By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 North America - XB1...I AM GROOT!

Impressive figures for PS4 in NA.

Around the Network

Titanfall and Dead Rising are not exclusives. Why not put Kinect Sports, that is a true exclusive? Probably because it would mess up your numbers?
Also, higher attach rate in your chart may be due to the fact that PS4 owners received 11 free games through PS+.

Maybe we need those MS stats: X1 players killed 273% more zombies than PS4 players. Or have driven 6 million times around equator. Have yelled XBox On 2.7 times daily.

Burek said:
Titanfall and Dead Rising are not exclusives. Why not put Kinect Sports, that is a true exclusive? Probably because it would mess up your numbers?
Also, higher attach rate in your chart may be due to the fact that PS4 owners received 11 free games through PS+.

Maybe we need those MS stats: X1 players killed 273% more zombies than PS4 players. Or have driven 6 million times around equator. Have yelled XBox On 2.7 times daily.

titanfall is an not on playstation exclusive

dead rising 3 can still only bought on xbox one until 5. september.

and point 1 applies, too

i got the point of op. why dont u?

ur kinect sports argument is true btw

I thought that was Coolade you were drinking.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The Xbox One: the Miss Congeniality of the console world.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

XBox gamers always buy more games. Pretty clear where the core is at.

Full panic mode. At the end of the day, PS4 still outsell Xbone in USA despite price cut and "did you see Titanfall".

It's a nightmare for Xbox because they know the rest of the World is pro PlayStation. Specially with PS4. When I look at Amazon US, and see PS4 at #6 and #14 (Destiny bundle, gonna hurt) and Xbone at #31, I know it's gonna be harsh gen for Xbox fans here. Not to mention all the articles about inferior resolutions on Xbone.

XB1 has a poor baseline, which will be painfully re revealed in July NPD results. The high attach rate so far won't hold up as the install base slowly expands. The reason is what all of these threads conveniently ignore : X1 was massively front loaded. When you isolate 2014 numbers they are over 40% behind in the US, by far their strongest market. And the reasons are clear : the 360 was a smashing success in the US (contrary to BS, PS3 never closed any gap in the US), and that bred a very dedicated core fanbase. Microsoft overestimated the size of the loyal core just as Sony did with the PS2 gen. The extreme Sony fans who bought PS3 early for $500+ are the same types of people who bought X1 for $500, who would buy a cardboard box with a logo on it and still claim it was the best thing ever just due to the brand. As Sony learned with PS2 to PS3, and MS is learning with 360 to X1, there aren't enough of these brand zombies to make a mass success in the US. If I'm correct, July will show a return to ~30kish/week for X1 or so, and August will be similar. September will see the gap grow well over 1M, and at this point the die is pretty well cast. X1 has no chance at catching up, their best hope is to not become a niche player. Unlike ps3, there are no foreign markets to fall back on. Europe is a lost cause, UK is a tiny market with a split, Japan is dead to home consoles, and the rest of the list isn't going to help either. It's up to them to claw to 35m lifetime, or wither at 25m or less.

silentdj151 said:

The Fact is that neither is winning and its just the beginning of the generation, this holiday season will show which system will take a lead in North America.  

How is the PS4 not winning when it has more consoles sold and more software sold...it doesn't matter how small the lead is, if ones ahead its obviously winning no matter how much you don't like it. 

KingdomHeartsFan said:
silentdj151 said:

The Fact is that neither is winning and its just the beginning of the generation, this holiday season will show which system will take a lead in North America.  

How is the PS4 not winning when it has more consoles sold and more software sold...it doesn't matter how small the lead is, if ones ahead its obviously winning no matter how much you don't like it. 

lol yeah

so xbox one is winning china for sure

they will lead there by x vs 0 sales...