By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?

Pretty much. If Nintendo wants more support, they're going to have support the third parties themselves, and the most optimal way of doing that would be to bring more second-party exclusives to Wii U. Bring more games like Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, etc. and I'll be satisfied.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network

From a business point of view, most of these games are irrelevant, since they hardly sell hardware in bulk. They need more titles like MK8 or SMB4, to support the lack of titles like Destinty (for e.g.)

Nintendo needs to buy shares of major 3rd party companies to influence them to port their games over. Nintendo can also lower license fees and reward companies that develop system sellers. For each 100.000 copies sold, the license fees could be reduced by 5%.

Nintendo could also provide funding and quality assurance, to make ports possible for 3rd partys without too many risks. Nintendo needs to act now or it will die.

Soundwave said:

With Capcom refusing to even give the Wii U a port of RE REmake (a game that debuted exclusively on the GameCube in 2002) while every other major console platform gets it ...

Well, WiiU players don't really need this ""remake"", they can already play at Resident evil rebirth...it was released on Wii, and you don't need to pay again for playing at your Wii games.

Safe. That's why Nintendo must hurry up to release Wii U games as soon as possible and move to Nintendo Fusion in 2016. They need this time to convince thrid parties no matter what they need to do.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I thought RE:Revelation sold more on WiiU...

I know I could check in here but I feel lazy today!

Switch!!!

3rd party pretty much dropped support 6 months into the consoles life.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Soundwave said:

Outselling the XB1 with three markets versus two for a couple of weeks really isn't going to sway third parties.

It's just a result of a MK8 bump for the Wii U and nothing of note being released for the X1 the last few weeks.

That's also assuming VGC's isn't overtracking something somewhere, I tend to think they have problems tracking especially in Europe accurately. 

Lets see what July NPD tells us. 

Keep in mind, the Xbox One is often over tracked as well. There's no reason to try and defend the numbers. They are right there in front of us and it says that the Wii U has sold more than the Xbox One. And Mario Kart 8 came out too long ago to use that argument.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ubisoft is releasing the Assassins Creed Rogue trailer in an hour.. We know it's coming to the 360 and PS3... if it doesn't say WiiU...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

But who buys a Nintendo console for third party!? I certainly don't...that's why you have a PC or one of the other consoles.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.