By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 North America - XB1...I AM GROOT!

Haven't X1 bundled in average 1 or 2 games per console since the beggining? So using VGC number to compare attach ratios will obviously favour X1, so this is a broken thread from the beggining.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
silentdj151 said:

The Fact is that neither is winning and its just the beginning of the generation, this holiday season will show which system will take a lead in North America.  

How is the PS4 not winning when it has more consoles sold and more software sold...it doesn't matter how small the lead is, if ones ahead its obviously winning no matter how much you don't like it. 

Somehow I doubt he'd say neither is winning if x1 was ahead in every npd month so far this year, or any sort of lead at all.

XBO leading in any form or in any way is an illusion.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Teeqoz said:

Speaking of DriveClub, it's pre-orders are dangerously low.

It's because Sony took the very stupid approach of giving away a large chunk of the game with playstation plus whenever it comes out... so most people that would have been interested in buying the game are going to wait for that...

I got a blast from the past in this thread. Good work.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Teeqoz said:

Speaking of DriveClub, it's pre-orders are dangerously low.

It's because Sony took the very stupid approach of giving away a large chunk of the game with playstation plus whenever it comes out... so most people that would have been interested in buying the game are going to wait for that...

And that's because they were planning to do it at launch. And they couldn't really back away from the promise, now they're stuck with probable mediocre sales.

SandyVGina said:
Only Microsoft knows if they are doing well. The fact that they gave away Titanfall for free and dropped kinect, I think its safe to say that they are worried about the PS4 success. I was shocked when they dropped kinect so early, it really shows how nervous they are.....

Exactly actions speak louder than words. I could have swore they would have waited until after Christmas. 

Wow, you playstation fans are deluded. Xbox will win in the United States of America. Why you ask?

1) Better games. Duh. Who cares about little crap planet, the order 1934 and so on. Xbox has Sunset Overdrive, Halo and hundreds of others.

2) Better controller. This one doesn't need explaining. The DS4 isn't even as good as the Xbox Duke controller. LOL poorstation bots!

3) Better build quality. Microsoft learned from their mistakes with the 360, they now have a 0.01% failure rate while the PS4's failure rate is reaching close to 15%.

4) More powerful. With the cloud and dGPU we're talking 4-5 tFLOPS, that's more than twice the power of the PoS4!!!

5) Better online and better value with Games for Gold. I had a PS3 and was never able to finish a single game online because the community was annoying and the experiences in general was rubbish. XBL all the way.

So for the above reasons, I anticipate that the Xbox One will have DOUBLED the number of PS4s sold come next August.

EDIT: In America, and probably the UK. I see it catching up in other territories by the end of 2015.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

XTitanXO said:

Wow, you playstation fans are deluded. Xbox will win in the United States of America. Why you ask?

1) Better games. Duh. Who cares about little crap planet, the order 1934 and so on. Xbox has Sunset Overdrive, Halo and hundreds of others.

2) Better controller. This one doesn't need explaining. The DS4 isn't even as good as the Xbox Duke controller. LOL poorstation bots!

3) Better build quality. Microsoft learned from their mistakes with the 360, they now have a 0.01% failure rate while the PS4's failure rate is reaching close to 15%.

4) More powerful. With the cloud and dGPU we're talking 4-5 tFLOPS, that's more than twice the power of the PoS4!!!

5) Better online and better value with Games for Gold. I had a PS3 and was never able to finish a single game online because the community was annoying and the experiences in general was rubbish. XBL all the way.

So for the above reasons, I anticipate that the Xbox One will have DOUBLED the number of PS4s sold come next August.

EDIT: In America, and probably the UK. I see it catching up in other territories by the end of 2015.

silentdj151 said:

So, all figures in spreedsheet are in millions all data from vgchartz current data you can double check it if you want.

Tired of these doom threads about XB1 by PS4 fanboys.  The Fact is that neither is winning and its just the beginning of the generation, this holiday season will show which system will take a lead in North America.  

KEY STATS:

1. Software sales show in XB1 is doing just fine with an attach rate of 3.16 compared to P24 of 2.57 for North America.

2. 1 in 5 XB1 and PS4 owners bought the most popular multi plats.

3. 28% of XB1 owners bought popular exclusives.

4. 14% of PS4 owners bought populat exclusives.(data skewed due to LAST of US but even i give a healthy number like half million doesn't change at all)

Data is below...wish I had Last of US data.  

Guardians of the Galaxy is the best marvel movie to date.

XBOX ONE NORTH AMERICA   PS4 NORTH AMERICA
popular multi plats units sold attach ratio   popular multi plats units sold attach ratio
Call of Duty: Ghosts 1.33 39%   Call of Duty: Ghosts 1.29 31%
Battlefield 4 0.88 26%   Battlefield 4 0.92 22%
FIFA Soccer 14 0.32 9%   FIFA Soccer 14 0.48 12%
Assassin's Creed IV 0.55 16%   Assassin's Creed IV 0.76 19%
Madden NFL 25 0.51 15%   Madden NFL 25 0.55 13%
Watch Dogs 0.64 19%   Watch Dogs 1.03 25%
MULTI TOTALS 4.23 21%   MULTI TOTALS 5.03 20%
popular exclusives   popular exclusives
Titanfall 1.38 40%   killzone 0.68 17%
Forza 0.88 26%   inFamous 0.75 19%
Dead Rising 3 0.93 27%   Knack 0.29 7%
Ryse 0.62 18%   last of US ? ?
EXCLUSIVES TOTALS 3.81 28%   EXCLUSIVES TOTALS 1.72 14%
OVERALL TOTALS 8.04 236%   TOTALS 6.75 165%
CONSOLES SOLD NORTH AMERICA   CONSOLES SOLD NORTH AMERICA
3.41   4.1
GAMES SOLD NORTH AMERICA   GAMES SOLD NORTH AMERICA
10.79   10.52
OVERALL ATTACH RATE   OVERALL ATTACH RATE
316%   257%

Where are your Wii U stats? I would find it very interesting. I know this is PS4 vs X1, but it would still be very interesting imo. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.