By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us PS4 has already eclipsed its PS3 predecessor

QuintonMcLeod said:

2) What was recoded in TLoU:RE?

3) Lets not pretend they don't exist. If you tell me that majority of PS4 fans didn't buy a PS4 because they were led to believe the PS4 would have superior graphics and be "next-gen", then out conversation is pretty much over. Even I almost bought into the hype.

4) Since when have I complained about the lack of or emphasis on AAA games? Can you quote that complaint I made? I'd love to hear it. Also, as far as less and less AAA games being an advantage for Sony... How, exactly? Sony has also been laying off people and getting rid of studios. Could you go into a bit more detail on this, please?

5) But... You didn't counter a single point I made, and you're saying you already know who you're dealing with? Amazing....

As far as exclusives go... Sony will never get these PC exclusives:

Edit: Deleted epic list, don't do that again - STARCRAFT

still at it again?  oh well..

2.  ps3 architecture different from ps4.. its not just a simple port.  same thing they'll have to do with MCC.. coding is different for those respective systems.. these are games not meant to play on those systems, thus the reason they have to recode.  if you can't understand that, then there is no point in discussing this with you.

3.  pretend what exists?  the fact that Sony and ND specifically told who they were targeting.. how is that anti-consumerism?  the ps4 is next gen.. just like the x1.  you buy it because that's where the new games focus will be on.. who misled who?  most ps4 buyers bought it because out of next gen systems.. it was the better system at a better price.  don't know what koolaid you are drinking.

4.  you aren't complaining of indies, but you are using it to drive your argument.. sony fans says this and that.. the problem is, since when?  "PS4 owners wouldn't be too happy, just like they aren't too happy about the huge influx of indie titles on their system."  Says who?  you been throwing around this statement over and over again.. seems its more your perogative than it is "ps4 owners".  like i said.. i'm a ps4 owner.. since when did indies bother me?  As for less AAAs.. again,  let me know when this gen is done and how many AAAs are too few, in your opinion.  We're not even through the 1st year of this new gen console release and already you assume that there is less just because the competition has a title or 2 more currently, if that many?  well.. how did gen 7 play out for the ps3 vs x360 in exclusives?  even this gen, how will 2015 look on the ps4 vs x1?  2016?  2017?  so continue to cry wolf for no apparent reason.

5.  lol.. just like pc's will never get a playstation exclusive.. what's the point?  what games do pc gamers tend to envy?  those gems of AAA on consoles.. what AAA games do console gamers envy on pc?  let me know when there's something there..

again.. this is my last reply to you.  your argument is fluff with nothing substantial other than he says/she says/i say.  whatever dude.. peace out.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Haven't you people learned that?

QuintonMcLeod said:
overman1 said:D) name them...

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/ps4-vs-xbox-one/235126/ps4-vs-xbox-one-6-months-later

There's no need to name them. There's proof.

Now you only need to remove DR3 and Ryse and PvZ from that list. Oh and Titanfall also. Which means that of the games mentioned in the article none of them are exclusive anymore.

HyrulianScrolls said:
Honestly the fact that TLOU Remastered is selling so well just goes to show how horribly starved the PS4's library has been. I really don't understand the PS4's success to be honest. I mean it has such a lack of good exclusives that remasters of great PS3 exclusives are suddenly considered the big exclusives for it, but yet people are just so eager to shell out 400 bucks to get one. Imagine what would happen if it actually did have a worthwhile library...

I didn't buy TLOU:R because I was starved for games, but just to enjoy the definitive version of the game.

BillyBong said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

2) What was recoded in TLoU:RE?

3) Lets not pretend they don't exist. If you tell me that majority of PS4 fans didn't buy a PS4 because they were led to believe the PS4 would have superior graphics and be "next-gen", then out conversation is pretty much over. Even I almost bought into the hype.

4) Since when have I complained about the lack of or emphasis on AAA games? Can you quote that complaint I made? I'd love to hear it. Also, as far as less and less AAA games being an advantage for Sony... How, exactly? Sony has also been laying off people and getting rid of studios. Could you go into a bit more detail on this, please?

5) But... You didn't counter a single point I made, and you're saying you already know who you're dealing with? Amazing....

As far as exclusives go... Sony will never get these PC exclusives:

Edit: Deleted epic list, don't do that again - STARCRAFT

still at it again?  oh well..

2.  ps3 architecture different from ps4.. its not just a simple port.  same thing they'll have to do with MCC.. coding is different for those respective systems.. these are games not meant to play on those systems, thus the reason they have to recode.  if you can't understand that, then there is no point in discussing this with you.

3.  pretend what exists?  the fact that Sony and ND specifically told who they were targeting.. how is that anti-consumerism?  the ps4 is next gen.. just like the x1.  you buy it because that's where the new games focus will be on.. who misled who?  most ps4 buyers bought it because out of next gen systems.. it was the better system at a better price.  don't know what koolaid you are drinking.

4.  you aren't complaining of indies, but you are using it to drive your argument.. sony fans says this and that.. the problem is, since when?  "PS4 owners wouldn't be too happy, just like they aren't too happy about the huge influx of indie titles on their system."  Says who?  you been throwing around this statement over and over again.. seems its more your perogative than it is "ps4 owners".  like i said.. i'm a ps4 owner.. since when did indies bother me?  As for less AAAs.. again,  let me know when this gen is done and how many AAAs are too few, in your opinion.  We're not even through the 1st year of this new gen console release and already you assume that there is less just because the competition has a title or 2 more currently, if that many?  well.. how did gen 7 play out for the ps3 vs x360 in exclusives?  even this gen, how will 2015 look on the ps4 vs x1?  2016?  2017?  so continue to cry wolf for no apparent reason.

5.  lol.. just like pc's will never get a playstation exclusive.. what's the point?  what games do pc gamers tend to envy?  those gems of AAA on consoles.. what AAA games do console gamers envy on pc?  let me know when there's something there..

again.. this is my last reply to you.  your argument is fluff with nothing substantial other than he says/she says/i say.  whatever dude.. peace out.

2) Uhh...  No. Just like Zone of Enders was just a basic HD port. Same with Soul Caliber II HD. A port is a port. Doesn't matter what architecture the game is ported from.

3) My point is that people were under the misconception that the PS4 would bring about a generational leap in power. This is what Sony advertised. Gamers are not getting that.

4) http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/how-much-time-will-sony-give-to-indies-at-e3.454025195/

5) World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends, etc. I can go on and on and on and on.

Around the Network

Well this topic is massively derailed, perhaps better for someone to start a thread about the subjects they want to talk about rather than spend time polluting a thread about a single title.

Devil_Survivor said:
Wow that's pretty weak to brag about. It just seems ND wants to find anything justify this.

Or maybe they're just excited their game is doing so well?

HyrulianScrolls said:
Honestly the fact that TLOU Remastered is selling so well just goes to show how horribly starved the PS4's library has been. I really don't understand the PS4's success to be honest. I mean it has such a lack of good exclusives that remasters of great PS3 exclusives are suddenly considered the big exclusives for it, but yet people are just so eager to shell out 400 bucks to get one. Imagine what would happen if it actually did have a worthwhile library...

Same can be said for the XB1 wich has not had a noteable release since TF (exclusive anyway)... If we call the PS4 starved for games I am not sure there is a word to describe the worse situation on the XB1.  Though TLoU: Remasterd edition maybe benifiting somewhat I think the bigger reason is people buying a PS4 never got a chance to play it last gen. I had a PS3 since 4 months after launch and I never got around to getting it on that console, and I am sure I am not the only one not to mention all the people that have a PS4 this gen then skipped out on the PS3 last gen.

QuintonMcLeod said:

2) Uhh...  No. Just like Zone of Enders was just a basic HD port. Same with Soul Caliber II HD. A port is a port. Doesn't matter what architecture the game is ported from.

3) My point is that people were under the misconception that the PS4 would bring about a generational leap in power. This is what Sony advertised. Gamers are not getting that.

4) http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/how-much-time-will-sony-give-to-indies-at-e3.454025195/

5) World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends, etc. I can go on and on and on and on.

2. To port the game you have to recode it... Not all code has to be changed but it all won't work on a PS4. Point is that there is work they had to do with coding.

3. I disagree. They said 1080p 60fps and well... we got 1080p 60fps.

4. I don't see how some indie games is slowing down development of AAA games. The people that make AAA don't work on indies so how the hell is it affecting that at all? Doesn't make any sense.

5. I wouldn't say people want those games on their consoles. They wouldn't play well at all. Starcraft on consoles just wouldn't work. Everyone can run it on their PC anyways.

darkshadow23 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

2. To port the game you have to recode it... Not all code has to be changed but it all won't work on a PS4. Point is that there is work they had to do with coding.

3. I disagree. They said 1080p 60fps and well... we got 1080p 60fps.

4. I don't see how some indie games is slowing down development of AAA games. The people that make AAA don't work on indies so how the hell is it affecting that at all? Doesn't make any sense.

5. I wouldn't say people want those games on their consoles. They wouldn't play well at all. Starcraft on consoles just wouldn't work. Everyone can run it on their PC anyways.

Hard to join a conversation using the same logic as the previous person, yes?

2) That goes for any port.

3) No we didn't. Most games on the PS4 are either 790p, 800p or 900p.

4) No one said this. Pay attention.

5) That's your opinion. However, last I checked, Dota2 and LoL are the most popular esports games in the video game industry - both being PC exclusives.