By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Aeolus451 said:
AsGryffynn said:

I didn't. I just put those on my "comic book" bracket and usually don't bother with their animes... Medaka does fit it, but I wanted to make sure if that was the newest one before I tried it out... That's what I am trying to say! It's become less common to find tons of long runners in recent years. Series are leaning for shorter "seasons" over the 100+ episode arcs I favor... 

Thing is, I already did older, and Hunter x Hunter had a conception of their world that sort of warded me off... But I agree with the definition of shounen. Shounen means a lot of stuff, so I stick with the purist definition of "superhero fantasy manga with a teen protagonist". It's like comic books as "superhero stories" even though comic books are more than just Justice League and Spiderman... 

What didn't you like about Hunter X hunter or what warded you off from it, if you don't mind me prying?

Their world building... 

Ka-pi96 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Thing is, I already did older, and Hunter x Hunter had a conception of their world that sort of warded me off... But I agree with the definition of shounen. Shounen means a lot of stuff, so I stick with the purist definition of "superhero fantasy manga with a teen protagonist". It's like comic books as "superhero stories" even though comic books are more than just Justice League and Spiderman... 

If that's what you want maybe you should have just said that in the first place.

Besides, I don't see why you'd consider that a 'purist' definition. Surely a 'purist' definition should just be based on the actual meaning of the word, ie. young male.

Even purist has two definitions... The one that reads as "what the genre is aimed at" vs "what has historically encompassed most of the genre's content"... 

Shadow8 said:

AsGryffynn said:

I didn't. I just put those on my "comic book" bracket and usually don't bother with their animes... Medaka does fit it, but I wanted to make sure if that was the newest one before I tried it out... That's what I am trying to say! It's become less common to find tons of long runners in recent years. Series are leaning for shorter "seasons" over the 100+ episode arcs I favor... 

Ah ok my bad, it seemed like you weren't giving them a chance, which would be a shame since yuyu is great and jojo is amazing :P And well jojo is gonna be quite the long running shounen considering the manga is over 700 chapters and the anime only started in 2012, so it's gonna take some time to adapt all that Stand goodness.

So does the bolded mean you might read them, instead of watching the anime for both of them?

It means I am reading them! 

Also, where the hell is the Orichalcos?! 

Around the Network

The Homunculus is my pick.

This question might have been asked before but it seems to be to big of a question for a poll.

I wonder what people's favorite Seiyu and Voice Actors are?
For me:
Seiyu: Jun Fukuyama
Voice Actor: Crispin Freeman

Red Ribbon FTW!

Farsala said:
This question might have been asked before but it seems to be to big of a question for a poll.

I wonder what people's favorite Seiyu and Voice Actors are?
For me:
Seiyu: Jun Fukuyama
Voice Actor: Crispin Freeman

Seiyu: Hana Kana/ Yukari Tamura
Voice Actor: Todd Haberkorn

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

seiyu:Mitsuo Yamaguchi/Satsuki Yukino
voice actor: Sean Schemmel
actor de doblaje latino: Laura Torres

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Wow, latest episode of Luluco was hardcore.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I voted for the Espada. They might not be as 'evil' as some of the groups on the list (Team Rocket...*shivers*), but I found them to be all around interesting characters for the most part. Like most Bleach characters, they all had great designs, the majority of them had well-written backstories and motivations, and I found it interesting how each of them represented a different facet of death. In the case of a few of them (Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Starrk, and Harribel), I was rooting for them over the protagonist they were fighting.

Favorite Seiyu: Can't choose between Tomikazu Sugita, Mamoru Miyano, and Fumihiko Tachiki. Special mention to Koki Uchimiya too...he's impressed me with his range over the past few years.
English VA: Kevin Spacey was a great villain in Bug's Life

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Favorite seiyus...

Female would undoubtedly be Rie Kugimiya, the tsundere queen herself! Love it when she plays a loli tsundere or any other role.

Male would be Yuki Kaji, he has been everywhere since Guilty Crown! He can pull off a serious role like Eren from AoT and a goofy role like Shuu from Nisekoi.

Edit: Oops forgot voice actors

Johhny Yong Bosch, he does great heroe voices and was a power ranger, so bonus!

And of course, the man himself, Sean Schemmel for obvious reasons.

Favorite Seiyuu of all time is Rieko Miura. She only had one major role in her career but that one was perfect.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.