By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

estebxx said:
To recommend an anime do i just post it here? (and then it gets transitioned to the OP of anime recommendations?).

It would probably be easier to just PM me the recommendation directly, and then I'll post it

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
estebxx said:
To recommend an anime do i just post it here? (and then it gets transitioned to the OP of anime recommendations?).

It would probably be easier to just PM me the recommendation directly, and then I'll post it

OK thanks for the clarification.

Lafiel said:
vivster said:
Still not cought up last season. Still finishing the last few animes. Good thing I have vacation next week. That should give me the time to finish those and fully concentrate on this season, which really is by far better.

I disagree with that notion.

Tokyo Ghoul and SAO II started below mediocre, Tokyo ESP bad, Akame ga Kiru dropped hard after episode 1. Only Zankyou no Terror and Barakamon seem to be stand out anime.

Last season had the excellent Mushishi Zoku Shou and other great ones like NGNL, Sidonia no Kishi S1, Ping Pong and Isshukan Friends while shows like Rettousei and Haikyuu!! are still running.

I think we need to give the current season more time before making an assessment either way. I absolutely loved NGNL and Sidonia no Kishi, but I also love Zankyou no Terror and Aldnoah.Zero this season. Majimori Rurumo and Barakamon are also very promising, and Tokyo Ghoul has 20 more episodes, and will most likely get much better.

But like I said, we probably won't be able to tell one way or another til the very end. This season could end up being a dud, or could be the second coming

estebxx said:
VanceIX said:
estebxx said:

OK thanks for the clarification.

No problem, I'll get it posted as soon as I get home on my PC!

SnakeDrake said:

Where's the badassery in this thread?

also

this thread needs more Jojo

Around the Network

been slacking when it comes to this season i have only seen episode 1 of a few series being Akame Ga Kill, Tokyo Ghouls, Persona 4 Golden, Ao Haru Ride, and SAO 2 and the election arc in Hunter x Hunter 2011. the only Anime i am caught up to at the moment is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 Stardust Crusaders.

VanceIX said:
Lafiel said:
vivster said:
Still not cought up last season. Still finishing the last few animes. Good thing I have vacation next week. That should give me the time to finish those and fully concentrate on this season, which really is by far better.

Tokyo Ghoul and SAO II started below mediocre, Tokyo ESP bad, Akame ga Kiru dropped hard after episode 1. Only Zankyou no Terror and Barakamon seem to be stand out anime.

Last season had the excellent Mushishi Zoku Shou and other great ones like NGNL, Sidonia no Kishi S1, Ping Pong and Isshukan Friends while shows like Rettousei and Haikyuu!! are still running.

I think we need to give the current season more time before making an assessment either way. I absolutely loved NGNL and Sidonia no Kishi, but I also love Zankyou no Terror and Aldnoah.Zero this season. Majimori Rurumo and Barakamon are also very promising, and Tokyo Ghoul has 20 more episodes, and will most likely get much better.

But like I said, we probably won't be able to tell one way or another til the very end. This season could end up being a dud, or could be the second coming

forgot about Aldnoah - haven't started that one yet

yea, it's my intention to give these shows a fair chance, but from my experience most start out strong and become unremarkable quickly (like Akame)

what I wanted to say is, that in my opinion there were more great shows last season than there are promising ones this season

Lafiel said:
vivster said:

Hm... looking back you might be right. So far it's a tie.

Last season we had:

Puchim@s
Kawaisou
Blade and Soul
Mahouka
Love Live 2
Isshuukan Friends
Gaorare
Black Bullet
No Game, No Life
Guchuumon
Chaika

This season we have:

Sailor Moon
SAO 2

Akame ga Kill
Sabagebu
Space Dandy 2
Hanayamata
Yama no Susume
Zankyou no Terror
Rokujouma
Tokyo ESP
Upcoming Hanamonogatari 2

(though these don't even represent half of the animes I watched. Those are just the ones I enjoyed thoroughly)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Current favorite for the season has to be Aldnoah Zero. Gives me a great Code Geass, Death Note, No Game No Life vibe in which I'm always impressed with the clever solutions to problems and can't wait to see how tey get out of the next jam.

Also watching and enjoying Sagebu which is hilarious, Zankyou no Terror, Space Dandy 2 and Sword Art Online 2.

Tentatively watching Re: Hamatora, Tokyo ESP, Persona 4 Golden, and Akame Ga Kill but I may or may not drop them later on.

Being roped into watching Hanayamata, Bakumatsu Rock, Dramatical Murder but only enjoying the first.

Pretty fun season, but I always find something to enjoy each season even when others lament about how terrible everything looks.

edit: have a few series continuing as well.  Mostly just Hunter x Hunter and all the sports anime.

Lafiel said:
VanceIX said:

forgot about Aldnoah - haven't started that one yet

yea, it's my intention to give these shows a fair chance, but from my experience most start out strong and become unremarkable quickly (like Akame)

what I wanted to say is, that in my opinion there were more great shows last season than there are promising ones this season

Understandable, I know what you mean. I personally am not that interested in Akame ga Kill either. I do believe that Tokyo Ghoul will get much better though.

In the end, it's all subjective though, lol.