By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Upcoming PS3 JRPGs For 2008

^ thanks for your help! OD sounds neat.

@ Fuzzy

Huh? WKS, Bumpy Trot, Eternal Sonata aren't SRPG. Last Remnant and Valkyria Chronicles are hardly your average SRPG.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Ari_Gold said:
outlawauron said:
@ Ari

While I agree the 360 has a better JRPGs than the ps3. But what JRPGs are coming out foe the 360 this year other than Tales of Vesperia?

I love LO as much as you do before ignore my question and cry fanboy.

Infinite Undiscovery

Last Remnant

Operation Darkness

Spectre Force 3

He was asking about future releases.

That was already released in Japan in 2006. Gamebrink gave it a 6.5/10

Is it getting a NA release, almost 2 years later?

The PS2 Spectral Force games never even made it to NA.

yes, they are coming to the US, read the news, do your research before posting 

I'd pick up Eternal Sonata, The Last Remnant, and...that's it for certain. I'm skeptical of WKS because I have a love/hate relationship with some Level 5 games (Rogue Galaxy), Valkyrie of the Battlefield isn't doing it for me (Valkyrie Profile 3 plz tri Ace) and NIS games are impossible to find here.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

outlawauron: Going by appearances, I havn't heard or seen much of them, so if I'm wrong, well, then 3/6 interest me? But, put the word strategy in front of anything (It's fine behind things, I.E. RTS) and the gameplay, no matter how different or combo based, or unique, and I struggle to enjoy it. Given the chance to try for free and I will, but previous experience has soured me.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

^ I understand. At least give em a chance if it has good reviews.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
Dallinor said:
Ari_Gold said:
outlawauron said:
@ Ari

While I agree the 360 has a better JRPGs than the ps3. But what JRPGs are coming out foe the 360 this year other than Tales of Vesperia?

I love LO as much as you do before ignore my question and cry fanboy.

Infinite Undiscovery

Last Remnant

Operation Darkness

Spectre Force 3

He was asking about future releases.

That was already released in Japan in 2006. Gamebrink gave it a 6.5/10

Is it getting a NA release, almost 2 years later?

The PS2 Spectral Force games never even made it to NA.

yes, they are coming to the US, read the news, do your research before posting 

Please make an effort to prove your point and post a link, rather then pointlessly accuse me of not researching.

After trawling around for some time I found that IGN have a NA release date set for march 25th.

Both consoles appear to have some good JRPG's set for 08'.

With he exception of White Knight Story, I have little interest any any of these games. I never thought I'd still be enjoying far superior RPG with superior selection on 360 in 2008. I thought a superior RPG selection would eventually cause me to pick up a PS3. At the rate Sony is going by the time I want a PS3, the next generation of consoles will be launching.

Loooking forward to each of the PS3 jrpg games that are coming out. I played the orginal Steambot Chronicles (aka Bumpy Trot) and I enjoyed it. However the games that I am most looking forward to Are White Knight Chronicles and Valkyrie of the Battlefield. Looks like I am going to spending 300 on games for the PS3 this Year.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

The Eternal Sonata port and VotB are must buys for me, and WKS will probably turn into a must buy once I find out more about it. :)