By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Nicklesbe said:
theprof00 said:
Nickels please dont ignore my posts to you.
again I would like you to prove that people clam up around me. Otherwise I will have no choice but to make a scientific graph proving you wrong.

Please offer your accusations one by one so that I may debate them.

Also, on vgc mafia as town I rarely make it past day 2. How about we make a deal. If im still here day three, you can lynch me. Most likely im dead tonight. In about 40% of games id say, i die night 1.

I am trying to keep an open mind, and I am trying to find a reason to trust you. I am considering taking my vote off you because I have some trust for Padib and sparks. I have no trust in you, you've lost that trust. I've already made my accusations and supported them with evidence. Your responses were unconvincing because they came off as evasive and dishonest. I want to find a reason to trust you but the fact that you continue to push me and try to manipulate me is only making that more difficult. I'm not going to repeat myself. Instead I'm going to spend that time looking for other suspicious people. Now you can continue to try and goad me into a circuler debate reapting everything and ignoring everything. Or you can help me find someone that is more suspicious and has more substantial and damning evidence. Convince me and I'll have reason to change my vote to them. That's the only kind of deal you are going to get from me. 

So your deal is that I have to do a lot of work to find someone else you would rather lynch, despite the fact that you don't even trust me in the first place.

How about this: I'm going to spend the next hour or so of my own precious time to scientifically prove to you that nobody has clammed up around me.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
Conegamer said:
Nicklesbe said:
Wright said:
Nicklesbe said:
Any chance the FEs will b brought to Wii U?

You can always play Radiant Dawn on WiiU :P

Is it any good compared to the others?

I've played it for over 1,000 hours. That should give you a clue as to its quality!

A little annoyed my character isn't from that game; but alas.

it is a wii game tho right? I only have a Wii U atm. is there a seperate version for the U? Also would the game pad work?

WiiU has backwards compatibility. As long as you own a WiiMote Control, there's nothing to be afraid of. In fact, you could play on the Gamepad, if you don't want to use your TV screen!

RCTjunkie said:
Apparently my absence is an issue. I've been gone because I don't really have anything good to contribute, since the first day there's no solid basis to vote for anyone. If you want meaningless updates from me to not look suspicious, fine, but it doesn't change who I am.

Quoting for your attention since it seems like youre not following as ive posted to you once already but not in quote.

please take your vote off of me. I know you think its whatever, but i dont think you actually believe im mafia. Im asking you because i want to be able to contribute tomorrow, provided i survive the night. If youre not confident in your own contributions allow someone who is to keep playing.

theprof00 said:

So your deal is that I have to do a lot of work to find someone else you would rather lynch, despite the fact that you don't even trust me in the first place.

How about this: I'm going to spend the next hour or so of my own precious time to scientifically prove to you that nobody has clammed up around me.

theprof00 said:
What do you think the job of a townies is wright?

Wright said:
theprof00 said:
What do you think the job of a townies is wright?

Indeed.

Oh look at that someone clammed up on you. Not to mention the 8 other people that have had no meaningful conversations with you, oh and the guy that immediatly voted for you when you tried to goad them into talking to you by insulting them. Then there is Hylean that's clammed up since you voted for him. Guess you don't have to waste your time now. You only have yourself to blame for losing my trust. I'm trying to find a reason to trust you. I'm not asking you to do anything more than you should be doing as a townie. I'm giving you a chance here and the fact that you are refusing only makes you that more suspicious. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

@nickels
before I start I just want to say that I can't accept your offer for two reasons.
1. We are likely not going to find anything damning since that kind of evidence usually only surfaces day 2 or 3
2. Im not comfortable just bandwagoning and lynching someone possibly random just to save my own skin.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@nickels
before I start I just want to say that I can't accept your offer for two reasons.
1. We are likely not going to find anything damning since that kind of evidence usually only surfaces day 2 or 3
2. Im not comfortable just bandwagoning and lynching someone possibly random just to save my own skin.

I've already showed that that someone has clammed up on you so you don't need to waste your time on that. I've already proven that point so if you waste your time I'm just going to ignore because I have better things to look for. Its day one and I've already found damning evidence on you that's why I voted for you. I'm not asking for anything more than a decent argument if you can manage that then you have nothing to worry about. Like I said before if there is a tie on the last day if ya give a decent argument Ill switch my vote. I'm not asking for any more than you should be doing as townie, it just has the added benefit of earning some trust.

Nicklesbe said:
theprof00 said:
@nickels

I've already showed that that someone has clammed up on you so you don't need to waste your time on that. I've already proven that point so if you waste your time I'm just going to ignore because I have better things to look for. Its day one and I've already found damning evidence on you that's why I voted for you. I'm not asking for anything more than a decent argument if you can manage that then you have nothing to worry about. Like I said before if there is a tie on the last day if ya give a decent argument Ill switch my vote. I'm not asking for any more than you should be doing as townie, it just has the added benefit of earning some trust.

Why are you not allowing me to argue that point?

You're also not allowing me to argue your so called damning evidence.

You literally just said "oh and the guy that immediatly voted for you when you tried to goad them into talking to you by insulting them."

So you think I was trying to goad them into talking? I don't agree, because my actual intent was to see if anyone OTHER than RCT would say he isn't a noob. But regardless of what I was trying to do, YOU think I was trying to goad them into talking.

What about that is damning? It doesn't make sense. As mafia I wanted to prod and insult someone and lie about something that anyone paying attention would have noticed?

theprof00 said:

Thanks cone for your input.

My reasoning for Hylian is several-fold.

1. He's played mafia before. Not in the forum, but he's played the party game IRL. He knows what he's doing.
2. Mafia, in my experience, generally exhibit inconsistency. He says I should go whether I'm town or scum, and doesn't even vote for me, though he DOES make sure a vote by RCT is bolded and counted. Then he says one reason he doesn't like me is because of my activity and aggression, yet he says he usually plays aggressively too. Lastly, he thinks activity is scummy, but then kind of hesitates when the veterans disagree, and then asks the audience what they think. He makes a case against me about semantics, but yet never really asks me about the posts in question. I know when I disagree with something, I ask a lot of questions so that I can make sure of my suspicions. He doesn't demonstrate this and instead boils it all down to buzzwords. Finally, there's a part where he imitates me, but really gets it all completely wrong. I don't say "you're asking about rules, you must know something". I saw nick make a mention of talking being an action, so I checked my action card and saw that talking was nowhere on it. So I suspected that indeed his card might say something like "can talk at night". etc. It was a hunch...but Hylian didn't bother to ask me about that. Again, all he wants to do is post his accusations, and try to get other people to vote so that he's not attached to this mislynch. It's typical mafia strategy.
3. He's been MIA since I voted him. He hasn't defended himself against my accusations. I find that suspicious.

No worries. Your input has been very useful as well!

Also, can't say much about 2 (though it will probably be something I pick up more as this progresses) but those are some good points. Not replying to someone particularly after such an accusation is very suspicous, yes. But still, gonna give it another day or so to see if he does reply, and to see other users and their reactions as well. Want to be 100% sure with some evidence and patters before throwing any real kind of serious accusations around. Don't want to go in unprepared after all

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

theprof00 said:
Nicklesbe said:
theprof00 said:
@nickels

Why are you not allowing me to argue that point?

You're also not allowing me to argue your so called damning evidence.

You literally just said "oh and the guy that immediatly voted for you when you tried to goad them into talking to you by insulting them."

So you think I was trying to goad them into talking? I don't agree, because my actual intent was to see if anyone OTHER than RCT would say he isn't a noob. But regardless of what I was trying to do, YOU think I was trying to goad them into talking.

What about that is damning? It doesn't make sense. As mafia I wanted to prod and insult someone and lie about something that anyone paying attention would have noticed?

You've already argued that point. You've been proven wrong for the seond time about people claming up. Some people have obviously clammed up which again I have shown. You've already debated the damning evidence. It's already been done. Your arguments were evasive, dishonest and pretty much bullshit.

You just admited that you tried to goad someone into saying RCT wasn't a noob. it doesn't matter if it was RCT or someone else I was still right because you were trying to goad someone into getting into a debate with you, and you just admitted it. You still lied which is damning. You knew he wasn't a noob yet you called him one anyway. It's damning because it's manipulative and dishonest. You wanted someone to say he wasn't a noob so you could get them in an argument like you are doing now so you could manipulate them, twist their words and get what ever you could to shift guilt on them. However it backfired, no one fell for it. Instead RCT called you out and put you on the list. If you havn't noticed other people did notice. It makes sense that you slipped up. Since it wasn't the first and won't be the last. That's probably why you rarely make it to day 2 as you said.

So I'm done. I have no desire to waste anymore time on this. You've given me the impression that you are an incredibly dishonest and manipulative person. You've done nothing to allieviate that impression and your arguments have fallen short. I've tried to keep an open mind I have tried to get a fresh start with you. Instead you keep trying to rehash old debates, you keep pushing me, and trying to manipulate me. I don't have time for it. I said my piece on it, you said your piece on it now I'm moving on.   

Nicklesbe said:

You've already argued that point. You've been proven wrong for the seond time about people claming up. Some people have obviously clammed up which again I have shown. You've already debated the damning evidence. It's already been done. Your arguments were evasive, dishonest and pretty much bullshit.

You just admited that you tried to goad someone into saying RCT wasn't a noob. it doesn't matter if it was RCT or someone else I was still right because you were trying to goad someone into getting into a debate with you, and you just admitted it. You still lied which is damning. You knew he wasn't a noob yet you called him one anyway. It's damning because it's manipulative and dishonest. You wanted someone to say he wasn't a noob so you could get them in an argument like you are doing now so you could manipulate them, twist their words and get what ever you could to shift guilt on them. However it backfired, no one fell for it. Instead RCT called you out and put you on the list. If you havn't noticed other people did notice. It makes sense that you slipped up. Since it wasn't the first and won't be the last. That's probably why you rarely make it to day 2 as you said.

So I'm done. I have no desire to waste anymore time on this. You've given me the impression that you are an incredibly dishonest and manipulative person. You've done nothing to allieviate that impression and your arguments have fallen short. I've tried to keep an open mind I have tried to get a fresh start with you. Instead you keep trying to rehash old debates, you keep pushing me, and trying to manipulate me. I don't have time for it. I said my piece on it, you said your piece on it now I'm moving on.   

proven wrong twice? I guess we both have diff definitions for proof. You saying something from YOUR POV doesn't make it proven.

You haven't allowed me any debate. I rebutted your long post, and you have not responded to a single one. You've only called them evasive. You honestly don't care what I have to say. What are you afraid of? Let's go through them one by one. C'mon I'm right here.

I wanted to see if anyone knew. Why? Because let's just imagine that RCT is mafia. And let's just imagine that they all introduced themselves in their mafia chat, which is typical to have several posts about behavior and history, etc...similar to how people introduced themselves in the thread with how experienced they were. I wanted to see if somehow Anyone might have known that RCT wasn't a noob. I was hoping that someone would come forward and say RC doesn't belong. I honestly didn't expect him to show up himself.

Oh.. you already knew that! Wow, you're pretty smart...or did I explain that already? I'm not sure. That's quite an awfully accurate knowledge of what my plan was...well aside from the manipulating and getting them into an argument. See, you just assume a future that never happened with no real basis based on past occurence. But I can show you one: It's when I lied to Ike, and told him contrarian information. I caught him lying about keeping up with the game. But did I twist his words? Did I accuse him of being scum? Did I even FoS him? Nope. Why? Because I only do this to learn about how people are thinking. I'm not trying to push random lynches on people who make mistakes. That's not my style. My style is to, by the end of my gametime, have a list of 4-5 people as suspects and be as close as possible. All I'm looking for is evidence.

You are an incredibly stubborn person. I will now post the results of the post count pre and post prof. Enjoy them.