By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc Ep 12, was hype, can't wait for the finale on Thursday

Miratai staph, also Junko on the theater was lollz.

Togami senpai is back yo!

MAH BOI HINATA IS GONNA WRECK SOME SHIT NEXT EP!

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc Ep 12, was hype, can't wait for the finale on Thursday

Miratai staph, also Junko on the theater was lollz.

Togami senpai is back yo!

MAH BOI HINATA IS GONNA WRECK SOME SHIT NEXT EP!

You forgot the real hero....

Hagakure is back too to save the day! :D

Cant' wait for the Hope finale either, I hope it will be long enough to cover everything.

Hope obviously means we'll learn that nobody's actually dead, right?...

Faelco said:

Cant' wait for the Hope finale either, I hope it will be long enough to cover everything.

Hinata revives them all with his super saiyan powers, smacks Miratai, and he takes the boat back with Chiaki for a honeymoon on Jabberwock Island. The End.

Oh and Munakata has a threesome with Chisa and Sakakura.

ARamdomGamer said:
Faelco said:

Hinata revives them all with his super saiyan powers, smacks Miratai, and he takes the boat back with Chiaki for a honeymoon on Jabberwock Island. The End.

Oh and Munakata has a threesome with Chisa and Sakakura.

A perfect and beautiful ending :')

You should be a writer for the series!

Pic of the Day

Topic! What show do you think had potential, but seemed to lose focus somewhere and ended up dissapointing you?

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

Topic! What show do you think had potential, but seemed to lose focus somewhere and ended up dissapointing you?

In recent memory, I think Rakudai Kishi no Calvary fit that bill. It was about a kid in one of those ubiquitous magic academies, only he couldn't use magic, just a magic sword. Err..wait, maybe I'm forgetting how it went. Somehow he was called a weakling by everyone, but he won like every fight we saw him in. Yeah...I know.

Anyways...the basic plot is that he meets a girl who is supposed to be his polar opposite and they end having to live together, fight together, and eventually they get together, all the while he works to not be the "Worst One". Looking back, the warning signs were all there, but I was won over by hopes of an interesting romance, and potential character development. Unfortunately, I got none of that. The interesting romance dynamic didn't really matter, since the girl fell in love with the MC after one episode, and the main character's development was basically continuing to win all his fights, which, were mostly throw-away fights he won easily...making you wonder why anyone considered him a weakling in the first place.

Honestly, that was the biggest annoyance I had with the anime. Despite the main character's status, I don't recall if we ever saw the MC lose outside of flashbacks, and therefore his struggles seemed to be largely resolved before the anime even began. If you're calling a show something like "Tales of the Worst One"...why is it so hard to let that character lose every once in a while? Sometimes I feel like Japanese manga/light novel authors have some collective inferiority complex that prevents them from ever letting their main characters lose. It exists in western media too, of course, but it's something that just annoys me in general. If you want me to like your character, make them at least somewhat relatable.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched...but boy did it have problems.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

In recent memory, I think Rakudai Kishi no Calvary fit that bill. It was about a kid in one of those ubiquitous magic academies, only he couldn't use magic, just a magic sword. Err..wait, maybe I'm forgetting how it went. Somehow he was called a weakling by everyone, but he won like every fight we saw him in. Yeah...I know.

Anyways...the basic plot is that he meets a girl who is supposed to be his polar opposite and they end having to live together, fight together, and eventually they get together, all the while he works to not be the "Worst One". Looking back, the warning signs were all there, but I was won over by hopes of an interesting romance, and potential character development. Unfortunately, I got none of that. The interesting romance dynamic didn't really matter, since the girl fell in love with the MC after one episode, and the main character's development was basically continuing to win all his fights, which, were mostly throw-away fights he won easily...making you wonder why anyone considered him a weakling in the first place.

Honestly, that was the biggest annoyance I had with the anime. Despite the main character's status, I don't recall if we ever saw the MC lose outside of flashbacks, and therefore his struggles seemed to be largely resolved before the anime even began. If you're calling a show something like "Tales of the Worst One"...why is it so hard to let that character lose every once in a while? Sometimes I feel like Japanese manga/light novel authors have some collective inferiority complex that prevents them from ever letting their main characters lose. It exists in western media too, of course, but it's something that just annoys me in general. If you want me to like your character, make them at least somewhat relatable.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched...but boy did it have problems.

The problem is that the anime adaptation only covered 3 volumes of the light novel series. Also, Silver Link modified some of the material sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It definitely gets better, in my opinion, starting Volume 4. That's where you actually do see the MC gets his ass handed to him.

I personally enjoyed Rakudai mainly because when I watched it, I was so sick and tired of the magic/battle academy harem genre at the time. At the end of it, I was rather surprised that not only did the MC and love interest hooked up before the halfway point, but they get engaged at the end and there's no harem.

Aura7541 said:

The problem is that the anime adaptation only covered 3 volumes of the light novel series. Also, Silver Link modified some of the material sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It definitely gets better, in my opinion, starting Volume 4. That's where you actually do see the MC gets his ass handed to him.

I personally enjoyed Rakudai mainly because when I watched it, I was so sick and tired of the magic/battle academy harem genre at the time. At the end of it, I was rather surprised that not only did the MC and love interest hooked up before the halfway point, but they get engaged at the end and there's no harem.

That's fair...it does do some things differently. My main issue with the romance is that it felt so rushed. First episode the main girl was an awesome strong heroine that clashed with the MC...then one episode later she's ready to get into the shower with him. I do appreciate that they didn't pussyfoot around their feelings, I just wish there some more active development. 

That's reassuring to know the MC gets a vulnerable moment later...just seemed odd that it takes so long to get there, given what the show is supposed to be about.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Damn, I didn't get to work on my queue the past days. I still have around 20 eps that I have to get rid of until Saturday. Maybe I'll have to drop Zestiria.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I used to call Kampfer "Wasted Potential Simulator 2011"...