By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why aren't we allowed to bash systems/games on a sales competition website?

When I first joined this site, I assumed that it would be welcomed to call Xbox gamers "Xbots", PS gamers "Sony ponies", and Nintendo fans blind Mario lovers. What I found is that you get moderated and banned! My question is why? The very premise of the site is sales competition. That woud seem to make this site the premier site for so called trolling. I think the system and game bashing is a lot of fun. It's competition! Trash talk is normal for sports fans. Why should it be different here? As long as we don't bash each other personally or threaten one another.

One issue on this site that seems hypocritical is that the N4G stories at the bottom of the page are allowed to display very biased and "trollish" articles that attack consoles and games. If those stories are allowed, then why can't we say the same as the writers of those stories? I want to say Xbot so bad, but I refrain because I don't want to get banned. Does anyone else feel the same?

To clear up one thing though, I don't consider bashing a system or game trolling. I consider trolling when we say things just to make each other mad. If I say Xbot, I mean that I think the person is on the opposing team.

Around the Network

Because it´s juvenille and worthless.

Bashing is one thing and discussion is one thing. We have a nice community here. Such action will make it ruins.

Some can troll some can bash some cant.

But xbot and Sony pony and blind mario lover, are all statements directed at other people, not games and systems themselves. Also It's Because then the quality if the forums would decrease dramatically, and we would still have people like flamingweazel here.

Around the Network

Would you prefer the site losing its civilized (almost :P) posting in exchange for "muh Xboner is bigga den ur Gaystation quadruples"?

Who says you're not allowed to? You just gotta learn how stealth troll then you'll never get banned.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

And title doesn't match with OP.

Teeqoz said:
But xbot and Sony pony and blind mario lover, are all statements directed at other people, not games and systems themselves. Also It's Because then the quality if the forums would decrease dramatically, and we would still have people like flamingweazel here.

Dont forget blackgoku.

Oh come on.. I really don't want VGChartz to turn into another N4G or Game fucking Spot...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---