By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony ips for home consoles ps2 + ,TGS updated

Why isn't there any PS1 game? There must be a good reason, but I might've missed it.

Still, this list is why I don't regret moving from Nintendo to Sony by the late 90's.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Mr_No said:
Why isn't there any PS1 game? There must be a good reason, but I might've missed it.

Still, this list is why I don't regret moving from Nintendo to Sony by the late 90's.

I assume the lack of PS1 games is to make this a comparison with the Nintendo list using a similar timeframe.

If they used a 1994 timeframe for both companies, which list would have an increase of new franchises?

Mr_No said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Mr_No said:

I assume the lack of PS1 games is to make this a comparison with the Nintendo list using a similar timeframe.

If they used a 1994 timeframe for both companies, which list would have an increase of new franchises?

Both would, but Nintendo would probably have a bigger increase. They had a lot of new IP on the N64. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Mr_No said:

Ummmm, Nintendo maybe? I honestly don't know, can't remember many Sony 1st party games on PS1 though.

Gran Turismo, WipEout, Twisted Metal, Jumping Flash!, Warhawk, Wild Arms, PaRappa, MediEvil...

Mr_No said:

To Nintendo's list it would be added Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country ( it's part of the Dk franchise, but it's 100% different from the DK games from the 80s). Wave Race, Pokemon and probably a few others which I missed!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Mr_No said:

To Nintendo's list it would be added Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country ( it's part of the Dk franchise, but it's 100% different from the DK games from the 80s). Wave Race, Pokemon and probably a few others which I missed!

Yoshi, Mario Party, Mario Golf, and Paper Mario would be big ones. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

Oh, I left out the Mario spin-offs on purpose! Also, I'm pretty sure Yoshi also appeared in Yoshi's Cookie which came out in 1992/1993!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
VanceIX said:

Oh, I left out the Mario spin-offs on purpose! Also, I'm pretty sure Yoshi also appeared in Yoshi's Cookie which came out in 1992/1993!

Ah, gotcha. Didn't know about Yoshi's Cookie though, learn something new everyday!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

gooch_destroyer said:
Those saying that Sony who "buys" games. heh, they have to fund game development some how.

Well thats the thing, every company pays developers to make IPs for them. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

It just gets irratating when it's used as a negative point when attacking one company and is overlooked for another.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mr_No said:

gg tnx for the help.. ur totally right