By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How I Would Price PSNow ... And You?

I tested the connection yesterday and the thing will not work in my network. so, who cares? They can charge a thousand dollars for each game for all I care =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
fighter said:
Raziel123 said:
fighter said:

are you saying streaming costs cannot be compared now ?

I'm saying prices can't be compared

if it's for the purpose of illustrating how low streaming costs are, why not ?

progressiv download VOD isnt the kind of streaming we talk about...

prinz_valium said:

but how many of all the games can u play in one moth?

10$ a month

25$ 3 month

60$ a year

90$ a year psnow including ps+

Both you and I know that the 'perceived' value bares no resemblance to the actual use.

The PS5 Exists. 

VanceIX said:
My pricing-

2 hours: $.99
4 hours: $1.99
24 hours: $2.99
1 week: $3.99
2 weeks: $5.99
1 month: $9.99

Subscription:
Annual sub: $79.99
Monthly sub: $14.99

Huh?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

Italics: I don't know if these are good options because most games can be completed in that time.  I'd either shorten the time or charge more.

1 month Sub: Make it $30($29.99)

The rest I agree with.  :)

I'm looking at this service as something beyond your average gamer. I realise that most gamers who come to the internet in order to find information out, may well look at that and abuse the system, BUT those who DON'T come to gaming sites are likely to just take things at face value. They won't know how long it takes to finish a game.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
fighter said:
Raziel123 said:

I'm saying prices can't be compared

if it's for the purpose of illustrating how low streaming costs are, why not ?

progressiv download VOD isnt the kind of streaming we talk about...

that would only affect streaming costs in the setup phase, not in the running phase, and would actually indicate that Netflix has a higher cost since it needs to setup for many more different types of devices than Sony

GribbleGrunger said:
IkePoR said:

Italics: I don't know if these are good options because most games can be completed in that time.  I'd either shorten the time or charge more.

1 month Sub: Make it $30($29.99)

The rest I agree with.  :)

I'm looking at this service as something beyond your average gamer. I realise that most gamers who come to the internet in order to find information out, may well look at that and abuse the system, BUT those who DON'T come to gaming sites are likely to just take things at face value. They won't know how long it takes to finish a game.

I'd still charge more, even it's just a dollar.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Should follow the Netflix model a flat fee for unlimited monthly access to the entire library of games.

fighter said:

that would only affect streaming costs in the setup phase, not in the running phase, and would actually indicate that Netflix has a higher cost since it needs to setup for many more different types of devices than Sony

But that's what PSNow is all about. People are concentrating on the consoles at the moment because that's obviously the best place for Sony to test and promote PSNow, but once this phase is out of the way, the number of potential users will bury the console userbase. Phones, laptops, PCs, pads, TVs, Blu-ray payers ... Once the service is on all of these, then people will understand what PSNow is all about.

That's the reason I've gone for this hourly structure. Someone playing a game on the phone may just want to pay $1 for a train ride or for work breaks, similarly, so will people with pads. Those with laptops may opt for something in between, depending on whether they are commuting or using their device at home. Someone with a PC will likely use the longer subscription prices ... and so on.

The PS5 Exists. 

hhhmmm....

This is what I can think of off the top of my head.

$75 a year for 5 games a month or $100 a year for PSNow and PS+

$10 a month

$25 for 3 months

allow for 30 minute free demos of each game (so you don't waste one of your choices and end up not liking the game)

Allow people to access extra games for $1.99 each.

I don't know how viable that is but I'd subscribe to that in a heart beat.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.