By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog "nickeling and diming"?

Tagged games:

Goatseye said:
Mods can you help keep this thread on topic?

Walk away, man....just walk away.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Those poor people being forced to buy what they want. Someone has to stop this madness!

This^

If you want it, buy it.  If you don't, don't.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Five reports in 10 minutes from a whole range or users from all sides of the subject. One ban has been given out for this thread already. I am happy to keep the thread open as long as people can stay on topic.

But please be mindful of other users when posting.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well it isn't a nice thing to do. A DLC so soon as well will kinda make some people angry. I know I'd be a little angry if I'd pay $50 for a game which claimed to include all DLC, and then see some new DLC released.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Thank you for the thread support starcraft.

Around the Network

"I can’t believe all the complaints about OPTIONAL, cosmetic dlc. I’m far more concerned with whether or not the match making is fixed yet. Beyond that, great game!"

"just wanted to sign in to say don’t let the (very) vocal minority get you down. This is truly the most entitled gamers have ever been, demanding content far exceeding that which they realistically paid for. They wanted to spend $20 to unlock $100 of content, it’s just ridiculous."

Some of these comments are funny.

This business practice can affect all three common platforms; so, it's not an issue whether I should be the one bringing this subject to the table, when my console of choice also has a Remaster on the way.

MCC could as well feature weapons DLC in the future, so it's in my interest and I believe also for some of you that this discussion would be useful.

For some, even map packs detract the fun of MP in TLOU because there aren't enough players online to divide them with map DLCs and further increase the wait for matchmaking.

Others think that, weapons pack will eventually break their experience online because right now some weapons are still OP (ie: the bow); therefore, what would impede ND, of releasing for a fee, weapons that could eventually give whoever pays, some leverage in the game.

These ^^ should be the talking points.

But ND kinda used the fact that TLOUR included all DLC, as a selling point. I mean there's nothing wrong with DLC and every game has it, but its not right to say the game includes all DLC and then release some new stuff right away.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Goatseye said:
This business practice can affect all three common platforms; so, it's not an issue whether I should be the one bringing this subject to the table, when my console of choice also has a Remaster on the way.

MCC could as well feature weapons DLC in the future, so it's in my interest and I believe also for some of you that this discussion would be useful.

For some, even map packs detract the fun of MP in TLOU because there aren't enough players online to divide them with map DLCs and further increase the wait for matchmaking.

Others think that, weapons pack will eventually break their experience online because right now some weapons are still OP (ie: the bow); therefore, what would impede ND, of releasing for a fee, weapons that could eventually give whoever pays, some leverage in the game.

So the talking points are about hypotetic things...

It's a issue when someone that usually bash a platform in any conversation to bring things that are negative about that platform.

If the arrow is the OP weapon and that is already in the game, then your fear is a "if they release a weapon....." And altought it didn't happen, if it is a normal DLC then it will be as all others... have you complained about GoW or Halo DLC that sported weapons or maps? Now if it was a pay XX dollars to use in xx matches then that would be beyound ridiculous and would deserve all the bash in the world...

But sincerely they way you carried your thread seems more a opportunity to badmouth the game than to raise concern about games in general using microtransactions. And if not pushed to give answer to it you would still just posting

"but talk about this... Maps and weapons pack to be release in two weeks"... meaning that you want people beraging about this without knowing how much it will cost and how it will affect the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Goatseye said:

So the talking points are about hypotetic things...

It's a issue when someone that usually bash a platform in any conversation to bring things that are negative about that platform.

If the arrow is the OP weapon and that is already in the game, then your fear is a "if they release a weapon....." And altought it didn't happen, if it is a normal DLC then it will be as all others... have you complained about GoW or Halo DLC that sported weapons or maps? Now if it was a pay XX dollars to use in xx matches then that would be beyound ridiculous and would deserve all the bash in the world...

But sincerely they way you carried your thread seems more a opportunity to badmouth the game than to raise concern about games in general using microtransactions. And if not pushed to give answer to it you would still just posting

"but talk about this... Maps and weapons pack to be release in two weeks"... meaning that you want people beraging about this without knowing how much it will cost and how it will affect the game.

Mate he very clearly said his concerns relate to all three platforms.

He then proceeded to explicitely cite his concern that similar practices could be present in the Halo Master Chief Collection.

I don't know this user, I don't know whether he 'usually bashes a platform in any conversation.' But even if he does, if you have concerns, report them. Don't try to invalidate his opinions in the thread based on what he might have said elsewhere.

Again, we can and do look at 'under the radar trolling.' But the way to deal with that is via PM, or the report button, so that we can look at it. If you think a user is just trolling, report, ignore and move on.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS