By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One reaches 5 million! (VG Chartz)

GamechaserBE said:

I advise you to see what the consoles sell in July/august and you will find out it is the worst time of the year to sell consoles, the consoles already see a sales bump in september and October and a huge one in November/december...  The XBO will release in september in a lot of new countries, has a lot of third party support and has some decent exclusive games that will bump up the sales aswell. 

The only kind of games that move consoles are really hyped ones, and/or masterpieces. Everything else will mostly sell to the current user-base (Every Wii U game before 3D World, for example). The only game that really fits the bill is Destiny and the Masterchief Collection. I don't really see Destiny moving much consoles though, since the PS4 version gets more attention (Like Watch Dogs, for example. But of course Destiny will move more Xbox One's than Watch Dogs did).

As for the Masterchief Collection, I'm not sure. It could be anywhere between Mario Kart 8 level system-seller to something like Titanfall.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:
jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:
People are doubting if the one can get to 8 million by December? Wow.

They are AVERAGING about 60,000 consoles/week this year...and 23 weeks remain in the year, so about 1.38 million if they keep doing as they have.  Lets assume that they have a REALLY good December, and sell an additional 500,000 units...that still puts them under 7 million.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers DROP significantly between now and then, however.

They are going to sell more than 500,000 units in December. To suggest otherwise well...

I said an ADDITIONAL 500,000 units.  Apparently your reading comprehension skills are as poor as your math.  And if you think Halo MCC is going to sell more than 500,000 well....

My English and Maths are quite alright thank you very much. So you are saying the Xbox One will sell less than a million in December, right?

Not yet.

It's

4,904,595  (week ending 12 Jul 2014 1)

+ 57,774    (week ending 19 Jul 2014 2 3

= 4,962,369

Next week, maybe ;)

1 http://www.vgchartz.com/charts/weekly.php?reg=date=41840

2 http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

3 http://imgur.com/1VAKvp4

I am saying it will be a bloody miracle if the Xbox One can do over 7 million before the end of the year...or didn't you read my prior posts before replying?  Reading comprehension AGAIN dude...

Congratz!

More or less related, it's sad that we've come to a point where it's necessary to point out that it's "according" to VGC :(

Around the Network
jnemesh said:

I am saying it will be a bloody miracle if the Xbox One can do over 7 million before the end of the year...or didn't you read my prior posts before replying?  Reading comprehension AGAIN dude...

It won't be a "bloody miracle", it's sold 2 million this year already, it's going to do another 2 million.

Nintentacle said:

GamechaserBE said:

I advise you to see what the consoles sell in July/august and you will find out it is the worst time of the year to sell consoles, the consoles already see a sales bump in september and October and a huge one in November/december...  The XBO will release in september in a lot of new countries, has a lot of third party support and has some decent exclusive games that will bump up the sales aswell.

The only kind of games that move consoles are really hyped ones, and/or masterpieces. Everything else will mostly sell to the current user-base (Every Wii U game before 3D World, for example). The only game that really fits the bill is Destiny and the Masterchief Collection. I don't really see Destiny moving much consoles though, since the PS4 version gets more attention (Like Watch Dogs, for example. But of course Destiny will move more Xbox One's than Watch Dogs did).

As for the Masterchief Collection, I'm not sure. It could be anywhere between Mario Kart 8 level system-seller to something like Titanfall.

Well that is why I called decent exclusives not great exclusives (possible great in quality and content though)..  

MCC collection can sell between 1-3 million this year but I can't point out how much...  I only know their are a lot of halo fans out their...And when X360 was 2 years old and already had a lot of games Halo 3 created a high sales bump (ofcourse MCC will not reach that level)...

Anyway worst case scenario:

July = the last two weeks = another 100K XBO sold

August = except some indies , metro collection and Dance central (if it release in August) their is not much to boost sales = 200K sold

September = Sales typicall bump up already let say 20% compared to August, then it also release in +10-20 countries and has some third party games + forza horizon 2 and a bundle for 399 that includes Forza 5 and Fifa 15 =  300 K sold

October = Sales bump higher, a lot of third party games release and Sunset overdrive release and project spark (not sure about the last one) = 400 K sold

November =  Sales bump a lot higher, black friday, the holiday shopping starts, MCC collection release = 800K sold

December = typicall massive sales  1.200K sold

Worst case scenario = 3 million = 8 million sold LTD..;

be free to quote me and say why it could not be possible..

It's weird how WiiU is outselling it, but Xbone's bar seems to be climbing faster on the front page.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

GamechaserBE said:

Well that is why I called decent exclusives not great exclusives (possible great in quality and content though)..  

MCC collection can sell between 1-3 million this year but I can't point out how much...  I only know their are a lot of halo fans out their...And when X360 was 2 years old and already had a lot of games Halo 3 created a high sales bump (ofcourse MCC will not reach that level)...

Anyway worst case scenario:

July = the last two weeks = another 100K XBO sold

August = except some indies , metro collection and Dance central (if it release in August) their is not much to boost sales = 200K sold

September = Sales typicall bump up already let say 20% compared to August, then it also release in +10-20 countries and has some third party games + forza horizon 2 and a bundle for 399 that includes Forza 5 and Fifa 15 =  300 K sold

October = Sales bump higher, a lot of third party games release and Sunset overdrive release and project spark (not sure about the last one) = 400 K sold

November =  Sales bump a lot higher, black friday, the holiday shopping starts, MCC collection release = 800K sold

December = typicall massive sales  1.200K sold

Worst case scenario = 3 million = 8 million sold LTD..;

be free to quote me and say why it could not be possible..

I can more or less (I'd say It's a little off for August and September) agree with you on the numbers, but I think that'd be best-base scenario. Worst-case IMO would be 7.5 million.

I think Wii U can sell more, though. This is my best-case scenario, since I'd say yours is a best-case scenario.

July: About the same as Xbox One in the last two weeks, a little more. 105k

August: Hyrule Warriors released in Japan, small one week boost. 210k-220k.

September: I'll do a 20% boost like you did for the sake of the argument. Hyrule Warriors also releases at the end of the month in the US and EU, and Bayonetta 2 releases in Japan, so I would expect a 35k boost across the last 2 weeks. About 290k.

October: Hyrule Warriors' boost finishes up, and Bayonetta 2 releases in the US and EU. And I'm guessing you did another 20% boost, too. 390k

November: Sales obviously bump higher, and I assume Smash Bros. will release this month because of Black Friday. About 820k.

December: 1.65 million

Total: 3.47 million (Worst case scenario for me is around 3.1 million, so either way Xbox One sells more in 2014 altogether. )

Lifetime sales after 2014: 10.2 million

Sales in 2014: 4.8 million (Which is actually a lot worse than my original prediction this year, 6.4 million!)

I'm not sure if being third warrants a congrats thread?