By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Upcoming PS3 JRPGs For 2008

WKS looks VERY nice, Last Remnant to..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

& Sorry but Disgae 3 looks awful.....is this meant to sell PS3's in Japan??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ari_Gold said:
Kasz216 said:
wenlan said:
@ArtofAngels

If you are really into Disgaea, you will be too busy to care those little sprites look PS1. Besides, Nippon Ichi kept them like that on purpose.

Nippon Ichi claimed that you can have 400 million hours gameplay with that game.

That's the truth with every Nippon Ichi strategy game. I mean, the pure grinding you can do ..... its useless

FIXED

Oh come on.  You know you want to deal 999999 to Prinny God Ball with a Zombie puke attack!

Kasz216 said:
Ari_Gold said:
Kasz216 said:
wenlan said:
@ArtofAngels

If you are really into Disgaea, you will be too busy to care those little sprites look PS1. Besides, Nippon Ichi kept them like that on purpose.

Nippon Ichi claimed that you can have 400 million hours gameplay with that game.

That's the truth with every Nippon Ichi strategy game. I mean, the pure grinding you can do ..... its useless

FIXED

Oh come on. You know you want to deal 999999 to Prinny God Ball with a Zombie puke attack!

not really, i have a life you know

darthdevidem01 said:
& Sorry but Disgae 3 looks awful.....is this meant to sell PS3's in Japan??

It's one of those games that have a very small but rabid fanbase everywhere who's budget is made on vapors since it reuses a lot from it's ton of other games that are exactly the same.

It will sell PS3's in Japan and the US. Just not in a noticeable number because it's not going to sell that much. It already released in Japan to respectable numbers for a niche SRPG.

I may be wrong but i think it actually sells a little better in the US.

Edit: It's nearly at 80,000 in Japan.  Which ain't bad all things considered.  Started off with half the Sales Disgaea 2 debuted at.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
Kasz216 said:
Ari_Gold said:
Kasz216 said:
wenlan said:
@ArtofAngels

FIXED

Oh come on. You know you want to deal 999999 to Prinny God Ball with a Zombie puke attack!

not really, i have a life you know

Yeah, that's why i stopped halfway through a lot of them.  If they had a map where you can put two squads of your own team vs each other though... I may of put a lot more time into the game.

The list really isn't "bad" its just "bad" for a Sony console, who in the past, has relied on their JRPG lineup to dominate Japan.

Disgaea isn't a JRPG, btw, its a SRPG, which is more niche.

I agree that the PS2 still has better JRPG's coming out than the PS3, lol. Persona 3 PES, Baroque, awesome.

The real insult is, the Wii has an equal or better JRPG list this year, and the DS's JRPG list blows all of them out of the water.

This is, of course, assuming FFXIII isn't launched in 08, which it wont be, in english at least.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

This is, of course, assuming FFXIII isn't launched in 08, which it wont be, in english at least.

Call me pesimistic but I would say that FFXIII would bring down the quality of any JRPG list...

I've been meaning to make a "ps3 exclusives" thread that could be stickied at the top similar to the Wii game thread and the 360 recommendations thread.

I forgot about Bumnpy Trot 2, so that will be going on my list. ^^

I'm buying every single game on that list. I still think the 360 has better RPG's, though.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!