By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Torillian said:

Being roped into watching Hanayamata, Bakumatsu Rock, Dramatical Murder but only enjoying the first.

why would you do this to yourself?

Around the Network
vivster said:
MohammadBadir said:

I'm not a fan of the modern animes...

That's quite an ignorant thing to say. There have been as much great and crap anime produced since then as before. Saying things like that make you seem blinded by nostalgia and not really knowledgeable about recent Anime. It's not like they changed the genres since then.

I've seen my fair share of both older and newer Animes and I can say that not much has changed. Sounds to me like you are comparing great old animes against new shit animes which isn't fair at all.

edited because someone could take this as an insult

My point is that not being a fan of modern animes seems to be a gross overgeneralization.

Well of course I like some of them! But I guess I should have worded things better. I'm more of a fan of the classic anime, that any better? ^^

Lafiel said:
Torillian said:

Being roped into watching Hanayamata, Bakumatsu Rock, Dramatical Murder but only enjoying the first.

why would you do this to yourself?

Sorry I forgot to finish that thought "Being roped into watching by my girlfriend".  Last part is the killer really, she finds them both funny while I get bored of them easily.  

SnakeDrake said:

Where's the badassery in this thread?

JOJO'S IS SO MANLY

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

MohammadBadir said:

Well of course I like some of them! But I guess I should have worded things better. I'm more of a fan of the classic anime, that any better? ^^

Hm... I can only explain this to myself by having watched more classic anime than modern ones. I mean there are as many jewels per season as there were in the olden times.

Though to be fair, 23 of my 38 top rated animes are from before 2010. So there have indeed been a lot good animes in the olden times.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
animegaming said:

this thread needs more Jojo

Yes, I still have Jojo's 1 ending theme on my vita music list. Its really cool.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

So...much...Anime! How do you guys keep up with all this? There are like 4 whole shows on the list that I want to see, not to mention more stuff that aired earlier in the year, and the newest thing I've seen is Attack on Titan. It helps that I usually wait for the dub, but I keep falling further behind anyway.

Also, Vance's description of FMA:B is almost exactly how I'd describe the first FMA, heh.

Akiran said:
SnakeDrake said:

Where's the badassery in this thread?

JOJO'S IS SO MANLY

Them manly poses 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
animegaming said:

this thread needs more Jojo

Yes, I still have Jojo's 1 ending theme on my vita music list. Its really cool.

i like walking like an egyptian but roundabount is better 

Trunkin said:
So...much...Anime! How do you guys keep up with all this? There are like 4 whole shows on the list that I want to see, not to mention more stuff that aired earlier in the year, and the newest thing I've seen is Attack on Titan. It helps that I usually wait for the dub, but I keep falling further behind anyway.

Also, Vance's description of FMA:B is almost exactly how I'd describe the first FMA, heh.

Simple answer. We don't. I'm not at least. Following more than 20 Animes every season is hard work. You have to be diligent.

Still catching up on last season because I had a brief moment of gaming in between :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.