By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How I Would Price PSNow ... And You?

No PS+ benefits, but free access to digital games you already own outright (i.e. Not dependant on active PS+ subscription) with carry over game saves. And 75% discount on games for which you earned at least one gold trophy before first playing it on PS Now.

Pricing, I would give 1 hour free for any game one time only.
$3 for 4 games for one hour.
$3 for one game for 24 hours.
$5 for one game for a week. Add $1 for each additional game for that week.
$10 for one game for a month. Add $2 for each additional game for that month.
$15 per month subs for up to 4 games (any game in the library) every month.
$100 per year subs for up to 2 games every month.
$200 per year subs for all you can eat.

I used to rent physical games for a week and pay $5 and was happy to do so. Occasionally renting 2 or 3 times in order to finish the game.

$200 per year sounds like a lot compared to EA access, but given its limitations, and factoring in $30 per year for all other major publishers and no access to minor and India games, full access to most of playstation's 3 generation and PSP library is pretty good for $200 a year, but only if sony makes me the majority of the game library available. If it's only 1st party, most 3rd party exclusives and a smattering of 3rd party multiplats then it's probably not worth it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

that's about right,except for the year part. I'd do $50 unlimited for the whole year,but I agree with everything else.

I think Binary has the most reasonable numbers here though I would change the demo to 30 minutes and let you do as many times as you'd like (starting from the same point) incase you have other people that want to try the game on your account like siblings or something.

For that $100 a year sub it would also be amazing if it would let you throw the disc of any game you have that's on PSNow into your PS4 and let you run it like an emulator. Not likely, but god damn amazing.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

gergroy said:
Those look like terrible prices... Possibly worse than the prices they have now... Guess im glad you arent in charge of the psnow pricing...

So how would you price it then?

As some of you have pointed out, these figures are what I would consider 'sly':

$1 = 2 hours
$3 = 5 hours
$7 = 10 hours
$10 = 15 hours
$15 = Unlimited time with the game.

That's business though ... eh? How about:

$1 = 1 hours
$3 = 4 hours
$5 = 10 hours
$8 = 1 day
$15 = One week

I like this better so I'll adjust the OP.

I've adjusted the subscriptions too because they were far too generous:

Subscription (no time limit):

$25 = 1 month for 10 games.
$40 = 3 months for 20 games
$70 = 6 months for 40 games
$100 = 1 year for 50 games

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Chris Hu said:
Should follow the Netflix model a flat fee for unlimited monthly access to the entire library of games.

will have to follow the amazon model.  

netflix doesn't even come close to give access to every tv and movie ever made.   the catalog is pretty small really.   psnow should try really hard to get every game that even was on ps1/2/3/4 onto psnow.    psnow sub,..  like amazon prime, would be a subscription to a decent selection of content with other content only avaible for rental or purchase.

I'm pretty sure that PSNow will not ever come close to getting every game that was on the P1/2/3.  Also Netflix has a lot more content then Amazon Prime and on top of that they have their own original programming like Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Arrested Development etc.