By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 North America - XB1...I AM GROOT!

Globally in the U.S?

Lol

Around the Network

#PS4Won

jlmurph2 said:
BreedinBull said:
Can't beat em in what counts, find useless things you can beat em in.

I thought games were what mattered this gen. Now they're useless?

it's also where most of the profit is made

Will still be an uphil battle for the X1 this year, but I think that after September, the X1 has a chance to swing back the momentum in it's favor with FH2, SSO, CoD, and Halo comming out.

The PS4's biggest problem is that it doesn't really have a 'big' exclusive out this holiday.  LBP3 and Driveclub will do ok, but are nothing compaired to Halo, and I think Halo MCC will be the big push that is needed to get XB back up on its feet in the US.

Now whether or not they can outsell the PS4 this holiday will completely come down to pricing & special deals/bundles.

If they make the right moves (price drop to $350, or Halo MCC bundle $400), then I think they have a good chance of retaking NA.

silentdj151 said:

So, all figures in spreedsheet are in millions all data from vgchartz current data you can double check it if you want.

Tired of these doom threads about XB1 by PS4 fanboys.  The Fact is that neither is winning and its just the beginning of the generation, this holiday season will show which system will take a lead in North America.  

KEY STATS:

1. Software sales show in XB1 is doing just fine with an attach rate of 3.16 compared to P24 of 2.57 for North America.

2. 1 in 5 XB1 and PS4 owners bought the most popular multi plats.

3. 28% of XB1 owners bought popular exclusives.

4. 14% of PS4 owners bought populat exclusives.(data skewed due to LAST of US but even i give a healthy number like half million doesn't change at all)

Data is below...wish I had Last of US data.  

Guardians of the Galaxy is the best marvel movie to date.

XBOX ONE NORTH AMERICA   PS4 NORTH AMERICA
popular multi plats units sold attach ratio   popular multi plats units sold attach ratio
Call of Duty: Ghosts 1.33 39%   Call of Duty: Ghosts 1.29 31%
Battlefield 4 0.88 26%   Battlefield 4 0.92 22%
FIFA Soccer 14 0.32 9%   FIFA Soccer 14 0.48 12%
Assassin's Creed IV 0.55 16%   Assassin's Creed IV 0.76 19%
Madden NFL 25 0.51 15%   Madden NFL 25 0.55 13%
Watch Dogs 0.64 19%   Watch Dogs 1.03 25%
MULTI TOTALS 4.23 21%   MULTI TOTALS 5.03 20%
popular exclusives   popular exclusives
Titanfall 1.38 40%   killzone 0.68 17%
Forza 0.88 26%   inFamous 0.75 19%
Dead Rising 3 0.93 27%   Knack 0.29 7%
Ryse 0.62 18%   last of US ? ?
EXCLUSIVES TOTALS 3.81 28%   EXCLUSIVES TOTALS 1.72 14%
OVERALL TOTALS 8.04 236%   TOTALS 6.75 165%
CONSOLES SOLD NORTH AMERICA   CONSOLES SOLD NORTH AMERICA
3.41   4.1
GAMES SOLD NORTH AMERICA   GAMES SOLD NORTH AMERICA
10.79   10.52
OVERALL ATTACH RATE   OVERALL ATTACH RATE
316%   257%

Should we make a new Chalkboard for Xbox one? 'cause we crossed all the important things on the last one and there is no space for sunset overdrive,MCC,quantum break and fire Major nelson/penello/harrison/spencer.

inb4 moderated 

This is a genuine question!

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
AZWification said:

Proof that the X1 is a lost cause in America, eh?

Exactly, thanks to the new update that gives devs 10% more power, and exclusive marketing with COD, combined with Halo:MCC will make the X1 outsell the PS4 globally in the US.

In all seriousness though, the X1 can still possibly beat the PS4 in the US.

This is my new favorite metric for measuring success. 

jlmurph2 said:
BreedinBull said:
Can't beat em in what counts, find useless things you can beat em in.

I thought games were what mattered this gen. Now they're useless?

It's VGC software sales data that's useless. Was almost useless last generation, but now that digitals sales are a thing for every game the data is totally useless, especially as a pissing contest; which is what this thread is. The accuracey of the actual disc sales can easily have a 20% margin for error slapped on it. And then with digital sales thrown in any game that's within 30% of the sales of another game might as well be called even.

Vgc might as well go for qualitative sales information for software: excellent, very good, good, mediocre, bad, aweful, epic fail. That's about as accurate are having a stab at actual numbers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Is this to prove that MS can't win ? Going by this info shows games and software can't save the X1, its issues are something else. Lasting pr stench never going away and or inferior hardware and lower value. They need to cut price to about half the PS4s price more like the 360 had else accept gen long failure.

Since people keep bringing global lets break it down real quick...PS4 has sold 43% more hardware globally and 31% more games then the XB1...why isn't games sold percentage higher? The XB1 has a global attach rate of 3.26 and the PS4 has a global attach rate of 2.71. XB1 doesn't have to make up the hardware difference right away it sells games regardless at a higher attach rate.

Attach rate is surely the best joke ever, for a lot of multiplatforms 3DS/Vita, 3DS has a lame attach rate compared to Vita, but nobody would dare talkign about this.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m