By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
LudicrousSpeed said:
So did RG3 get benched again for reals?

Unfortuantly, I dont think Colt McCoy will get anything done with that O-line at the moment.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 2 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 2 MIA-NYJ  MIA by 7

A couple notes here:

I think the highly anticipated NFC East match up this Thursday will result in a blowout in favor of the Cowboys. They have looked great ever sense there bye while the Eagles really haven't impressed these last few weeks.

Praying that the Giants don't screw up and let the Jaguars win... that would just be too embarrassing.

I really have no idea who will win between NE and GB but I gave it to GB becuase there on fire at home and I hate the Patriots. Should be the best game of the week.

I think the Broncos and Chiefs game will be a lot closer then most think. Chiefs are excellent at home and despite there recent loss they have had extra time to prepare for this game and I think they will show up in a big way.

^^ Great points all around FR.

The Giants have way more talent and ability than most think. I don't think Coughlin and the new OC are a good match though. And I feel like Eli still needs more time to learn the offense.

Arkaign said:
^^ Great points all around FR.

The Giants have way more talent and ability than most think. I don't think Coughlin and the new OC are a good match though. And I feel like Eli still needs more time to learn the offense.

I totally agree. There last game showed there is some real talent on the team and the Giants have a legitimant offense. Some really unfortuante injurys like Odell missing the first 4 games, Cruz getting a season ending injury right when Odell gets back, Rashad Jennings getting injuried right before the Giants two important divisonal games and a ton of injuries on defense have destroyed the Giants season this year. It also doesn't help that like you said Eli has to adjust to a new offense with all these problems. Eli has actually had a pretty good year considering what he has to deal with.

I think what is really killing the giants is there defense. There has been a lotof  injuries on defense, but its ridicoulous how easy we make it for other teams to score. Letting teams have 9 seconds to throw the ball, and allowing 150+ rushing yards in some games is embarrasing. I think it's time to get a new defensive cordinator and focus on repairing the O-line (They give Eli NO time) and fix the rest of the defense in the off season. I think the OC and the rest of the offense will get back on track in the off season and be on point next year (Atleast I hope XD). The offense needs some time, the defense needs some adjustments and the Giants wont be a half bad team. Isn't it sad that i'm already looking foward to the next year XP.

Sorry for writing so much didn't realize until I was already done XP.

Arkaign Predicts:
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ 1 x 20

Pretty easy other than a handful.

Picking GB even though I think NE is the more complete team at the moment. The smart pick is the Patriots, but I just have a feeling about this one.

Around the Network
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 1 NYG-JAC 1
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 1 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ MIA by 14

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

noname2200 said:
Burek said:

Or just go online and take advantage of huge deals there from the comfort of your own home during the halftime...

I simply don't understand the Americans' obsession with actually going to the stores and fighting off hordes of shoppers..

It's the only exercise we ever get.

You're hilarious!

FatedReality said:

I think the Broncos and Chiefs game will be a lot closer then most think. Chiefs are excellent at home and despite there recent loss they have had extra time to prepare for this game and I think they will show up in a big way.

Recent Chiefs-Broncos games have been close. It usually comes down to Denver holding a small touchdown lead in a lot of the games. The Chiefs defense has been good against the Broncos. Thing is the Cheifs offense has been horrible lately. If the Broncos D shows up again the Chiefs might have it pretty bad. The Chiefs also looked horrible on offense against Buffalo before that Raider game. They only won because of late turnovers by the Bills and because Jamal Lewis had one really great and long touchdown run. Basically the Bills chocked and the Chiefs got a really lucky win.

CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 2 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 1 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 1 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ 1 by 7

Welp now we need a real number 1 CB in Dallas, Odell Beckham is a great WR and Brandon Carr is a borderline 2 CB who's being paid a number 1's money. Of course CB isn't Dallas's biggest worry on Defense, they could use upgrades at pretty much every spot on the defense, D-Line, Linebackers, CB, and Safeties. I'm getting ahead of myself though, the draft is still several months away