By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

outlawauron said:

It was only a given because of my understanding of the rules. Whether or not I didn't completely understand the question falls on your wording and my comprehension.

In terms of activity, I can definitely take some criticism there, but it's not like I'm even in the bottom 5 in terms of contribution. Not sure why any scum would want to just sit back completely. Best way to assilmate is to drive conversation and activity. (i.e. you mad that I know who you are)

The rules in the OP neither confirm nor deny mafia daytalk. I remember a time when it was allowed, so it's not always a given.

Regarding assimilation, that is not even close to being true for the vast majority of mafia players. It takes extreme commitment and dedication which few players possess. One time I played against someone with that sort dedication, but he too was caught in the end.

That has nothing to do with anything! Xo

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@cone
why do you believe your character Is so important that it can't be divulged?

I don't. I'd happily tell you what it was, but then again I see no real point in doing so. 

Similarly, it's surely more fun if people try and guess, no? This is a game after all

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wright said:
Sparks said:

In all the games I've played,

Joined on February 25th 2013.

You haven't played shit you liar.

Well then you haven't been paying much attention. stfu you

@cone
surely there is a more important game to be playing right now.
can you look over my post about hylian and also look at Mr Khan vote and tell me what you think?

theprof00 said:
@cone
can you look over my post about hylian and also look at Mr Khan vote and tell me what you think?

Hmm, true. So surely my character means very little anyway? 

Similarly I've got quite a bad headache so will only give a brief look. For Khan's vote, personally I disagree with it. Sure you're playing an aggressive game but it's a positive one to try and extract information from other players; as opposed to other users who simply don't comment aside from trying to avoid suspicion and not answering questions posed by other users, as some here are.

In addition there's far too many posts between yourself and Hylian for me to know exactly which one you mean. If it's the one where you accuse him, however, and judging from the rest of the discussion you've had, personally I would say you're making a mistake. He's playing for the first time and also misses much of what goes on during the day, making it difficult for himself to defend and partake in other discussion. I don't blame him for making mistakes, either. What with being a new player and being asked lots of questions straight away, it's not overly surprising.

Having said that there's definitely something suspicious about him. He was the "third" user of whom I was considering due to reasons you outlined in that post predominantly, but being the first day in the first time I've played anything like this, I'd like to wait until towards the very end of the day before casting my vote. So in short, I don't agree 100% with the vote and the swiftness of the conclusion, but you've done this before so could have seen something I haven't. Hence, perhaps it was the right thing to do.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@padib
What outlaw just said is wifom

Isn't that like half the game though? It's all psychological guess work, especially when no actions have taken place yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Conegamer said:
theprof00 said:
@cone

Hmm, true. So surely my character means very little anyway? 

Similarly I've got quite a bad headache so will only give a brief look. For Khan's vote, personally I disagree with it. Sure you're playing an aggressive game but it's a positive one to try and extract information from other players; as opposed to other users who simply don't comment aside from trying to avoid suspicion and not answering questions posed by other users, as some here are.

In addition there's far too many posts between yourself and Hylian for me to know exactly which one you mean. If it's the one where you accuse him, however, and judging from the rest of the discussion you've had, personally I would say you're making a mistake. He's playing for the first time and also misses much of what goes on during the day, making it difficult for himself to defend and partake in other discussion. I don't blame him for making mistakes, either. What with being a new player and being asked lots of questions straight away, it's not overly surprising.

Having said that there's definitely something suspicious about him. He was the "third" user of whom I was considering due to reasons you outlined in that post predominantly, but being the first day in the first time I've played anything like this, I'd like to wait until towards the very end of the day before casting my vote. So in short, I don't agree 100% with the vote and the swiftness of the conclusion, but you've done this before so could have seen something I haven't. Hence, perhaps it was the right thing to do.

Thanks cone for your input.

My reasoning for Hylian is several-fold.

1. He's played mafia before. Not in the forum, but he's played the party game IRL. He knows what he's doing.
2. Mafia, in my experience, generally exhibit inconsistency. He says I should go whether I'm town or scum, and doesn't even vote for me, though he DOES make sure a vote by RCT is bolded and counted. Then he says one reason he doesn't like me is because of my activity and aggression, yet he says he usually plays aggressively too. Lastly, he thinks activity is scummy, but then kind of hesitates when the veterans disagree, and then asks the audience what they think. He makes a case against me about semantics, but yet never really asks me about the posts in question. I know when I disagree with something, I ask a lot of questions so that I can make sure of my suspicions. He doesn't demonstrate this and instead boils it all down to buzzwords. Finally, there's a part where he imitates me, but really gets it all completely wrong. I don't say "you're asking about rules, you must know something". I saw nick make a mention of talking being an action, so I checked my action card and saw that talking was nowhere on it. So I suspected that indeed his card might say something like "can talk at night". etc. It was a hunch...but Hylian didn't bother to ask me about that. Again, all he wants to do is post his accusations, and try to get other people to vote so that he's not attached to this mislynch. It's typical mafia strategy.
3. He's been MIA since I voted him. He hasn't defended himself against my accusations. I find that suspicious.

outlawauron said:
theprof00 said:
@padib
What outlaw just said is wifom

Isn't that like half the game though? It's all psychological guess work, especially when no actions have taken place yet.

Does it bother you that I said that?

And to correct you (as a friend), half the game is "yomi", not wifom. Yomi is acting in a way that is opposite to what you're expected to based on your own typical behavior, and the knowledge that the other person may know that.

WIFOM is when someone says "Why would I do that as mafia", or "if I were X, it wouldn't make sense for me to do that". The intent of such a statement is to make the accuser say "yes, you're right that doesn't make sense", but the answer is that the accused would do that BECAUSE it doesn't fit the profile.

theprof00 said:
Nickels please dont ignore my posts to you.
again I would like you to prove that people clam up around me. Otherwise I will have no choice but to make a scientific graph proving you wrong.

Please offer your accusations one by one so that I may debate them.

Also, on vgc mafia as town I rarely make it past day 2. How about we make a deal. If im still here day three, you can lynch me. Most likely im dead tonight. In about 40% of games id say, i die night 1.

I am trying to keep an open mind, and I am trying to find a reason to trust you. I am considering taking my vote off you because I have some trust for Padib and sparks. I have no trust in you, you've lost that trust. I've already made my accusations and supported them with evidence. Your responses were unconvincing because they came off as evasive and dishonest. I want to find a reason to trust you but the fact that you continue to push me and try to manipulate me is only making that more difficult. I'm not going to repeat myself. Instead I'm going to spend that time looking for other suspicious people. Now you can continue to try and goad me into a circuler debate reapting everything and ignoring everything. Or you can help me find someone that is more suspicious and has more substantial and damning evidence. Convince me and I'll have reason to change my vote to them. That's the only kind of deal you are going to get from me. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Conegamer said:
Nicklesbe said:
Wright said:
Nicklesbe said:
Any chance the FEs will b brought to Wii U?

You can always play Radiant Dawn on WiiU :P

Is it any good compared to the others?

I've played it for over 1,000 hours. That should give you a clue as to its quality!

A little annoyed my character isn't from that game; but alas.

it is a wii game tho right? I only have a Wii U atm. is there a seperate version for the U? Also would the game pad work?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)