By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Around the Network

As soon as I saw the stupid blue uniforms I knew this game would be a mess. For some reason they're cursed. They are playing like the Raiders today. These are still the same Eagles that got absolutely destroyed by GB, so this is 110% on Dallas for playing like garbage. All of their crap garbage games are at home too, so they'll probably win in Philly in two weeks lol. NFC East will come down to the other games.

Yeah as I said, I was kind of edgy on picking Dallas at home since they get all their losses at home. Casters acting like Dallas had a nice home advantage, but meh.

Yeah Dallas doesn't really have any sort of home advantage and I was wondering why they wore their blue jerseys at home.

CHI-DET  2 PHI-DAL  1 SEA-SF  1 WAS-IND  2
TEN-HOU  2 CLE-BUF  1 SD-BAL  2 NYG-JAC  1
CIN-TB  1 OAK-STL  2 NO-PIT  2 CAR-MIN  2
ARI-ATL  1 NE-GB  2 DEN-KC  1 MIA-NYJ 1 by 14

Updated with my picks for the remaining games.

Around the Network

All is going as planned.

I expect to wake up to be 3-0 going into Sundays games.

Seattle heating up late in the year. GB is still the team to beat in the NFC, but Seattle, Philly, Dallas are all still in the fringes.

I'm sort of relieved in one way with the Dallas game going how it did, they played HORRIBLY, and they lost. They fully deserved to lose. They lost a couple of bad calls and no-calls, they had some bad luck here and there, but the theme of the night by far was just the offense and defense being out of sync, playing uninspired, just complete trash on all levels.

Why is that good? Well, for one thing they can't possibly excuse the game at any level, they have to OWN that L at every man except Dan Bailey lol. They will have to really get serious in the rest of their games if they want to even deserve a wildcard slot, whereas Philly might get a big head from this game and start a slide. Dallas is still undefeated on the road, and are headed right up to the Eagles Nest in just two weeks. Basically the winner of that 2nd game should win the division.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Jesus Romo.

What kind of a QB throws 7 touchdowns over 2 games and follows it up with a no touchdown, 2 interception performance?

The only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency.

Haha true. Well, at least I can hope he's got that out of his system for a while.

The entire team played like absolute putrid garbage though, so this hopefully completely resets and re-grounds them.

Seahawks and 49ers defense fairly solid. 49ers slightly worse.
Seahawks offense good and 49ers offense terrible.

I would not be surprised from a 49ers win in 2 weeks. But I will vote Seahwawks based on this performance anyways :/.

Nice 3-0 start to my week.