By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One reaches 5 million! (VG Chartz)

t3mporary_126 said:
Whoa, does this mean the One has a chance to pull ahead of Wii U's LT sales with Destiny and other third party titles coming this holiday?

No. November/december = Nintendo.

If something else, you will se the gap between the one and the WiiU even bigger than before.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41630/Global/

See, even when the Xone was "new", she had a hard time against nintendo, so now... especially when the wiiU feel better, and will got smash bros...

Around the Network

Congrats to MS!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:
People are doubting if the one can get to 8 million by December? Wow.

They are AVERAGING about 60,000 consoles/week this year...and 23 weeks remain in the year, so about 1.38 million if they keep doing as they have.  Lets assume that they have a REALLY good December, and sell an additional 500,000 units...that still puts them under 7 million.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers DROP significantly between now and then, however.

I advise you to see what the consoles sell in July/august and you will find out it is the worst time of the year to sell consoles, the consoles already see a sales bump in september and October and a huge one in November/december...  The XBO will release in september in a lot of new countries, has a lot of third party support and has some decent exclusive games that will bump up the sales aswell. 

Namiirei said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Whoa, does this mean the One has a chance to pull ahead of Wii U's LT sales with Destiny and other third party titles coming this holiday?

If something else, you will se the gap between the one and the WiiU even bigger than before.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41630/Global/

See, even when the Xone was "new", she had a hard time against nintendo, so now... especially when the wiiU feel better, and will got smash bros...

felicitous comment ,thats the answer to everyone, who believe that  wii u , will  have been outsold  by xboxone  in 2014:P

t3mporary_126 said:

I don't think It'll happen this holiday if that's what you're saying. It's pretty clear Wii U is going to do better this holiday than it did last year (Which was 1.6 million), and I don't see Xbox One selling 1.7 million more than that (3.3 million, but I'd probably have to sell around the 3.7 million range to do it for this holiday's numbers). That's just my opinions, though.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Namiirei said:

You seem awfully sure. Don't forget Xbox One will get both Halo and COD in November and will be one of the most wanted xmas presents as well.

he is right...face it...only halo and gears of war will boost xbone   !wii u has doubled its sales ,in 2013 nov-dec wii u was skyrocketed and in last two weeks of december,difference was so low... !ps.europe isnt so intersted in halo...xboxone is in danger!

DeadBigfoot21 said:

If the 360 didn't do well that doesn't mean the one will fail.

The 360 hit 80 million, it did great. But just because the predecessor did good, it doesn't mean the next one will also. Look at the N64, Wii U, Sega Saturn, and PS3 (Not sales, but the huge early losses). But obviously no one can see into the future, so we'll just have to wait to see if the Xbox One did good overall (But IMO it will just be decentish).

Microsoft will market it well and with the right games it might do better. Sales will increase even if you guys think otherwise.

You just contradicted yourself...

I remember when the other side said kinect was going to fail and not sell.....it became the fastest selling device in history. So I believe the one will do good. Haters gonna hate.

I don't see why you think the Xbox One will do well because Kinect on the 360 did well. They had to not include Kinect 2.0 with every Xbox One with the $400 version because it was actually killing the console. In other words, Kinect was a fad.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Selling good but as soon as it ships in all those other countries then we shall see. Sony has that advantage of being in a lot more countries.

AGAIN with that silly argument!  Listen, if those countries were THAT important to the success of the Xbox One, they WOULD HAVE ALREADY LAUNCHED in those countries!  These countries that the XB1 are not currentlly in are responsible for less than TEN PERCENT of Xbox 360 sales!  To think that magically they will "save" the XB1 is foolish at best.

sully1311 said:
jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:
People are doubting if the one can get to 8 million by December? Wow.

They are AVERAGING about 60,000 consoles/week this year...and 23 weeks remain in the year, so about 1.38 million if they keep doing as they have.  Lets assume that they have a REALLY good December, and sell an additional 500,000 units...that still puts them under 7 million.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers DROP significantly between now and then, however.

They are going to sell more than 500,000 units in December. To suggest otherwise well...

I said an ADDITIONAL 500,000 units.  Apparently your reading comprehension skills are as poor as your math.  And if you think Halo MCC is going to sell more than 500,000 well....

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

True...10% additional sales is better than nothing...but that means about 6,000 units extra per week.  And THAT is probably being generous right now...especially considering the image problems MS has globally (in general and with the XB1 specifically).