By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Upcoming PS3 JRPGs For 2008

akuma587 said:
I hadn't heard of Steambot Chronicles before.

I will definitely pick up:

Disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles
and The Last Remant

I will try out the demo for Eternal Sonata and see what I think.

Same here.  Those 4 are on my must buy list too. 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
TyePhoid_PAL said:
White Knight looks great. Is last remnant 360 also or not? Thanks.

Yeah, Last Remnant is on the 360 as well.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Eternal Sonata, White Knight and Bumpy Trot you will be mine.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Valyrie and White Knight actually excite me just as much as FFXIII! And that's quite something seeing as I've been playing and loving FF for 7-8 years!
White Knight could very well be the best PS3 game of 2008 across all genres if it turns out as well as it looks and sounds.

yeah white knight looks great and so does Valkyrie Chronicles (its US name)...I am interested in bumpy trot, looks interesting and different...

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
I just want to know what the heck "Bumpy Trot 2" is.
Bumpy Trot is known in america as "Steamboat Chronicles" the first game was released by ATLUS for PS2... you can find it on ebay for around 14 dollars... its a pretty good niche jrpg that tries something different. I think the chances of Bumpy Trot to reach the US are slim to none since the first one bombed in the US

"So currently that means EA do."

Thanks for ruining my day

Valkrie is all that really interests me. I've got like 3 Nippon Ichi SRPGs i stopped playing mid way through because of the grind fest.

Bumpy Trot might be good just for the weird truck mecha.

wenlan said:
@ArtofAngels

If you are really into Disgaea, you will be too busy to care those little sprites look PS1. Besides, Nippon Ichi kept them like that on purpose.

Nippon Ichi claimed that you can have 400 million hours gameplay with that game.

That's the truth with every Nippon Ichi strategy game.  I mean, the pure grinding you can do and the level of characters you can recruit... it's insane.

Not to mention slowed progression since you now have to promote up into higher classes. 

Kasz216 said:
wenlan said:
@ArtofAngels

If you are really into Disgaea, you will be too busy to care those little sprites look PS1. Besides, Nippon Ichi kept them like that on purpose.

Nippon Ichi claimed that you can have 400 million hours gameplay with that game.

That's the truth with every Nippon Ichi strategy game. I mean, the pure grinding you can do ..... its useless

FIXED