By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND
TEN-HOU   CLE-BUF   SD-BAL   NYG-JAC  
CIN-TB   OAK-STL   NO-PIT   CAR-MIN  
ARI-ATL   NE-GB   DEN-KC   MIA-NYJ by X

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ljigga said:

I didn't change my prediction in the late game though? But anyways I didn't know the rule.....COLLUSION I SAY! COLLUSION 

The rule comes into effect after the late batch of Sunday games has ended, so changing the SNF pick without touching the MNF prediction is also not allowed to result in a tie. This week we had a special case with the postponed NYJ@BUF game, but the rule is all the same.

Anyway, since the Saints lost, you lost the first step of the tie-breaking procedure; and since so many people picked Baltimore, the tie-breaker for the score wasn't needed in your case, so ultimately you lost out on nothing.

Okay, rule is clear now. 

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 2 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 1 NYG-JAC 1
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 2 CAR-MIN 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 2 MIA-NYJ MIA by 3

Might edit later. But whenever I predict late it doesnt go to well. Might as well get all on the table now.

Detroit may have lost last week, but they are not Chicago bad.

Dallas are better at away games then at home. But I think Sanchez will give the opposing team more chances to win then Romo.

I think SEA and SF will take one game off of each other, it is more likely to be the homes games that they win.

Free games easy picks for most of the rest.

NE @ GB will be a good game. You have the Patriots and then you have Packers at home. If the Patriots are going to lose then this game would be it.

Denver has been having a few issues and KC is good at home. Upset pick I guess?

Well, I couldn't have gone against the Saints, I guess somewhere deep down I still remember them as a respectable home team. But I am very glad Baltimore won and kept pace in their division, as they are my pick to win it. And double that because of my prediction for Falcons to win their division (6-10 might just be enough).

Not that happy with losing ground to the Top 5, just a few weeks back I was #3, but last week really crushed me. Regardless, no changes in my tactics, will continue to pick according to my plan (I already have picked the rest of the season). Might help me bounce back, but also dropping out of the playoffs is not impossible at this time.

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 1 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND 2
TEN-HOU 2 CLE-BUF 2 SD-BAL 2 NYG-JAC 1
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ 1 by 7

Around the Network
Burek tries to inch closer to the Top5:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 1 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND 2
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 2 DEN-KC 2 MIA-NYJ MIA by 21

RolStoppable said:
CHI-DET 2 PHI-DAL 2 SEA-SF 1 WAS-IND 2
CIN-TB 1 OAK-STL 2 NO-PIT 2 CAR-MIN 1
ARI-ATL 1 NE-GB 1 DEN-KC 1 MIA-NYJ MIA by 15

Missed last week *shrugs*, so I'm getting my predictions done early this week. 

Freaking Seahawks game is right in the middle of the thanksgiving/Black Friday sales.... What to do... Watch football?... or spend money to save money...

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
Freaking Seahawks game is right in the middle of the thanksgiving/Black Friday sales.... What to do... Watch football?... or spend money to save money...

Don't you mean the question is more along the lines of "Get trampled on yourself or watch people get trampled on?"

Yes, you are right, that is a more correct question!

gergroy said:

Or just go online and take advantage of huge deals there from the comfort of your own home during the halftime...

I simply don't understand the Americans' obsession with actually going to the stores and fighting off hordes of shoppers..