By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

vivster said:
AsGryffynn said:
Odds are yaoi will be drowned by yuri and otome media...

Good.

Totally not good. Quality content should be never drowned in mediocrity.

Around the Network
vivster said:
AsGryffynn said:

Good.

Not good. It would only be good if all three were being drowned out by generic harems.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

With next season really kicking off in about a week and a half, I guess it's time to figure out what I'll be watching:

Bungou Stray Dogs (2nd cour)
Drifters
Haikyuu S3 (YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH)
Trickster
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Days (leftover)

And I'll probably at least try a few other things because there is a lot coming next season that at least has a half decent synopsis. Keijo is sure to be absolutely awful, but I may let it fill the part of me still waiting for a new season of High School DxD and needs that ecchi fix without it being basically softcore hentai like a certain anime from this last season.

For next season, what I'm watching for sure is:

ClassicaLoid

Hibike! Euphonium S2 (Hope they don't fuck it up with my KumiRei ship)

Keijo

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara S2

Shuumatsu no Izetta

Besides those, whatever random thing that catches my eye on Crunchyroll.

Allright guys new OP done for the new season. Here it is.

Welcome to the Anime Thread!!!

Firstly, remember to respect others opinions!

No Nsfw content here! keep it clean. For Nsfw content visit the Nsfw thread.

Do not ask for or post links to anime hosting websites, linking to such websites is against the forumn rules!

For manga related content please visit our sister thread found here. 

Check out a few of my personal picks for what i think might be interesting this season. I focused on brand new shows and left out sequels.

If you wish to view the full Fall 2016 lineup, head here.

Credit to Myanimelist for the seasonal information.

Keijo

Studio: Xebec

Director:  Takahashi, Hideya (worked on Motto To love-ru)

Synopsis:

Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?

Genre: Ecchi, Shounen, Sports

More info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32686/Keijo

3-Gatsu No Lion

Studio: SHAFT

Director: Shinbou, Akiyuki (worked on the Monogatari series, Dance in the Vampire Bund)

Synopsis:
Rei Kiriyama is a 17-year-old boy who recently started living alone, financed by his salary as a professional Shogi player. Despite his independence, however, he's yet to mature emotionally, and his problems continue to haunt him in his daily life. His relationship with his adoptive family is strained, and he has difficulties interacting with his fellow high school students. Meanwhile, his professional career has entered a slump. Burdened with the heavy expectations placed on him as the fifth to become pro in middle school, his wins and losses are fluctuating as his record and progression into the ranks begin to stagnate.

Acquainted with Rei are the three Kawamoto sisters: Akari, Hinata, and Momo. Unlike Rei, they live happily in their modest home, which they warmly welcome Rei into as if he were one of their own. Despite his reservations about becoming too close to the family, he frequently visits, interacting with them and receiving the kind of care and affection he never quite had while under his foster home.

This is the story of Rei's triumphs and failures, relationships new and old, and his growth as a person.

Genre: Drama, Game, Seinen, Slice of Life

More info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/31646/3-gatsu_no_Lion

Shuumatsu no Izetta

Studio: Aija-Do

Doesn't say Director

Synopsis:  

If I am promised to the princess, then I will fight for her sake.

In 1939 C.E., the imperialist nation of Germania invaded a neighboring country. All at once, that war spread throughout Europe, and the era was dragged into a spiral of a great war.

Then, in 1940, Germania's attack turned towards the Principality of Elystadt, a small Alps country abundant with beautiful water and greenery.

Genre: Action, Historical, Military

For more info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/33433/Shuumatsu_no_Izetta

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari

Studio: LIDENFILMS

Director: Ibata, Yoshihide(worked on Haikyuu)

Synopsis:

Souta Tawara is a web designer working in Tokyo. When he visits his family's Udon place in his hometown Kagawa Prefecture, he discovers a young boy. Upon confronting the boy, Souta soon learns his secret and decides to quit his job in order to take care of the boy, Poko. The daily adventures of the two slowly enfold as Poco energetically navigates his way through Kagawa, the "Udon Kingdom," along with Souta.

Genre: Fantasy, Seinen, Slice of Life

For more info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673/Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari

Studio: Lerche

Director: Hashimoto, Hiroyuki (worked on Angel Beats, Bakuman)

Synopsis:

The highly popular social network game "Magical Girl Raising Project" is a miraculous game that produces real Magical Girls with a chance of 1 in 10000 for each person. Girls who are lucky enough to gain the power of magic spend fulfilling days. But one day, the administration arbitrarily announces that "There are too many magical girls so they will be halved." The curtain will now be raised on the relentless and merciless survival game between 16 magical girls.

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, Thriller

For more info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/33003/Mahou_Shoujo_Ikusei_Keikaku

Girlish Number

Studio: Diomedea

Director: Ibata, Shouta (first work is this)

Synopsis:

The series follows Chitose Karasuma, a university student who aims to become a voice actress (seiyuu). The stage event listing further indicates that it focuses on the profession of idol seiyuu.

Genre: Slice of Life

For more info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32607/Giarlish_Number

Occult;Nine

Studio: A-1 Pictures

Director: Ishiguro, Kyohei (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)

Synopsis:
The "paranormal science" story follows nine idiosyncratic individuals, linked by the "Chōjō Kagaku Kirikiri Basara" occult summary blog run by 17-year-old second-year high school student Yūta Gamon. Little incongruities that occur around these nine eventually lead to a larger, unimaginable event that may alter what is considered common sense in this world.

Genre: Mystery, Sci-Fi

For more info: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32962/Occultic_Nine

If your favourite anime of the season doesnt appear here, dont worry about it, its nothing personal.

Please direct any poll ideas you have to me through PM and ill add them to the weekly poll queue.

Special thanks to all the members that keep this thread active.

Around the Network

OPM reference if that wasn't clear.  

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

You guys must really hate anime, watching so few animes in the blockbuster season of the year.

Here are the animes I will definitely watch and have a minimal drop chance:

Brave Witches
Bubuki Buranki
Flip Flappers
Girlish Number
Haikyuu
Hibike Euphonium
Keijo
Long Riders
WIXOSS
Takkyuu Musume
Show By Rock
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Shoushin Shoujo Matoi
Stella no Mahou
Vivid Strike
Working

Shorts:

Anitore XX
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara
Nobunaga no Shinobi
Okusama ga Seitokaichou
Teekyuu

Add to that about 10 other possible animes and we have ourselves a fucking crazy season.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
You guys must really hate anime, watching so few animes in the blockbuster season of the year

I`m surprised you don`t hate anime. You`d think with the amount you watch that you`d be fed up with it by now :o

There`s not even a single `definitely watch` for me. If I watch any this season it will probably just be whatever is on Netflix or something

Why though? There is something for everyone. This season we have not only one but TWO sports animes with girls. What more do you want?

I'm sure if you watch the first ep of each new anime you will find at least a couple of must watch animes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Why though? There is something for everyone. This season we have not only one but TWO sports animes with girls. What more do you want?

I'm sure if you watch the first ep of each new anime you will find at least a couple of must watch animes.

A lot, actually. Doesn`t help that I`ve never finished a single sports anime so far, they just don`t interest me that much

And just watching the first ep wouldn`t be enough for me. Thought Re Zero would be worth watching after the first ep but got bored and ended up dropping it part way through anyway. Plus the amount of time needed to watch the first ep of every single one... :O

Usually half of the episode is enough if you're an experienced watcher. Very few animes are the exception to this rule but you will hear about them in here anyway.

vivster said:
AsGryffynn said:

Good.

Wrong answer!

"People like Yona must die an slow death..." 

~X6-88

uran10 said:
vivster said:

Good.

Not good. It would only be good if all three were being drowned out by generic harems.

Perhaps... Or not... 

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I`m surprised you don`t hate anime. You`d think with the amount you watch that you`d be fed up with it by now :o

There`s not even a single `definitely watch` for me. If I watch any this season it will probably just be whatever is on Netflix or something

I am pretty sure I tried these a grand total of twenty one times in the past to no avail. Standard shounen fare or non edgy derp Seinen with low ecchi or moe dosage is near extinction as it is. No need to worsen problems.