By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WII + PS3 --- just WOW

elendar said:
^ Rocketpig didn't they officially state it was because of higher than expected demand during the holidays? That would make sense. *shrug*

The baffling part of that is the fact that their Nov-Dec 07 sales just weren't that much higher than their 06 numbers. Unless the entire division is completely incompetent, they had to know that sales would be marginally higher with a $50 cheaper box, Halo, Mass Effect, BioShock, etc.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Good for wii, good for PS3.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I can't understand how X360 is supply constrained (If it truely is).

This is because it is selling really badly. How can it be 'sold out', if it is only selling 130,000 consoles WW a week? Surely Microsoft are making more consoles than that.

Devilstation said:
I can't understand how X360 is supply constrained (If it truely is).

This is because it is selling really badly. How can it be 'sold out', if it is only selling <140,000 consoles WW a week? Surely Microsoft are making more consoles than that.

We are talking about NA sales here, or more specifically the US. The Pro/Elite are in very short supply in the US.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I must say I am surprised. I honestly didn't think the end of the format war would make this much of a difference. I wonder if is just a boost for the PS3, or something that will be sustained over time. MS better hope it's just a temporary boost.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=X360&reg1=America&cons2=X360&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39026&end=39453

Look at this chart from 11/4/06-1/1/08. There has to be more to the shortage than "unexpected demand". While the sales are better in 07's holiday, they're not better enough to warrant a shortage.

Changing factory lines? Retrofitting RRoD fixes? New SKUs? Dunno, but blaming the holiday season makes no sense.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I just hope people remember this next week, because i'm willing to bet we'll get another round of "wii fad over" threads when it sells sub 50k next week, which i think it will

sweet for ps3, finally good supply for wii, pretty good xbox 360 numbers but ps3 outsells it by close to 10 k.

if the ps3 can outsell 360 in america, that combined with the huge outselling of it in japan and pretty good outselling in others will cause the ps3 to come much closer to 360 by years end.

I'm Really really Happy with the Ps3 Sales these days, Sony Deserve it after all

You know, all this supply talk is starting to get old. I was in a local bestbuy two days ago where they had a stack of about 15 elites sitting out in an aisle. Along with several pros sitting on a shelve.