By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2014 (Jul 21 - Jul 27) 

im not even sure any more if we see 1m ps4 end of 2014 in japan.
will destiny come out the same day in japan?

sony need an average of 15,9k ps4 every week for that goal

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
Handhelds are doing great out there, WiiU and PS4 are just struggling ! I don't think any can surpass 15M in there.
Is Yokai Watch finally gonna drop below 10k in 2014 ?!!

15 million will sell PS4+Wii U in Japan... and Maybe, not of course.

lmao PS4 won't even be close to selling 15M units in Japan, neither will Wii U.

Combined they may be close though.

Go Mario Kart 8, dem leggies!

AZWification said:

WiiU numbers are still pretty lackluster even after the bundle boost.. As far as PS4 numbers are concerned? Just sigh........ :-/

What bundle do u speak of precious?

Japan won't care much about Destiny. It's a different market out there and portables are the thing. Look at Watchdog numbers in Japan. Western markets seem to care more about action/military based games and quality and depth seem to matter more in Japan. I was playing Chrono Trigger yesterday and remarked about the quality and thought could Watchdogs or Last of Us have ever been made in those days if so would it ever sold well as a 16 bit game. The graphics seem to drive those games. Not that the story isn't there it's just not as awesome without the graphical flair. Handhelds especially the 3DS have to have great depth because of the lack of graphical power. 

Around the Network

The PS4 really needs lots of games that cater to the Japanese audience. Showering a bunch of western games won't help and I don't think Destiny will help the PS4 enough to get out of the slump it's currently in.

mii-gamer said:
AZWification said:

WiiU numbers are still pretty lackluster even after the bundle boost.. As far as PS4 numbers are concerned? Just sigh........ :-/

What bundle do u speak of precious?

Doh! There is no bundle! My bad! >.>

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No spectacle this week that's for sure.

Thankfully Mario Kart 8 is doing an excellent job at showing the series' legs. Yoshi has a decent opening. Ps4 though... WiiU's low point was like an abysmal 3k last year, will the PS4 get that low?

AZWification said:

Doh! There is no bundle! My bad! >.>

:(

Anyway the ps4 is going to find it difficult to outsell the Wii U in japan if this trend continues for an extensive period

Starting to understand why Sony delayed the Japanese launch. They don't have enough content for it over there.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine