By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Nice comeback win by the Ravens. I think a 6-10 record might be good enough to win the NFC south.

Around the Network

CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 1 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 1 SD-BAL 1 NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 1 NO-PIT 2 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 1 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ 1 by 14

RolStoppable said:
Burek said:
gergroy said:
Freaking Seahawks game is right in the middle of the thanksgiving/Black Friday sales.... What to do... Watch football?... or spend money to save money...

Or just go online and take advantage of huge deals there from the comfort of your own home during the halftime...

I simply don't understand the Americans' obsession with actually going to the stores and fighting off hordes of shoppers..

Americans also like Mario Kart's battle mode more than actual races. Additionally, they measure the size of soft drinks at fast food restaurants in gallons. And to top it all off, they call a sport that is first and foremost played with hands "football".

Basically, logic isn't their strong suit.

You forgot to mention how much fun it is standing in line for hours!

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 2 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 2 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 1 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ 1 by 17

CHI-DET 1
PHI-DAL 2
SEA-SF 2
WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2
CLE-BUF 1
SD-BAL 2
NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1
OAK-STL 2
NO-PIT 1
CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1
NE-GB 2
DEN-KC 1
MIA-NYJ 1 by 20

Around the Network
Burek said:

Or just go online and take advantage of huge deals there from the comfort of your own home during the halftime...

I simply don't understand the Americans' obsession with actually going to the stores and fighting off hordes of shoppers..

It's the only exercise we ever get.

CHI-DET 2
PHI-DAL 2
SEA-SF 1
WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2
CLE-BUF 2
SD-BAL 2
NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1
OAK-STL 2
NO-PIT 2
CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1
NE-GB 2
DEN-KC 1
MIA-NYJ 1 by 14

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 2 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 2 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 1 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ MIA by 21

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 1 PHI-DAL 1 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 1 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 2
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 1 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ MIA by 8

Tougher week than the last one, but still enough easy games to get double digit wins on the record for the week. Or so I think.

RolStoppable said:
Burek said:
gergroy said:
Freaking Seahawks game is right in the middle of the thanksgiving/Black Friday sales.... What to do... Watch football?... or spend money to save money...

Americans also like Mario Kart's battle mode more than actual races. Additionally, they measure the size of soft drinks at fast food restaurants in gallons. And to top it all off, they call a sport that is first and foremost played with hands "football".

Basically, logic isn't their strong suit.

Not any less logical than your native Australia where they blabber on about something called Australian Rules Football

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET  2 PHI-DAL  2 SEA-SF  2 WAS-IND  2
TEN-HOU  2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 1 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 2 MIA-NYJ MIA by 11