By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
Arkaign said:
NobleTeam360 said:
So the Eagles lost their QB and their best defensive player (Demeco Ryans) sucks for the Eagles but in reality I'm enjoying it

I hate to see anybody injured. I guess the positive is that it balances things a little. The Cowboys (and many other teams out there in the league) have gotten some really unlucky injuries to key players.

I don't like them either (regardless of team) I would prefer if everyone could just stay healthy all year long that way it would be no excuses from the other side when they lose but that never happens. At least it dampered the Eagle fans a little , unless they somehow keep winning then I'll be annoyed again.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
gergroy said:
So... Sanchez is in and Foles is out... What do you guys think? The Eagles going to tank now?

The guy's NFL record is 70 TDs, 71 INTs. This is his 6th year in the league.

I think he has the experience to lead a rush-heavy team with a stout defense. I am not sure he has the capacity to run a team dependent on high output passing offense though.

He's better than Weeden. That's not saying much though.

You are a Cowboys fan, so you are heavily biased against the Eagles by default. Let's see what an unbiased NFL guy has to say about Sanchez:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000422393/article/chip-kelly-mark-sanchez-is-a-hell-of-a-quarterback

I think that's an interesting headline, because it can be interpreted in different ways.

Who coaches the Eagles again?

I'm looking forward to see what Sanchez can do now that he's escaped the evil clutches of Rex Ryan's offense. He really wasn't bad those first two years, when the Jets had actual NFL players on offense instead of practice squad rejects.

Wow, I didn't expect to move up in the standings after my TNF debacle, along with picking Chargers to win.

Hopefully, next week I can maintain that position. I must admit that I've never imagined I will be this high up, I was just looking forward to competing...

Certainly, Sanchez will be enough to defeat Panthers next week. It doesn't matter who the QB is, as long as darren Sproles stys healthy.

CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 1 MIA-DET 1 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 2 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 1
DEN-OAK 1 STL-ARI 2 NYG-SEA 2 CHI-GB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI 2 by 3

RolStoppable said:
CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 1 MIA-DET 2 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 2 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI 2 by 3

Wonder if anyone predicted Cleveland-Cincinatti as the best game of the week before the season started

Around the Network

The poll is wrong, Rol was moderated for being mean to someone and getting the phrase wrong.

gergroy said:
So... Sanchez is in and Foles is out... What do you guys think? The Eagles going to tank now?

Chip Kelly has masterminded the quarterback-proof offense. The Eagles will soar.

Mark Sanchez is a terrible NFL QB. The Eagles are in big trouble. Their remaining games are pretty tough for the most part.

Broncos better rebound good against the shitty shitty Raiders.

RolStoppable said:
CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 2 MIA-DET 1 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 1 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI 1 by 5

Sanchez isn't good, but I think he will do just fine with the Eagles. Fole's threw at least one interception every game and they still managed to win most of their games. If Sanchez throws for a lot of yards (Its a Chip Kelley offense so he will) like Fole's did the Eagles should be OK. However this basically kills any playoff hopes for the Eagle's because I cant see Sanchez having a surge through the high pressure games if they do get there.

Eagle's fans should be more worried about what will happen next year. Fole's injury seems pretty serious and will probably linger around for awhile sense it directly effects his throwing. If Sanchez turns out to be a complete dud the Eagle's could be in trouble the next few years with no QB.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!