By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One reaches 5 million! (VG Chartz)

It's the second fastest home console to reach 5 million this gen congrats

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

X1 sales in 2014 have not been very good at all..no momentum.

Selling good but as soon as it ships in all those other countries then we shall see. Sony has that advantage of being in a lot more countries.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Selling good but as soon as it ships in all those other countries then we shall see. Sony has that advantage of being in a lot more countries.

problem with that is that Xbox in previous generations hardly even performed in all those regions...Majority of them have always been sony controlled. dont know how much of a different that would be, we have to wait and see. 

DeadBigfoot21 said:

Most of the Xbox sales come from America and Europe. Right now the Xbox one is not found in one major market which is Japan and we all know Japan is not such of a fan to the Xbox brand.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
overman1 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

problem with that is that Xbox in previous generations hardly even performed in all those regions...Majority of them have always been sony controlled. dont know how much of a different that would be, we have to wait and see. 

I knew someone would quote me quick and mention that. You fail to realize that this is a new console and not the 360. If the 360 didn't do well that doesn't mean the one will fail. Microsoft will market it well and with the right games it might do better. Sales will increase even if you guys think otherwise. I remember when the other side said kinect was going to fail and not sell.....it became the fastest selling device in history. So I believe the one will do good. Haters gonna hate.

FIT_Gamer said:

Assuming they are actually at  5 million, they'd have to average 600k/month. I really don't see that happening.

8 million is a given. November and December are huge sales months. Usually November and December alone sell more then all the other months together.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

chapset said:
It's the second fastest home console to reach 5 million this gen congrats

Major Nelson would be proud of you.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
overman1 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

I knew someone would quote me quick and mention that. You fail to realize that this is a new console and not the 360. If the 360 didn't do well that doesn't mean the one will fail. Microsoft will market it well and with the right games it might do better. Sales will increase even if you guys think otherwise. I remember when the other side said kinect was going to fail and not sell.....it became the fastest selling device in history. So I believe the one will do good. Haters gonna hate.

Dude you are giving the X1 way too much credit... if the Kinect was such a success, it wasnt have been made optional. Also the X1 is the fastest salling console?

where did you hear that? Not saying that MS wouldnt do any marketing, but many people who say that fail to realize that Sony isnt just goiing to lay there and take it. Pretty sure Sony will in turn do all in thier power to keep the lead and maintain control of these regions. Not all Microsoft exclusive will appeal to everyone and vice visa. However, to act like the PS brand hasnt ALWAYS outsold the Xbox brand globally is just ignorant, thing like that do play a factor in the next generation especially with all the negative PR which plagued and some which still plague the X1. The world pays attention too.

DeadBigfoot21 said:

LMAO at this terrible  argument, those small countries won't add much of anything, and they are sony dominated.  It's not selling good since JAN.