By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog "nickeling and diming"?

Tagged games:

lol at a diehard biased xbot creating this thread, yet he was Ok with MS trampling and trying to ruin gamer rights with x1. Forza was weak in content and that game is a microtransaction and DLC mess.

Edit: Moderated - Starcraft

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
KylieDog said:
They did it to Uncharted 3 too, turned it into a microtransaction milk-fest.

UNcharted 4 will likely suffer the same fate. Sony gets to EA levels of bad with its mega-hits.

A lot of people also like to forget they were the only ones out of th Big 3 to have online passes for their first party games.

A lot of xbox fans forget Xbox was trying to ruin gamer ownership, and last I checked forza is full of misrotransactions abd DLC, and was lite on content.

archer9234 said:
They need to stop calling it season pass. Name it something else. Not like Limited DLC pass. But it can't sound like it lasts forever. That's the confusion.

Season pass doesn't sound like it can last forever. I mean, it's called SEASON pass. I guess the season finished...
And I don't think all those hats and other cosmetic crap were ever a part of the season pass. 

There was a clear description of what is included, and they delivered on it. Once they published all content, no sense of having a season pass, as it was a method of "preordering" DLC, and not saving money for those that come in a year later.

I bought zorro mask, banderas taunt, and the pistol for $5.

Goatseye said:
This business practice can affect all three common platforms; so, it's not an issue whether I should be the one bringing this subject to the table, when my console of choice also has a Remaster on the way.

MCC could as well feature weapons DLC in the future, so it's in my interest and I believe also for some of you that this discussion would be useful.

For some, even map packs detract the fun of MP in TLOU because there aren't enough players online to divide them with map DLCs and further increase the wait for matchmaking.

Others think that, weapons pack will eventually break their experience online because right now some weapons are still OP (ie: the bow); therefore, what would impede ND, of releasing for a fee, weapons that could eventually give whoever pays, some leverage in the game.

These ^^ should be the talking points.

But the reality is that people are mad about heads?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
DonFerrari said:
Goatseye said:
This business practice can affect all three common platforms; so, it's not an issue whether I should be the one bringing this subject to the table, when my console of choice also has a Remaster on the way.

MCC could as well feature weapons DLC in the future, so it's in my interest and I believe also for some of you that this discussion would be useful.

For some, even map packs detract the fun of MP in TLOU because there aren't enough players online to divide them with map DLCs and further increase the wait for matchmaking.

Others think that, weapons pack will eventually break their experience online because right now some weapons are still OP (ie: the bow); therefore, what would impede ND, of releasing for a fee, weapons that could eventually give whoever pays, some leverage in the game.

These ^^ should be the talking points.

So the talking points are about hypotetic things...

It's a issue when someone that usually bash a platform in any conversation to bring things that are negative about that platform.

If the arrow is the OP weapon and that is already in the game, then your fear is a "if they release a weapon....." And altought it didn't happen, if it is a normal DLC then it will be as all others... have you complained about GoW or Halo DLC that sported weapons or maps? Now if it was a pay XX dollars to use in xx matches then that would be beyound ridiculous and would deserve all the bash in the world...

But sincerely they way you carried your thread seems more a opportunity to badmouth the game than to raise concern about games in general using microtransactions. And if not pushed to give answer to it you would still just posting

"but talk about this... Maps and weapons pack to be release in two weeks"... meaning that you want people beraging about this without knowing how much it will cost and how it will affect the game.

Mate he very clearly said his concerns relate to all three platforms.

He then proceeded to explicitely cite his concern that similar practices could be present in the Halo Master Chief Collection.

I don't know this user, I don't know whether he 'usually bashes a platform in any conversation.' But even if he does, if you have concerns, report them. Don't try to invalidate his opinions in the thread based on what he might have said elsewhere.

Again, we can and do look at 'under the radar trolling.' But the way to deal with that is via PM, or the report button, so that we can look at it. If you think a user is just trolling, report, ignore and move on.

Star I know him. And none of those concerns were in the OP. Anyway he didn't complained on micro transactions on fm5 as far as I remember, but that doesn't matter. I trust the mods and I know you discover those things sooner or latter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

if its just cosmetic, people are bitching to just bitch at this point.

get over it.

DonFerrari said:

Star I know him. And none of those concerns were in the OP. Anyway he didn't complained on micro transactions on fm5 as far as I remember, but that doesn't matter. I trust the mods and I know you discover those things sooner or latter.

Is this a conversation about FM5 or TLOU: Remastered?

I tried to avoid you so I won't derail my own thread.

If you think I'm stealth trolling, post somewhere else and let the mods do their job.

This is the last time I'm replying to you.

Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:

Is this a conversation about FM5 or TLOU: Remastered?

I tried to avoid you so I won't derail my own thread.

If you think I'm stealth trolling, post somewhere else and let the mods do their job.

This is the last time I'm replying to you.

Sorry but I wasn't talking to you but starcraft so I don't know to which question you are replying.

And the mods do their fine job so no need to patronize me on this.

But you just a post ago Said this situation concerns you because it could involve all platforms, so FM5 where involved by yourself. And you not denying you didn't criticize the microtransactions and the downgrade tells all I need about the issue and show your true intention without any need for further interaction.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Only EA, Microsoft and Ubisoft can get bashed for microtransactions. Do it for a Naughty Dog game and people will hate you. Don't mean to troll, but this is seriously how it is :(

I doubt Naughty Dog would have included microtransactions that gives anyone an advantage.  But it isn't strictly cosmetic.