By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 A Million Seller Already?! Has Over 132k In Digital Sales(US Alone), How Much Will It Sell Lifetime?

prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:
prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:

That's great and all and I love Pikmin 3 but, if it's free through promotion, it's not really a "sale"...right?

You are paying for it by buying MK8, so it is a sale. You need to "Purchase" a product to get the free one. I dont see the difference with this and bundling digital sales. Evn Nintendo includes LoZ WW HD free sales and its the same thing as this. (buy the wiiu limited edition, get a code for LoZ WW HD free)

I see, good point. Well, it's good news for me because I adore the Pikmin franchise. I hope it becomes a staple for Nintendo going forward.

Glad we finally agree on something :P

Me too. Pikmin was so memorable when it launched.

Pikmin 1: Start of the franchise and man oh man my 12 year old self did not kno wat i was getting into. This franchise was heart breaking and stressful. I F***ing Hate Pikmin dying, even if its 1. The time limit is rough on the first play through. Failed the first time with i think 24 parts, then I got Smart and completed 100% on Day 27!

Pikmin 2: Favorite of the trio. So much content, White Pikmin are my favorite. Loved the game, many many hours of play! 

Pikmin 3: Obviously the best, but didn't have that Extra content in the story as did Pikmin 2. Though The extra features (Battle mode/treasure collection/etc) is great! The Single player was awesome as well. 

Personally i want Pikmin 4 to have 2 player Co op and have all the pikmin together (all 7 and the new ones )

Around the Network

wow, pikmin 3 has the power to outsell all the previous.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

F.Scofield said:
wow, pikmin 3 has the power to outsell all the previous.

I think This holiday will show it passing Pikmin 2, Pikmin 1 might be a challenge!

tbone51 said:
prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:
prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:

That's great and all and I love Pikmin 3 but, if it's free through promotion, it's not really a "sale"...right?

You are paying for it by buying MK8, so it is a sale. You need to "Purchase" a product to get the free one. I dont see the difference with this and bundling digital sales. Evn Nintendo includes LoZ WW HD free sales and its the same thing as this. (buy the wiiu limited edition, get a code for LoZ WW HD free)

I see, good point. Well, it's good news for me because I adore the Pikmin franchise. I hope it becomes a staple for Nintendo going forward.

Glad we finally agree on something :P

Me too. Pikmin was so memorable when it launched.

Pikmin 1: Start of the franchise and man oh man my 12 year old self did not kno wat i was getting into. This franchise was heart breaking and stressful. I F***ing Hate Pikmin dying, even if its 1. The time limit is rough on the first play through. Failed the first time with i think 24 parts, then I got Smart and completed 100% on Day 27!

Pikmin 2: Favorite of the trio. So much content, White Pikmin are my favorite. Loved the game, many many hours of play! 

Pikmin 3: Obviously the best, but didn't have that Extra content in the story as did Pikmin 2. Though The extra features (Battle mode/treasure collection/etc) is great! The Single player was awesome as well. 

Personally i want Pikmin 4 to have 2 player Co op and have all the pikmin together (all 7 and the new ones )

I'm a tad bit older than you lol. I was 21 when I played the original on Gamecube, but none the less, it was instant love. I have always been drawn to space and anything that deal with it like E.T., The Explorers, Metroid, The Last Star Fighter, Star Man, Star Wars etc. So Pikmin turned out to be something right up my ally.

I sadly didn't get to try the second Pikmin because at the time, I didn't have the money but, I'll make sure to try it when I get the chance. I thought the third was awesome. Such a great atmosphere and the gamepad really added to the experience. I tried to play with the pro controller at first, thinking that...you know...It would be better? After like 5 days, and only one piece of fruit, I was like...f' it lol. 

prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:
prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:
prayformojo said:
tbone51 said:

I'm a tad bit older than you lol. I was 21 when I played the original on Gamecube, but none the less, it was instant love. I have always been drawn to space and anything that deal with it like E.T., The Explorers, Metroid, The Last Star Fighter, Star Man, Star Wars etc. So Pikmin turned out to be something right up my ally.

I sadly didn't get to try the second Pikmin because at the time, I didn't have the money but, I'll make sure to try it when I get the chance. I thought the third was awesome. Such a great atmosphere and the gamepad really added to the experience. I tried to play with the pro controller at first, thinking that...you know...It would be better? After like 5 days, and only one piece of fruit, I was like...f' it lol. 

Its better with a wii mote imo. The game is definitely fun, just pikmin 2 was a HUGE CHALLENGE. Dont miss out, tons of fun. In that game you go into caves (underground) and have to defeat each floor. Omg soooooo good!

Hurry and play :)

Around the Network

yes.... 2 mil LT... the game is really great!

i have got all DLCs, quite cool too

Switch!!!