By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

VanceIX said:
Added a poll for favorite anime of this season.

I'm personally loving Aldnoah.Zero and Tokyo Ghoul. Zankyou no Terror is a potential masterpiece as well. Majimori Rurumo has been great as well.

Not enjoying Rail Wars or Rokujouma nearly as much as I thought I would, though.

seems like a lesser version of "Shiki" to me after the first 3 episodes, but maybe it'll pick it

Around the Network

Where's the badassery in this thread?

also

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Lafiel said:
VanceIX said:
Added a poll for favorite anime of this season.

I'm personally loving Aldnoah.Zero and Tokyo Ghoul. Zankyou no Terror is a potential masterpiece as well. Majimori Rurumo has been great as well.

Not enjoying Rail Wars or Rokujouma nearly as much as I thought I would, though.

seems like a lesser version of "Shiki" to me after the first 3 episodes, but maybe it'll pick it

I dunno, I personally love the art style and premise. It's not as good as the manga, but still really nice. 

Plus Unravel is my favorite OP of the season

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

What about this one? I really like the composition of it and it has lots of badassery in it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Also don't forget this epic OP

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
VanceIX said:

What about this one? I really like the composition of it and it has lots of badassery in it.

Definitely top 5, love the beat and tempo. I still can't get over just how epic the OP for Tokyo Ghoul is though. The animation in it is simply beautiful and matches the song so well. It's just in a whole nother class for me.

VanceIX said:
mtachi said:
VanceIX said:

I've heard a lot of good things about Barakamon. Probably going to start it soon.

I agree about Zankyou no Terror. It's so chilling and well done. Easily the early top candidate for best anime of the season.

It's really fantastic. Overall, I'm liking the Summer 2014 season much more than the Spring 2014 shows. Out of them, I only watched Isshuukan Friends right through. I'm still planning on completing Black Bullet, but I dropped a LOT of shows last season.

Black Bullet was amazing. You should also try No Game No Life, it was very enjoyable as well. I agree though, this season is significantly stronger than last.

Started No Game No Life, but found that after the first two episodes I just had no desire to keep going with it. I also dropped Hitsugi no Chaika and M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane, and have Gokukoku no Brynhildr on hold until I get a moment.

mtachi said:
VanceIX said:

Black Bullet was amazing. You should also try No Game No Life, it was very enjoyable as well. I agree though, this season is significantly stronger than last.

Started No Game No Life, but found that after the first two episodes I just had no desire to keep going with it. I also dropped Hitsugi no Chaika and M3 Sono Kuroki Hagane, and have Gokukoku no Brynhildr on hold until I get a moment.

Gotcha. You should still try a little bit more NGNL though, it get MUCH better as the season goes on.

VanceIX said:
mtachi said:
VanceIX said:

Gotcha. You should still try a little bit more NGNL though, it get MUCH better as the season goes on.

Think I might have to go back to it, as was impressed by others' reactions to it. Will finish of Black Bullet first then might check it out again.

Still not cought up last season. Still finishing the last few animes. Good thing I have vacation next week. That should give me the time to finish those and fully concentrate on this season, which really is by far better.