By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
MTZehvor said:
Arkaign said:
Yeah, they would definitely get killed by either team. I'm still disappointed in them giving up in the 4th quarter last week vs. the Lions to lose by 4. The Dolphins have already lost easily to the Patriots, Bills and Chiefs. They lost a close one to the Packers, and have only beaten bad teams other than the Chargers (who I guess have become pretty bad over after the opening month).

In fact, I'd eat my hat if they beat either the Pats or Broncos lol. But you're right, getting to the post-season in that terrible division with their schedule is a very real possibility.

Dolphins actually beat the Patriots in the only game they've played this season.

Enjoy your entree de hat.

Yeah they beat them pretty convincingly too. Granted this was before the Patriots hit their stride, but it's not like the game was close. I believe Miami won that game by 10+ points. The Dolphins defianlty aren't superbowl bound, but they are no slouch either. I can see Miami and the Chiefs (another sleeper team) making some upsets in thier future games and maybe even win a playoff game if they get there.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

BUF-MIA 2 MIN-CHI 1 HOU-CLE 2 ATL-CAR 2
CIN-NO 2 TB-WAS 2 DEN-STL 1 SF-NYG 1
SEA-KC 1 OAK-SD 2 DET-ARI 2 PHI-GB 2
NE-IND 1 BYE   BYE   PIT-TEN PIT by 14

Another week where I vote for both of my teams to win. It has happened twice before where both won in the same week.

Chicago seems really bad, even in important games and home games. I think MIN will try to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Home teams should in general win. But teams like Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks can win through it. SF winning over NYG is a tossup though.

Anyone here a Patriots fan?

Shame on your team.

Shame on them.

noname2200 said:

So allegedly this just got put (and then promptly removed) from the Patriots' official Twitter handle:

Onlyl bad things can come from Twitter.

Carl2291 said:

Anyone here a Patriots fan?

Shame on your team.

Shame on them.

I am, and I will counter this shame by saying at least we're improving.

We've gone from having murderers at TE to just being racist.

Little steps, people

Around the Network

Well it looks like the person that is in charge of the Patriots twitter account was asleep at the wheel. Still not as bad as the Washington Redskins, who have a racist nickname and where known for being the most racist team in the past, had a racist owner and where the last team to fully integrate in 1962.

MTZehvor said:

I am, and I will counter this shame by saying at least we're improving.

We've gone from having murderers at TE to just being racist.

Little steps, people

Heheh, well played.

For what it's worth, it seems they just set up a script to automatically broadcast the winner's name, so...lesson learned, most likely. Also, one intern is likely looking for another non-paying job right about now.

I want to change my pick in the HOU/CLE game from HOU to CLE.
I don't see my Texans doing much without Foster.

Arkaign said:
Yeah, they would definitely get killed by either team. I'm still disappointed in them giving up in the 4th quarter last week vs. the Lions to lose by 4. The Dolphins have already lost easily to the Patriots, Bills and Chiefs. They lost a close one to the Packers, and have only beaten bad teams other than the Chargers (who I guess have become pretty bad over after the opening month).

In fact, I'd eat my hat if they beat either the Pats or Broncos lol. But you're right, getting to the post-season in that terrible division with their schedule is a very real possibility.

What? Do you watch the games? They Destroyed the Patriots in week 1 without Misi, Jones, and Jordan on defensive side and Tannehill first game in the new offense who stuggled the first 3 weeks.  You are way off.

DolPhanTendo said:
Arkaign said:

What? Do you watch the games? They Destroyed the Patriots in week 1 without Misi, Jones, and Jordan on defensive side and Tannehill first game in the new offense who stuggled the first 3 weeks.  You are way off.

Well, let's be equally fair here, the Pats had yet to solidify their front seven, Gronk wasn't anything like his typical self, LaFell hadn't established his role in the offense, Browner hadn't played yet and The Dolphins record at home 1st game of the season in 80+ degree weather is on par with the Patriots types of ridiculous  divisional splits these past 10+ years.  The Dolphins defensive front is great, but are they much better than Denver's?  Who only got to Brady once?