By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I went to Gamescom - Updated - Now with pics! Page 5

EEJLND said:
So you played Journey, how was it? In case you already played the PS3 version, how does it feel now at 1080p60? Must be gorgeous I guess And what part of the game was playable and how long could you play it?

As for Driveclub, why do you think it didn't amaze people, obviosuly besides the graphics? Is the driving just not fun, or maybe rather too arcady or too realistic for a newcomer to the game?

I played Journey for the first time and thought it was really beautiful. Played about 5 minutes or so, flying through the area

DriveClub, well... I have to say while you are driving the graphics are very good but it's not breathtaking while looking better than FH2. The driving itself is not that nice - the handling just is odd sometimes and if you leave the track a counter appears which sets you back on track after 3 seconds. I was one of the only ones who played a second round which was easy as DC wasn't that crowded. It was really sad seeing the PS people when people stopped playing mid-race and going to Fifa 15

I would give it a chance again via PS+ as I don't know how old the build was I played but Sony didn't catch the people for the game in the GC state.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
EEJLND said:
So you played Journey, how was it? In case you already played the PS3 version, how does it feel now at 1080p60? Must be gorgeous I guess And what part of the game was playable and how long could you play it?

As for Driveclub, why do you think it didn't amaze people, obviosuly besides the graphics? Is the driving just not fun, or maybe rather too arcady or too realistic for a newcomer to the game?

I played Journey for the first time and thought it was really beautiful. Played about 5 minutes or so, flying through the area

DriveClub, well... I have to say while you are driving the graphics are very good but it's not breathtaking while looking better than FH2. The driving itself is not that nice - the handling just is odd sometimes and if you leave the track a counter appears which sets you back on track after 3 seconds. I was one of the only ones who played a second round which was easy as DC wasn't that crowded. It was really sad seeing the PS people when people stopped playing mid-race and going to Fifa 15

I would give it a chance again via PS+ as I don't know how old the build was I played but Sony didn't catch the people for the game in the GC state.

Hm :-/ ... the car handling is certainly the most important aspect. I'm curious to find out how the handling is - two more months until release. I personally have it pre-ordered for only about 20€ through amazon So I will pretty sure keep it, unless the reviews are really bad. Yeah I agree with you: that 3 sec counter is strange. Even in the videos I find it rather annoying...I mean it's really big and then also right in the middle of the screen?! -.- At least they should make it smaller. That's indeed sad...but perhaps it was also not a great idea to position the FIFA 15 booth so close to the DriveClub's ^^

EEJLND said:
walsufnir said:
EEJLND said:

Hm :-/ ... the car handling is certainly the most important aspect. I'm curious to find out how the handling is - two more months until release. I personally have it pre-ordered for only about 20€ through amazon So I will pretty sure keep it, unless the reviews are really bad. Yeah I agree with you: that 3 sec counter is strange. Even in the videos I find it rather annoying...I mean it's really big and then also right in the middle of the screen?! -.- At least they should make it smaller. That's indeed sad...but perhaps it was also not a great idea to position the FIFA 15 booth so close to the DriveClub's ^^

Perhaps not a good decision with the booths, yes.

I played Horizon 2 just before DC so there was a direct comparison and as the graphics were definitely in favor for DC gameplay with Horizon 2 was way better. Sad for both: rubberband AI in favor for the player. If you crash a lot AI is way slower so you can catch up to the AI. That said in Horizon 2 you could get away from AI just as in DC.

Ugh I hate AI like that in Racing games. It makes them even easier than they already are

Xevross said:

Ugh I hate AI like that in Racing games. It makes them even easier than they already are

In both games I did a "panorama" run and tried to look around to find some graphical quirks which I found in both games (especially looking behind you there is a lot of "pop out" with stuff just disappearing and bad textures were found easily). Then I raced again and  about 20 seconds later I overtook the first opponent.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Xevross said:

In both games I did a "panorama" run and tried to look around to find some graphical quirks which I found in both games (especially looking behind you there is a lot of "pop out" with stuff just disappearing and bad textures were found easily). Then I raced again and  about 20 seconds later I overtook the first opponent.

So you're saying it was quite easy then? .....le sigh
I'm also very jealous that you got to play Bloodborne

Xevross said:
walsufnir said:
Xevross said:

So you're saying it was quite easy then? .....le sigh
I'm also very jealous that you got to play Bloodborne

Well, not easy. When you reach 3rd place AI starts acting quite strange and seems to find the pedal to accelerate. Really strange feeling.

Bloodborne was nice, though! Plays quite fluid.

rubberband ai is really bad, especially since they advertise it whit the drivatar-system wish worked really well on forza 5, hopefully it´s just missing in the demo, otherwise that would be disappointing

Brotherstotheend said:
rubberband ai is really bad, especially since they advertise it whit the drivatar-system wish worked really well on forza 5, hopefully it´s just missing in the demo, otherwise that would be disappointing

I was talking about DriveClub. Horizon 2 was the same build as E3 so months old, also Xbones yesterday (at least with H2) didn't have internet.

Oh man! Where are the pictures of the booth babes?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---