By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

Isnt it time for Yoshida to say something about this...?

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
BillyBong said:
cpg716 said:

If you don't think PS Now is the way SONY is heading.. then you aren't paying attention.  It is very much likely that the PlayStation 5 will be just a PS Now device. We could even see this happen later in the PS4's lifecycle. Where new titles for PS4 are released on PS Now. 

Subcribtion models are the way all media/entertainment is heading.. First movies and music..  then games..

I understand the implications of PSNow.. no different from X1 and it's whole cloud console fiasco.. that's besides the point.

but you do realize what EA Access is doing and where that could lead to?  but go ahead and lap it up.. it's your choice, which is fine.  like i said.. short term wise, this could be fine.  long term.. it's basically the death of 2nd hand game retailers.. and now you're forced to either buy a game new or subscribe for an older title.  then when everything goes digital.. happy renting and owning nothing.

p.s.  subscription models are where all media/entertainment is heading.. but you don't own anything you subscribe to.. which means when your subscription ends.. so does all your media/entertainment.

How is that second hand game market going for PC? Oh wait.. You mean there are competing gaming digital distribution offerings that have tons of deals that save WAY more money then the console used game market??

Sorry.. The Used game markets helps NO ONE except for GameStop and those who sell used games..    If Ubisoft, Activision, and Indie developers have similar offers to EA Access.. the consumers could save money.. and the money goes BACK to the COMPANY that ACUTALLY MADE the game.. allowing for MORE game development..  

The USED gaming market actually HURTS the industry.. and only HELPS GameStop and the like..    Example..  Brand new game sells for $59.99..  Customer sells in a month..  GameStop gives him $25.. then sells it for $54.99.      Next customer buys that used game for $54.99 .. profit of $30 goes to GameStop.. NOTHING goes to the GAME MAKER.. who NOW lost a WHOLE sale of a new $59.99 game..    Just so the consumer saved $5...  the GAME developer got ZERO.

PS.. I would rather pay $9.99 a month and have access to thosands of movies.. or 30 million songs..  then have to buy a movie or CD.. that I may listen to or watch a few times.. and pay $9.99 for on CD.. or $14.99 for ONE movie..     sorry.. that wins every day for me..   and is MUCH more economical. 

Gamestop doesn't help? Sure...their credit for games sucks ass but they do help if you're low on cash towards buying a new game its another story (this is called a double edged sword). Say you're a twelve year old kid and your parents gave you Fourty dollars for Christmas and you really wanted a new game. If you have unwanted games you could accumilate the value of your credit on special days like 50% extra on trade ins and make good enough amount of money to still afford your used game. Again, this depends on the individuals level of value of such games that they are trading.

cpg716 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

110% EA publically denied it but I still don't believe them either. MS and EA have been in bed since last year.

Sony's plans for PS Now are just as much supporting this trend. They have already said PS Now will have PS4 games at some point. So it is NO different..

Also.. lets stop saying $5/month..  who wouldn't just pay the $30/year pricing.. which is then $2.50/month..    how do u not see value in $2.50/month.. for games that even at used prices RIGHT now.. would cost you over $75 dollars.. 

Sony's plans for PS Now are not set in stone. I don't even know if I want to use it until I see games I want. Secondly you get games individually. There will need to be tweaks in the model but Sony has a huge and beloved collection of games from previous gens that people would gladly pay for to stream if the price was right. You seem to forget that people were in love with the thought of PS Now until they saw the pricing model.

As for EA let them do whatever they want with MS. Keep them with MS. Thats what I say. LOL 

KLXVER said:

He certainly needs to, but it's not morning yet in Japan.

I expect his reply, and a retraction of that horrible PR statement. 

They should have just said: "We have considered the offer and decided it doesn't fit our corporate strategy" and left the gamers out of it.

Burek said:
KLXVER said:

He certainly needs to, but it's not morning yet in Japan.

I expect his reply, and a retraction of that horrible PR statement. 

They should have just said: "We have considered the offer and decided it doesn't fit our corporate strategy" and left the gamers out of it.

True. It did sound a bit harsh.lol

Around the Network

I see the usual suspects trying the stir things up. It's so damned childish.

I'm glad Sony didn't offer this service for PS4. No need to confuse what is already a great ecosystem.

The PS5 Exists. 

"Sony believes that EA Access for $30 per year is poor value, but $30 for 90 days of “Ben 10 Omniverse 2” is a bargain " lol

GribbleGrunger said:
I see the usual suspects trying the stir things up. It's so damned childish.

I'm glad Sony didn't offer this service for PS4. No need to confuse what is already a great ecosystem.

No negatives allowed because childish, sure. Even ps loyals said this is a great deal and don't understand Sony with their reaction. Sometimes it seems some aarelike Apple loyalists, only good things come from the favourite company and criticism is not welcome.

cpg716 said:

Sony's plans for PS Now are just as much supporting this trend. They have already said PS Now will have PS4 games at some point. So it is NO different..

Also.. lets stop saying $5/month..  who wouldn't just pay the $30/year pricing.. which is then $2.50/month..    how do u not see value in $2.50/month.. for games that even at used prices RIGHT now.. would cost you over $75 dollars.. 

This shoulda been /thread right here mods.

KLXVER said:

Go and ask him about it on Twitter!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---