By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

VanceIX said:
MohammadBadir said:
So far, most people don't have the same taste as me T-T

What kind of anime do you like?

I'm a fan of the classics, or atleast the 2005ish era ^^

Around the Network

i used to watch a lot of animes when they aired but i think i stooped arround the time Shingeki no Kiojin ended, now i only watch animes that have ended and i can go through the whole series in a week or two (average 2 or 3 chapter per day at night)

Currently watching Black Bullet and after that im gonna watch the Kara no Kyoukai movies.

MohammadBadir said:
VanceIX said:
MohammadBadir said:

Well nobody is talking about them because 2005 Animes have not been produced in like 10 years :P

Also why talk about classics when there have been so many other great animes in the last decade.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

MohammadBadir said:

I'm kinda in the same boat.. I'm a fan of the Anime series from the 90s and early 2000s like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho ( my personal favorite), Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bepop and all sorts of other awesome Anime series which sadly stop being aired here in Romania a few years ago..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

vivster said:
MohammadBadir said:
VanceIX said:
MohammadBadir said:

Well nobody is talking about them because 2005 Animes have not been produced in like 10 years :P

Also why talk about classics when there have been so many other great animes in the last decade.

I'm not a fan of the modern animes...

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
vivster said:
MohammadBadir said:

What? NONE of them? But there's so many to choose from!

AZWification said:
MohammadBadir said:

I'm kinda in the same boat.. I'm a fan of the Anime series from the 90s and early 2000s like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho ( my personal favorite), Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bepop and all sorts of other awesome Anime series which sadly stop being aired here in Romania a few years ago..

There are some great anime reminiscent of the old days. Zankyou no Tokyo in particular is very good. It's directed by the same man who directed Cowboy Bebop.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

MohammadBadir said:

That's quite an ignorant thing to say. There have been as much great and crap anime produced since then as before. Saying things like that make you seem blinded by nostalgia and not really knowledgeable about recent Anime. It's not like they changed the genres since then.

I've seen my fair share of both older and newer Animes and I can say that not much has changed. Sounds to me like you are comparing great old animes against new shit animes which isn't fair at all.

edited because someone could take this as an insult

My point is that not being a fan of modern animes seems to be a gross overgeneralization.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

To recommend an anime do i just post it here? (and then it gets transitioned to the OP of anime recommendations?).

vivster said:
Still not cought up last season. Still finishing the last few animes. Good thing I have vacation next week. That should give me the time to finish those and fully concentrate on this season, which really is by far better.

I disagree with that notion.

Tokyo Ghoul and SAO II started below mediocre, Tokyo ESP bad, Akame ga Kiru dropped hard after episode 1. Only Zankyou no Terror and Barakamon seem to be stand out anime.

Last season had the excellent Mushishi Zoku Shou and other great ones like NGNL, Sidonia no Kishi S1, Ping Pong and Isshukan Friends while shows like Rettousei and Haikyuu!! are still running.