By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

Was teh WIi U version the worst selling one? its a yes or no question. Nothing crazy about that inquiry. Anything other than Yes it was  is a lie

No, it looks like the PC version was the worst selling one...

you know the sales for hard copies AND digital? what are they?

You seem to know the WiiUs and 360s are, so...

I look at the numbers and the PC has the lowest

Around the Network
sidmeiernintifan said:
Even though I own Stret Fighter IV Arcade Edition on Steam, and I will get Ultra on steam, it bothers me that both Wii and Wii U's virtual console have like 4 Super Nintendo Street Fighter games, and no version of Street Fighter 4 was released for Wii or Wii U, especially when Street Fighter IV for 3DS sold over one million units.

I read in Neogaf that SNK is making the new King of fighters, and that they are hiring people with experience in PS3 and Xbox360, so I am sure it will not be on Wii U.
Perhaps Nintendo doesn't want those games because they don't want them to compete with Smash, but even if I can get Street Fighter and KOF on Steam, I would rather play them on a Nintendo console.
I prefer all games that can be played with another person in the living room on consoles.

Nintendo has to think of their future and what they want to be, because much of the reason for making a console is the revenue from third parties.

I don't care about about most third parties but this capcom thing bothers me.
When I was a kid I had Street Fighter 2 turbo, Killer Instinct, Samurai Shodown and Mortal Kombat II for my SNES.
My only Nintendo game was Super Mario World (bundled) + Killer Instinct which was from Rare if you consider that Nintendo.

dude SNES was literally decades ago. Street Fighter hasnt been promenent on a Ninty home console since then. Let it go. 

as for teh bolded. You cant do that with PS or xbox? its a 2d fighter im sure they can manage. what would you have been playing had those games not went to PC?

Third parties have been gone for a long time.

We're on track for only 11 third party games to be released at retail this calendar year. Compare that to 236 at the same point in the Wii's life. Or even 100 for the floundering Gamecube.

The Wii U is a flop for Nintendo of incredible proportions.

Pretty much its like the total opposite of PS Vita right now. Sony has almost completely dropped its first party support for Vita and its barely surviving through third party titles (mainly from Japan). The Wii U's strongest aspect is its first party support while on the other hand its third party support is almost non-existent at the moment.

oniyide said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
Even though I own Stret Fighter IV Arcade Edition on Steam, and I will get Ultra on steam, it bothers me that both Wii and Wii U's virtual console have like 4 Super Nintendo Street Fighter games, and no version of Street Fighter 4 was released for Wii or Wii U, especially when Street Fighter IV for 3DS sold over one million units.

I read in Neogaf that SNK is making the new King of fighters, and that they are hiring people with experience in PS3 and Xbox360, so I am sure it will not be on Wii U.
Perhaps Nintendo doesn't want those games because they don't want them to compete with Smash, but even if I can get Street Fighter and KOF on Steam, I would rather play them on a Nintendo console.
I prefer all games that can be played with another person in the living room on consoles.

Nintendo has to think of their future and what they want to be, because much of the reason for making a console is the revenue from third parties.

I don't care about about most third parties but this capcom thing bothers me.
When I was a kid I had Street Fighter 2 turbo, Killer Instinct, Samurai Shodown and Mortal Kombat II for my SNES.
My only Nintendo game was Super Mario World (bundled) + Killer Instinct which was from Rare if you consider that Nintendo.

dude SNES was literally decades ago. Street Fighter hasnt been promenent on a Ninty home console since then. Let it go. 

as for teh bolded. You cant do that with PS or xbox? its a 2d fighter im sure they can manage. what would you have been playing had those games not went to PC?

What did you bold?, I don't see anything bolded.

90% of the games I play are platformers, fighting games and turn based strategy games. I am 95% covered by PC and Wii U.

If fighting games were not on Steam, I would have to buy a Playstation for sure. I may get a PS4 when Sega decides to make Virtua Fighter 6, because I don't think it will be on steam.

I still wish Nintendo would have moved a finger to publish Ultra Street Fighter IV for Wii U. I guess they don't want that game to compete with Smash, and there may be a problem if Capcom begins to work in Street Fighter V and the Wii U is too weak to run that game.

Around the Network
Purple said:

We're on track for only 11 third party games to be released at retail this calendar year. Compare that to 236 at the same point in the Wii's life. Or even 100 for the floundering Gamecube.

That pretty much says it all. 

For people who say there aren't that many AAA games being releases period ... the PS4/X1 still last time I checked have major games in development from every major developer (Konami, Sega, Namco-Bandai, EA, Ubisoft, Square-Enix, Activision, 2K/Rockstar, etc. take yer pick). 

I think next year we are looking at single digits for retail 3rd party releases for the entire year. That's almost unbelievable. 

Soundwave said:
Purple said:

For people who say there aren't that many AAA games being releases period ... the PS4/X1 still last time I checked have major games in development from every major developer (Konami, Sega, Namco-Bandai, EA, Ubisoft, Square-Enix, Activision, 2K/Rockstar, etc. take yer pick). 

I think next year we are looking at single digits for retail 3rd party releases for the entire year. That's almost unbelievable. 

Yeah, well I love my flop

Need a PS4 to survive this gen though. Only 13 more days

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:
KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

Was teh WIi U version the worst selling one? its a yes or no question. Nothing crazy about that inquiry. Anything other than Yes it was  is a lie

No, it looks like the PC version was the worst selling one...

you know the sales for hard copies AND digital? what are they?

You seem to know the WiiUs and 360s are, so...

I look at the numbers and the PC has the lowest

we dont track digital so we dont know the true numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if it sold better than Wii U since most PC sales are digital not retail. like 5-1 last i checked

KLXVER said:
Soundwave said:
Purple said:

Yeah, well I love my flop

Need a PS4 to survive this gen though. Only 13 more days

What happens in 13 more days?

I'm getting a PS4 on Sept. 9th with the Destiny bundle, NHL 15 and The Last Of Us Remastered. 

oniyide said:

we dont track digital so we dont know the true numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if it sold better than Wii U since most PC sales are digital not retail. like 5-1 last i checked

It probably did, but I dont see a reason for Capcom to skip the WiiU though. RE usually sells pretty well on Nintendo systems.