006 numbers that this should be happening. They improved, but not by leaps and bounds.

3. The RRoD is such a problem that they're allocating new units to meet demand. This isn't happening because I know a few people who have gotten their 360s back in the past month (been checking around because mine is out for repair) and everyone is getting refurbs back, not new units. 

4. MS is full of mouth-breathing neanderthals and accidentally shipped all December 360s to Greenland, creating a shortage everywhere else in the world.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Wii : Wii is not going to stop this year with Mario Kart + Wiifit + many others games
expect huge sales during the whole year

PS3 : good

Xbox360 : there are maybe short supply occuring in NA
we dont know in fact.
I doubt the PS3 is able to outsell the Xbox so easly...

and +1 for rocketpig
u should also add
4. Another console is stilling all the casual crowd away from u.

Time to Work !

Another reason Rocketpig

4. Made a console with the highest failure rate ever

^ Rocketpig didn't they officially state it was because of higher than expected demand during the holidays? That would make sense. *shrug*

libellule said:
Wii : Wii is not going to stop this year with Mario Kart + Wiifit + many others games
expect huge sales during the whole year

PS3 : good

Xbox360 : there are maybe short supply occuring in NA
we dont know in fact.
I doubt the PS3 is able to outsell the Xbox so easly...

and +1 for rocketpig
u should also add
4. Another console is stilling all the casual crowd away from u.

We know there is definitely a 360 shortage in NA. That is without question. I've seen threads all over the place where people are saying that Pros and Elites can't be found in 75% of the stores. There have also been a few posters here who work in retail and have confirmed this. The stores are ordering the units, they're just not getting any from MS right now.

Even my local Gamestop confirmed this a few weeks back. I talk to the manager a lot and he said "we're just not getting our orders filled". 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
NYANKS said:

MS has admitted to a shortage and nothing more. It could be a few things:

1. New SKUs are on their way. I find this somewhat unlikely because there are zero rumors floating around about this. Usually, we hear things a few weeks in advance when something that big hits.

2. They underestimated Christmas demand. This is completely idiotic, but possible. After stuffing the channel in 2006, MS may have been a bit hesitant coming into 2007. Even factoring in that, their 2007 sales weren't such an improvement over their 2006 numbers that this should be happening. They improved, but not by leaps and bounds.

3. The RRoD is such a problem that they're allocating new units to meet demand. This isn't happening because I know a few people who have gotten their 360s back in the past month (been checking around because mine is out for repair) and everyone is getting refurbs back, not new units. 

4. MS is full of mouth-breathing neanderthals and accidentally shipped all December 360s to Greenland, creating a shortage everywhere else in the world.

So I guess you are saying that it is an underestimation of sales by MS, right?  You seem hesitant about the other 3.  By the way, I hope it's number 4, lol.