By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Upcoming PS3 JRPGs For 2008

Thanks goes to Akirashock from GT.

Disgaea 3
Publisher : Nippon Icchi
Release date: Released in Japan, (TBA) for USA and Europe

Valkyria of The Battlefield
Publisher:Sega
Release Date: Japan (April), USA and Europe (Autumn)

The Last Remnant

Publisher: Square Enix

Release Date: Japan (Spring), America and Europe (Spring)

Eternal Sonata

Publisher: Namco Bandai

Release Date: TBA (2008)

White Knight Chronicles

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Release Date: TBA (2008)

Bumpy Trot 2

Publisher: Irem

Release Date: Japan TBA (2008)

Around the Network

What about

Final Frikkin fantasy 13!!

Theres still hope for a 08 release

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Looks pretty awesome, thanks for sharing! :) Valkyrie of the Battlefield looks particularly kick ass in my opinion.

I just want to know what the heck "Bumpy Trot 2" is.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Wow, that's really bad, PS2 would of had 20 odd by now.

Disgaea 3 looks like a PS1 game, Eternal Sonata is a port and Bumpy Trot 2... well what can I say about that I've never heard of it.

I was hoping for a few surprises =(

Can someone tell me what Bumpy Trot is about?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
What about

Final Frikkin fantasy 13!!

Theres still hope for a 08 release

There is a very slim chance it will see a 08' release, so I left it out.

There are other Japanese RPG's such as 'Shin Megami Tensei' with tentative release dates for 08' but none have any screen shots yet.

Is all you have for White Knight Story concept art and images from E3 2006? If that's the case, I would be skeptical of that coming out in 2008...

Other than that, yeah, that's really not an impressive list. Eternal Sonata was a beautiful game but it really wasn't that good. I really don't know about the other games and I'm with everyone else: what the crap is Bumpy Trot 2?

The situation with rpgs on ps3 kinda troubles me. At the moment all we have is shitty EArms. Oh and Oblivion. And none of the upcoming even have a release date.

I'll be getting Last Remnant, Disgaea and WKC for sure.

Put away the hatorade, this isn't the PS2 situation, is it? Anyways, they all look pretty awesome.