By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us PS4 has already eclipsed its PS3 predecessor

QuintonMcLeod said:

2) Uhh...  No. Just like Zone of Enders was just a basic HD port. Same with Soul Caliber II HD. A port is a port. Doesn't matter what architecture the game is ported from.

3) My point is that people were under the misconception that the PS4 would bring about a generational leap in power. This is what Sony advertised. Gamers are not getting that.

4) http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/how-much-time-will-sony-give-to-indies-at-e3.454025195/

5) World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends, etc. I can go on and on and on and on.

2) Uhh...  No. Just like Zone of Enders was just a basic HD port. Same with Soul Caliber II HD. A port is a port. Doesn't matter what architecture the game is ported from.

3) My point is that people were under the misconception that the PS4 would bring about a generational leap in power. This is what Sony advertised. Gamers are not getting that.

4) http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/how-much-time-will-sony-give-to-indies-at-e3.454025195/

5) World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends, etc. I can go on and on and on and on.

- The Last of US: Remastered while technically a port was much more complex then actually just simply porting a game from one system to another...

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-last-of-it-naughty-dog-on-bringing-the-last-of-us-to-ps4/

- The only people under the misconception are idiots! Fact is we are not a year into this gen and it will take time like every generation before it... why people think this generation would be different is beyond me.

- Again only a small segment, I am happy to have this indie support! I mean when the XB360 had it, it was the greatest thing... now that they don't you get the who cares about indie support attitude. I have a PS4 and I say to the flood of indie's.. Flood away!!! More games for me to play while the XB1 users out there are starving for ANYTHING to play. We have had more true exclusives drop this year (games soley on console and not on the PC as well) and some fantastic multi platform games that we get the better versions of either in the looks depo or exclusive content. I love the Indie support. The last thing you should go on are people over at IGN, that thread hardly translates into what PS4 users think. One thread does not speak for everyone.

- I agree with you on this point. I mean if I was a PC only gamer I would be more pissed about missing the exclusives that will never see PC release like PS4 exclusives... Most of the XB1 exclusives I have interest in are either on PC or heading in that direction so I have absolutely no desire to get a XB1.  I have spoken to many console gamers and many would love to play Starcraft 2, WoW, Dota or League of legends (though one of the last two are rumored to be seeing console releases) However RTS games like Starcraft just suck if your not playing with keyboard and mouse.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
darkshadow23 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

2) Uhh...  No. Just like Zone of Enders was just a basic HD port. Same with Soul Caliber II HD. A port is a port. Doesn't matter what architecture the game is ported from.

4) http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/how-much-time-will-sony-give-to-indies-at-e3.454025195/

2. To port the game you have to recode it... Not all code has to be changed but it all won't work on a PS4. Point is that there is work they had to do with coding.

3. I disagree. They said 1080p 60fps and well... we got 1080p 60fps.

4. I don't see how some indie games is slowing down development of AAA games. The people that make AAA don't work on indies so how the hell is it affecting that at all? Doesn't make any sense.

5. I wouldn't say people want those games on their consoles. They wouldn't play well at all. Starcraft on consoles just wouldn't work. Everyone can run it on their PC anyways.

Hard to join a conversation using the same logic as the previous person, yes?

2) That goes for any port.

3) No we didn't. Most games on the PS4 are either 790p, 800p or 900p.

4) No one said this. Pay attention.

5) That's your opinion. However, last I checked, Dota2 and LoL are the most popular esports games in the video game industry - both being PC exclusives.

Now that is just a seriously blatant Lie...

How you can type that with a straight face is beyond me....

If you argued for lower frame rates on the PS4 then I might believe you and argue a bit, but to say MOST game are not even 1080p on the PS4 is you just purposely lie out you teeth.

Really cant take any of your posts seriously anymore. 

This is good. I hope they do more re-mastered versions of games for next gen.

I'm waiting for the Halo: MMC (with the anniversary/re-master of Halo 1 and 2) but I would love to see more of these. Like the Kotor I and II! Or Mass Effect, XCom... etc...

TLOU Multiplayer is definitely underrated. Is the multiplayer cross platform?

Tigerlure said:
TLOU Multiplayer is definitely underrated. Is the multiplayer cross platform?

It's not but I wish it were. My son has TLOU PS3 and always wants to play with me. He had a PS4 but since he never played it I got rid of it. The MP is awesome though. It was the thing I'd missed most about PS3. I hesitated to make the switch because I was stuck on TLOU MP PS3. As soon as TLOU was announced for PS4 I got a PS4 and sold my PS3. Those few months without it were tough but It's here now and I'm on it daily.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
daredevil.shark said:
Tlou multiplayer was boring. I played 300 hrs of uncharted 3. I didn't bothered to play tlou multilayer for 10 hr.

It's multiplayer was the best part of the game, though.

While it is not a polished as the story, with a group of friends w/ headsets it is more fun. That said, I am glad I beat the story 2 times before going into multiplayer.... I might have never finished the story had I gone into multi 1st.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

QuintonMcLeod said:

2.  potatoes... tomatoes.. whatever.. no need to explain.

3.  there was no misconception.. there is a leap between ps3 vs ps4.. and once the focus is on nothing but new gen, it'll be even more noticable.. stop grasping straws.. if ps4 isn't next gen.. what is x1?  wiiu?  derp derp derp..

4.  lol.. so to claim your point of ps4 gamers disappointed with the influx of indies and less emphasis on AAAs, you link to a 2 page thread with some 15 posters and assume that's the voice of the majority of ps4 gamers?  derp derp derp..

5.  again.. you didn't answer jack about what pc games console players would envy on their system. and again.. RTS, MOBAs, MMOs.. exactly what caters to mostly PC players... games which most would prefer to play on PC with a mouse/KB.  and again.. when will you ever see any playstation exclusive make their way to PC?  i'll give you a hint.. NEVER.  anyone who wants to play a pc game will play on pc.. anyone who wants to play a AAA playstation exclusive can only play it on playstation, likewise with the x1.  so how's GTA5 working out on your pc?  oh.. right.. still waiting.

NEXT!

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

QuintonMcLeod said:

5) That's your opinion. However, last I checked, Dota2 and LoL are the most popular esports games in the video game industry - both being PC exclusives.

here's a quote I posted in a thread back in July..

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

other than a few games (WD, UFC, & BF) everything on ps4 is basically 1080p/60/30.  Whereas WD is 900p/30fps for ps4.. it's 720p/30fps on x1.  BF is 900p/60fps on ps4 and 720p/60fps on x1. 

As for current & upcoming titles:

Ps4 currently has 31 titles targeted at/or @ 1080p/60fps and 10 titles @ 1080p/30fps.

x1 currently has 12 titles targeted at/or @ 1080/60fps, 7 titles @ 1080/30fps, and 16 titles equal or less than 900p/60/30...

so yea.. you can say the ps4 has more/will have more of the 1080p/60 experience... at least 70% of the games are @ 1080p/60.  x1 is @ 31%.  93% of ps4 games are @ 1080p/60/30.  x1 is @ 50%

ps4 1080p/60/30 experience > x1 1080p/60/30 experience..

93% of games on ps4 is 1080p.. now i definitely know what you are..

BillyBong said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

here's a quote I posted in a thread back in July..

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

other than a few games (WD, UFC, & BF) everything on ps4 is basically 1080p/60/30.  Whereas WD is 900p/30fps for ps4.. it's 720p/30fps on x1.  BF is 900p/60fps on ps4 and 720p/60fps on x1. 

As for current & upcoming titles:

Ps4 currently has 31 titles targeted at/or @ 1080p/60fps and 10 titles @ 1080p/30fps.

x1 currently has 12 titles targeted at/or @ 1080/60fps, 7 titles @ 1080/30fps, and 16 titles equal or less than 900p/60/30...

so yea.. you can say the ps4 has more/will have more of the 1080p/60 experience... at least 70% of the games are @ 1080p/60.  x1 is @ 31%.  93% of ps4 games are @ 1080p/60/30.  x1 is @ 50%

ps4 1080p/60/30 experience > x1 1080p/60/30 experience..

93% of games on ps4 is 1080p.. now i definitely know what you are..

The problem with your list is that:

1) A lot of those games haven't come out yet and are "projected" to be 60 fps. That could mean anything, really.

2) There are a few indie titles in there (including one that's on the Wii U - yet its marked exclusive even though it was on the Wii U first... Odd)

3) Many of those games run "up to" 60 fps. For example, Murdered: Soul Suspect runs up to 60, but often times drops to 30 fps (especially in cut scenes). Another example is Killzone, which was found out to not run at 1080p at all. And yet another example with Tomb Raider. Look. Unlocked FPS doesn't automatically mean 60 fps. And yet another example would be Thief. That game dips to the single digits. The game is downright unplayable on the PS4. Heck, DigitalFoundry found the Xbone version to be superior because it has a smoother frame rate. Sacrificing resolution for frame rate is always a bad idea. A lot of PS4 games do that just to say they're 1080p. This isn't what next gen looks like.

Serious, if this is your idea of next-gen, then you'll be surprised once you start gaming on a PC. Heck, on my PC, Tomb Raider (with the fps unlocked) jumps up to to over 100 fps.

QuintonMcLeod said:

The problem with your list is that:

1) A lot of those games haven't come out yet and are "projected" to be 60 fps. That could mean anything, really.

2) There are a few indie titles in there (including one that's on the Wii U - yet its marked exclusive even though it was on the Wii U first... Odd)

3) Many of those games run "up to" 60 fps. For example, Murdered: Soul Suspect runs up to 60, but often times drops to 30 fps (especially in cut scenes). Another example is Killzone, which was found out to not run at 1080p at all. And yet another example with Tomb Raider. Look. Unlocked FPS doesn't automatically mean 60 fps. And yet another example would be Thief. That game dips to the single digits. The game is downright unplayable on the PS4. Heck, DigitalFoundry found the Xbone version to be superior because it has a smoother frame rate. Sacrificing resolution for frame rate is always a bad idea. A lot of PS4 games do that just to say they're 1080p. This isn't what next gen looks like.

Serious, if this is your idea of next-gen, then you'll be surprised once you start gaming on a PC. Heck, on my PC, Tomb Raider (with the fps unlocked) jumps up to to over 100 fps.

ok smartie.. let's see your list of 720-900p ps4 games that are out.. i betcha there's only you have 3....

seriously.. get a clue.  i have a pc too.. but guess what my pc can't do?  play playstation exclusives.. end story.