By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How I Would Price PSNow ... And You?

Chris Hu said:
Should follow the Netflix model a flat fee for unlimited monthly access to the entire library of games.

will have to follow the amazon model.  

netflix doesn't even come close to give access to every tv and movie ever made.   the catalog is pretty small really.   psnow should try really hard to get every game that even was on ps1/2/3/4 onto psnow.    psnow sub,..  like amazon prime, would be a subscription to a decent selection of content with other content only avaible for rental or purchase.

Around the Network

Anything subscription not the way it is now where you rent every game alone.

I would structure it like this;

Base Rental

$1.99/ Day
$4.99/ Week
$14.99/month

Base Purchase

$19.99 - $39.99

Playstation Plus

Playstation Plus subscribers receive additional discounts on sales and get 2 free weekly rental tokens every month.

Sometimes I wonder whether people think before posting at all. Like one second, please. How on earth giving somebody 80$ and expecting to have unlimited access to all the games for an entire year is possible? It would barely cover the cost of the electricity of the console running in the server. I mean if you are not going to use your ability to think and do not factor in the costs then why do you even suggest a price this high? 1$ for a single game, 2$ for three games, 5$ for ten games and 15$ for the entire catalogue for a year. See, it is better.

IkePoR said:
VanceIX said:
My pricing-

2 hours: $.99
4 hours: $1.99
24 hours: $2.99
1 week: $3.99
2 weeks: $5.99
1 month: $9.99

Subscription:
Annual sub: $79.99
Monthly sub: $14.99

Huh?

1 month = access to 1 specific game for 1 month

monthly sub = access to all the games for 1 month

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
fighter said:
generic-user-1 said:
fighter said:
Raziel123 said:

I'm saying prices can't be compared

if it's for the purpose of illustrating how low streaming costs are, why not ?

progressiv download VOD isnt the kind of streaming we talk about...

that would only affect streaming costs in the setup phase, not in the running phase, and would actually indicate that Netflix has a higher cost since it needs to setup for many more different types of devices than Sony

streaming a program is much more expensiv than videodownload that can be startet if a part is downloaded...

VanceIX said:
IkePoR said:
VanceIX said:
My pricing-

2 hours: $.99
4 hours: $1.99
24 hours: $2.99
1 week: $3.99
2 weeks: $5.99
1 month: $9.99

Subscription:
Annual sub: $79.99
Monthly sub: $14.99

Huh?

1 month = access to 1 specific game for 1 month

monthly sub = access to all the games for 1 month

While the latter is a great deal, it makes the former redundant.  I like your prices and that $14.99 would undercut services like Gamefly, but I might charge a couple bucks more -$19.99.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

To me cut it by half what it is now.

GribbleGrunger said:

I think the whole thing should be structured around the amount of hours, with only one price for the full game:

Single game pricing:

$1 = 2 hours
$3 = 5 hours
$7 = 10 hours
$10 = 15 hours
$15 = Unlimited time with the game.

Subscription:

$25 = 1 month for all you want to play.
$40 = 3 months
$70 = 6 months
$100 = 1 year.

PS+ subscription benefits:

5% off 1 months subscription
10% off 3 months subscription
15% off 6 months subscription
25% off 1 years subscription

DO IT SONY!

I like renting for a certain amount of days more, and I think that the prices should be cut in half from what they currently are. That sounds reasonable to me. A major problem. Unlimited time for $15? That's just buying the game at a reduced rate...

I do like the idea of a subscription though. I think the subscription fee should be a little lower than what you suggest, and the PS+ discound should be a 20-25% flat rate. 

Subscription: $10 monthly and you can play anything you want.