By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us PS4 has already eclipsed its PS3 predecessor

Games like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto have enough replay value in the single player game that makes up for lacking multi-player/online modes. Call of Duty, Killzone, Battlefield, Gears of War, Halo etc multi-player modes are much better than the tacked on single player campaign modes. All it comes down to is whether or not you prefer single player or the online/multi-player mode of a game. Getting smashed all day/night and being trashed talked by 12 to 14 year old kids is not much fun for a 20 to 30+ adult gamer.

Around the Network
ThatDanishGamer said:

Blue is TLOU:R, yellow is TLOU, green is U3.

where did you get that, and whats the numbers on the verticle axis, 5000 increments?

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Games like Uncharted, The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto have enough replay value in the single player game that makes up for lacking multi-player/online modes. Call of Duty, Killzone, Battlefield, Gears of War, Halo etc multi-player modes are much better than the tacked on single player campaign modes. All it comes down to is whether or not you prefer single player or the online/multi-player mode of a game. Getting smashed all day/night and being trashed talked by 12 to 14 year old kids is not much fun for a 20 to 30+ adult gamer.

Not sure what you mean but single player in Halo and Gears are in no way "tacked on". They are a rare type of game that people love for single and multiplayer. Same goes for COD 4 and MW2.

jlmurph2 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Not sure what you mean but single player in Halo and Gears are in no way "tacked on". They are a rare type of game that people love for single and multiplayer. Same goes for COD 4 and MW2.

The primary focus of those games are the multiplayer. That doesn't mean the single player is bad though. But more people that buy those games skip out on the single player and go straight to the multiplayer. I know I did on all of the CODs that I bought. I stopped playing COD campaigns after MW2.

QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:

Yes, it is.

Whether yuo like it or not, this game will sell, you dont have to buy it because clearly you are a Nintendo fan infact i believe this game is actually moving consoles too because the PS4 console moved from the 11th spot on the Amazon best seller to the 5th spot and it has been that way since this game came out. So yes, the demand is very much there. If you cant acknowledge that; your cup of tea. 

I'm not saying the game won't sell. However it being a blockbuster hit and selling over a million within the first week is highly unlikely.

And lets say it does happen. Lets say it does sell over a million within its first week. What then?  We can expect other companies to follow suit with this, and soon the PS4 would be chalked full of "remasters".  PS4 owners wouldn't be too happy, just like they aren't too happy about the huge influx of indie titles on their system.

1) lol I never said it would be a blockbuster hit, I said it would sell well  (future tense, pay attention). and it kept to that predition. TLOU already sold 7 million copys on the PS3 and I am cool with that. If it can sell 2 million on the PS4, that will be more than satisfying.

2) Also this is the vey first remake of a PS exclusive. Where did you get the news of the PS4 being "chalked full " of remasters. Isnt MS coming out with the Master Chief Collections? the same ONE number of remasters that the PS4 has?

3) Also, what makes you think  PS4 owners are mad about the indies on the system? the typical PS4 owner knows that more exclusives are coming in the future and there are a lot of third party games still here. I really think people wouldnt be so discouraging if the PS4 wasnt outselling their favourite console. 

4) PS: No Man's Sky is an indie game; guess the influx of indies isnt really a bad thing if we can get something like that every 2 years on the indie side. guess who is clamouring for it now: Xbox fanboys dissing the PS4 about indies...

Lets address your points separately, shall we?

1) Well, "Will sell well" and "has sold well" are two different meanings. So, whatever "prediction" you're referring to, I'm certain it's not about TLoU:RE, because there aren't any official sales numbers on that game yet. (DId you even, read me post properly, or you just see what you what to see?)

2) I never said the PS4 was chalked full of remasters.  I was speaking theoretically. If TLoU sells a bunch, it will certainly lead to other companies following suit. As for the Master Chief Collection: That is a collection of games. Not only that, but Halo 1 and Halo 2 were given more than just increased resolutions and better textures. Also, it's not called "Remastered". By all intent and purposes, the Master Chief Collection seems like a better deal since it's 4 games for the price of one.

3) I hear many Sony fans complain about how they bought the PS4 for a next-gen experience while only being promised indie titles. Makes sense to me. People were promised 1080p/60fps graphics and a huge generational leap, but instead, were given indie games that don't look any more dazzling than what the Wii U can produce. As far as the future is concerned, buying a console for its potential future games is a terrible reason to buy a console. You buy a console for the games it has available right now. In the future, the PS4 may end up with a price drop with an decent exclusive pack-in. Or, on the other hand, the PS4 may never get the games you want. You honestly don't know. Also, who cares who's piece of plastic outsells another's piece of plastic? You don't work for Sony and I certainly don't work for Nintendo. Heck, I own a PS3 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I also have a beefy gaming rig in which I can play 3rd party games in 1080p/60fps or even 4k resolutions. Why care about how well the PS4 is selling or how poorly the Xbone is selling? Just play your games and be happy. 

(all this lines right here is of you now being theoretical; also, all of this is unfounded) 

4) Who cares?  (you seem to do very much, your entire last point was you subtly dissing the indies on the PS4) I certainly don't. Sony fans are the one's complaining about Sony focusing more on indie titles than AAA titles. I honestly think indies are the future of the industry and I definitely welcome the indie scene. 

PS:
I really dont care what the Xbox sales are...

Seriously, that is definitely something I can say I dont care about...

On the other hand, I would like for Sony to do well, because I believe they need this more than anyone else. 

Also, which Sony fans are complaining? people keep throwing blanket statements around...idk. All Sony fans are disappointed now? Yet, the system is still selling like crazy...too much indies and one remaster and not too many exclusives in the FIRST YEAR of a console's life cycle. UNHEARD OF!!!

Also, how many exclusive does Exclusives Champion Microsoft have on the Xbox One? I mean they have only one remaster. so, how many RELEASED (keyword here) exclusives do they have now? I will wait.....

Also, is MS's "remaster" all of a sudden different from a regular remaster now? Please, do tell me the requirement for something to be classified as a remaster again. 

What makes you think all games are worth of a remasters? the Ps3 and Xbox one had tonnes of remasters and neither of them lacked for exclusives. you are projecting right now....

At the end of the day, if the ps4 is doing as badly as you say, Then, it shouldnt sell as well as it is doing now. Guess Sony got something right. So, calm down, because nobody was blaming you for being a plastic defender, and enjoy the ride. It should be a short one, the way i see it. 

Around the Network
overman1 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:

Yes, it is.

Whether yuo like it or not, this game will sell, you dont have to buy it because clearly you are a Nintendo fan infact i believe this game is actually moving consoles too because the PS4 console moved from the 11th spot on the Amazon best seller to the 5th spot and it has been that way since this game came out. So yes, the demand is very much there. If you cant acknowledge that; your cup of tea. 

I'm not saying the game won't sell. However it being a blockbuster hit and selling over a million within the first week is highly unlikely.

And lets say it does happen. Lets say it does sell over a million within its first week. What then?  We can expect other companies to follow suit with this, and soon the PS4 would be chalked full of "remasters".  PS4 owners wouldn't be too happy, just like they aren't too happy about the huge influx of indie titles on their system.

1) lol I never said it would be a blockbuster hit, I said it would sell well  (future tense, pay attention). and it kept to that predition. TLOU already sold 7 million copys on the PS3 and I am cool with that. If it can sell 2 million on the PS4, that will be more than satisfying.

2) Also this is the vey first remake of a PS exclusive. Where did you get the news of the PS4 being "chalked full " of remasters. Isnt MS coming out with the Master Chief Collections? the same ONE number of remasters that the PS4 has?

3) Also, what makes you think  PS4 owners are mad about the indies on the system? the typical PS4 owner knows that more exclusives are coming in the future and there are a lot of third party games still here. I really think people wouldnt be so discouraging if the PS4 wasnt outselling their favourite console. 

4) PS: No Man's Sky is an indie game; guess the influx of indies isnt really a bad thing if we can get something like that every 2 years on the indie side. guess who is clamouring for it now: Xbox fanboys dissing the PS4 about indies...

1) Well, "Will sell well" and "has sold well" are two different meanings. So, whatever "prediction" you're referring to, I'm certain it's not about TLoU:RE, because there aren't any official sales numbers on that game yet. (DId you even, read me post properly, or you just see what you what to see?)

2) I never said the PS4 was chalked full of remasters.  I was speaking theoretically. If TLoU sells a bunch, it will certainly lead to other companies following suit. As for the Master Chief Collection: That is a collection of games. Not only that, but Halo 1 and Halo 2 were given more than just increased resolutions and better textures. Also, it's not called "Remastered". By all intent and purposes, the Master Chief Collection seems like a better deal since it's 4 games for the price of one.

3) I hear many Sony fans complain about how they bought the PS4 for a next-gen experience while only being promised indie titles. Makes sense to me. People were promised 1080p/60fps graphics and a huge generational leap, but instead, were given indie games that don't look any more dazzling than what the Wii U can produce. As far as the future is concerned, buying a console for its potential future games is a terrible reason to buy a console. You buy a console for the games it has available right now. In the future, the PS4 may end up with a price drop with an decent exclusive pack-in. Or, on the other hand, the PS4 may never get the games you want. You honestly don't know. Also, who cares who's piece of plastic outsells another's piece of plastic? You don't work for Sony and I certainly don't work for Nintendo. Heck, I own a PS3 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I also have a beefy gaming rig in which I can play 3rd party games in 1080p/60fps or even 4k resolutions. Why care about how well the PS4 is selling or how poorly the Xbone is selling? Just play your games and be happy. 

(all this lines right here is of you now being theoretical; also, all of this is unfounded) 

4) Who cares?  (you seem to do very much, your entire last point was you subtly dissing the indies on the PS4) I certainly don't. Sony fans are the one's complaining about Sony focusing more on indie titles than AAA titles. I honestly think indies are the future of the industry and I definitely welcome the indie scene. 

PS:
a) I really dont care what the Xbox sales are...

b) On the other hand, I would like for Sony to do well, because I believe they need this more than anyone else. 

c) Also, which Sony fans are complaining? people keep throwing blanket statements around...idk. All Sony fans are disappointed now? Yet, the system is still selling like crazy...too much indies and one remaster and not too many exclusives in the FIRST YEAR of a console's life cycle. UNHEARD OF!!!

d) Also, how many exclusive does Exclusives Champion Microsoft have on the Xbox One? I mean they have only one remaster. so, how many RELEASED (keyword here) exclusives do they have now? I will wait.....

e) Also, is MS's "remaster" all of a sudden different from a regular remaster now? Please, do tell me the requirement for something to be classified as a remaster again. 

f) What makes you think all games are worth of a remasters? the Ps3 and Xbox one had tonnes of remasters and neither of them lacked for exclusives. you are projecting right now....

g) At the end of the day, if the ps4 is doing as badly as you say, Then, it shouldnt sell as well as it is doing now. Guess Sony got something right. So, calm down, because nobody was blaming you for being a plastic defender, and enjoy the ride. It should be a short one, the way i see it. 

I've noticed you've underlined and added comments to what I said. I'll address those and then I'll reply to the rest.

1) The key phrase you said was, "And it kept to that prediction." The phrase insinuates that TLoU:RE sold as well as you predicted it would. It wouldn't make much sense for you to talk about a prediction you had for the PS3 version if a) I've never heard of this prediction before speaking with you. b) You've added no further context. This is why I made the distinction between "will sell" and "would sell". There is a difference.

2) That is true. I never said the PS4 (keyword) "WAS" chalked full of remasters. You harp on me about my reading comprehension, but you clearly have trouble with what I'm telling you. Anyway, once again, I said, "Let's say TLoU sold well. Other companies will follow suit and then the PS4 _WILL_ be chalked full of remasters". See what I did there? I paraphrased it for you so you could understand. If English is not your first language, I certainly can understand. However, "will" and "was" have two different meanings.

3) It's certainly not unfounded. 5 minutes on N4G will prove this to be true. Anecdotal it may be, but unfounded? It definitely is not. The rest is simply my opinion - and it's my opinion versus yours. If you recall, you did say the typical PS4 owner knows there are exclusives coming. However, that would be your opinion, because you have no proof on what the "typical PS4" owner knows. This is just an assumption you created that you and I can both agree upon. Nothing wrong with that.

4) I haven't dissed a single indie. You're reading too far into what I'm saying. I told you that Sony fans appear to be upset with the influx of indies on their system because they were promised the next generation of graphics with 1080p and 60fps. This is what I said. 

a) Me either. Hey, that makes the two of us.

b) I don't care about Sony either, but I understand that competition needs to exist for the market to be fair to the consumer.

c) The system is doing very well. Unfortunately, software on the system is not. The PS4's attachment rates are very very low. It's highest selling game is COD at a little less than 2 and a half million sold.

d) Err... The Xbone has more exclusives than the PS4 right now, and has more on the way... But you knew this, right?

e) No. I'm not interested in getting into this debate (again). 

f) I never debated this.

g) No one said the PS4 was doing badly (outside of software sales). Also, I haven't defended a single piece of plastic while talking to you.

QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:

Yes, it is.

PS:
a) I really dont care what the Xbox sales are...

b) On the other hand, I would like for Sony to do well, because I believe they need this more than anyone else. 

c) Also, which Sony fans are complaining? people keep throwing blanket statements around...idk. All Sony fans are disappointed now? Yet, the system is still selling like crazy...too much indies and one remaster and not too many exclusives in the FIRST YEAR of a console's life cycle. UNHEARD OF!!!

d) Also, how many exclusive does Exclusives Champion Microsoft have on the Xbox One? I mean they have only one remaster. so, how many RELEASED (keyword here) exclusives do they have now? I will wait.....

e) Also, is MS's "remaster" all of a sudden different from a regular remaster now? Please, do tell me the requirement for something to be classified as a remaster again. 

f) What makes you think all games are worth of a remasters? the Ps3 and Xbox one had tonnes of remasters and neither of them lacked for exclusives. you are projecting right now....

g) At the end of the day, if the ps4 is doing as badly as you say, Then, it shouldnt sell as well as it is doing now. Guess Sony got something right. So, calm down, because nobody was blaming you for being a plastic defender, and enjoy the ride. It should be a short one, the way i see it. 

I've noticed you've underlined and added comments to what I said. I'll address those and then I'll reply to the rest.

1) The key phrase you said was, "And it kept to that prediction." The phrase insinuates that TLoU:RE sold as well as you predicted it would. It wouldn't make much sense for you to talk about a prediction you had for the PS3 version if a) I've never heard of this prediction before speaking with you. b) You've added no further context. This is why I made the distinction between "will sell" and "would sell". There is a difference.

2) That is true. I never said the PS4 (keyword) "WAS" chalked full of remasters. You harp on me about my reading comprehension, but you clearly have trouble with what I'm telling you. Anyway, once again, I said, "Let's say TLoU sold well. Other companies will follow suit and then the PS4 _WILL_ be chalked full of remasters". See what I did there? I paraphrased it for you so you could understand. If English is not your first language, I certainly can understand. However, "will" and "was" have two different meanings.

3) It's certainly not unfounded. 5 minutes on N4G will prove this to be true. Anecdotal it may be, but unfounded? It definitely is not. The rest is simply my opinion - and it's my opinion versus yours. If you recall, you did say the typical PS4 owner knows there are exclusives coming. However, that would be your opinion, because you have no proof on what the "typical PS4" owner knows. This is just an assumption you created that you and I can both agree upon. Nothing wrong with that.

4) I haven't dissed a single indie. You're reading too far into what I'm saying. I told you that Sony fans appear to be upset with the influx of indies on their system because they were promised the next generation of graphics with 1080p and 60fps. This is what I said. 

a) Me either. Hey, that makes the two of us.

b) I don't care about Sony either, but I understand that competition needs to exist for the market to be fair to the consumer.

c) The system is doing very well. Unfortunately, software on the system is not. The PS4's attachment rates are very very low. It's highest selling game is COD at a little less than 2 and a half million sold.

d) Err... The Xbone has more exclusives than the PS4 right now, and has more on the way... But you knew this, right?

e) No. I'm not interested in getting into this debate (again). 

f) I never debated this.

g) No one said the PS4 was doing badly (outside of software sales). Also, I haven't defended a single piece of plastic while talking to you.

So much lies here., doing badly iin software??? Globally It has sold a LOT more software then the competition. Also, pleae show me this Attach rate from REAL numbers not Vg chartz and US only which are never accurate. this is a laughable arguemtn anyway easy to have a hogher attach rate when you are selling only half what your competitor is.

How does x1 have more excluvies now and moe coming??

Ps4 has:

Killzone

Infamous

MLB the show

FF14

TLOU Ramaster

Deep Down

Drive Club

LBP 3

Uncharted 4

The order

Bloodborne

Knack

Resogun

No mans Sky

Rime

No one goes to Rapture

Planetside 2

H1Z1

and on and on

It also has more indies and sony still has more studios to announce more games then MS. Full oif lies and BS.

I am waiting for your oficial sales number sin total software to show PS4 is doing "BADLY" in software sales, and a list of all x1 exclusives that show ms has a lot more exclusives and more coming.

You keep throwing these statement around that are not grounded in any sense of reality or fact.  Ps4 is way ahead of x1 in GAmes, Software and hardware sales, nothing else you say changes that.

lmao, every TLOU threads ends exactly the same

darkshadow23 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

The primary focus of those games are the multiplayer. That doesn't mean the single player is bad though. But more people that buy those games skip out on the single player and go straight to the multiplayer. I know I did on all of the CODs that I bought. I stopped playing COD campaigns after MW2.

You have no idea what you're talking about since 93% of people here have played Halo 4's campaign. Thats a vast majority of people.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Halo-4/achievements.htm?gamerid=436270

The primary focus is the single player. The multiplayer is what gives the game replay value.

Chevinator123 said:
lmao, every TLOU threads ends exactly the same

Butthurt nintendo fanboys like Quinton and butthurt xbots that's why.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags