By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One reaches 5 million! (VG Chartz)

People are doubting if the one can get to 8 million by December? Wow.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
I would be VERY surprised if they hit 7 million by year's end. If they are just NOW moving through all of the consoles they pushed into the channel, it doesn't speak well for their chances going forward. Also, they are going to be SLAUGHTERED in September, when Destiny releases.

Heck, I have serious doubts the actual number is close to 5 million

sully1311 said:

They are AVERAGING about 60,000 consoles/week this year...and 23 weeks remain in the year, so about 1.38 million if they keep doing as they have.  Lets assume that they have a REALLY good December, and sell an additional 500,000 units...that still puts them under 7 million.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers DROP significantly between now and then, however.

We are considering VGC numbers as accurate now?

sully1311 said:

Must be a bunch of vgchartz newbs.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:

They are AVERAGING about 60,000 consoles/week this year...and 23 weeks remain in the year, so about 1.38 million if they keep doing as they have.  Lets assume that they have a REALLY good December, and sell an additional 500,000 units...that still puts them under 7 million.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers DROP significantly between now and then, however.

They are going to sell more than 500,000 units in December. To suggest otherwise well...

Puppyroach said:
A great achievement and I think it will only grow from here on with a great fall coming!

But of course it will only grow. It's not likely they will start selling negative numbers

sully1311 said:
jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:

They are going to sell more than 500,000 units in December. To suggest otherwise well...

They'll sell very well in NA (though I think it'll be only a bit more than last Nov/Dec, if not less). The problem will be the rest of the world, wherein I doubt they'll sell much more than they currently are (which is almost nothing)

jnemesh said:
sully1311 said:

December 2006 the 360 sold over 2 million units, to not only think that the X1 could only sell 500k this December but to also call this a "REALLY good" scenario for the X1 as well is something only a pretty uninformend person would do. Even the Vita has easily sold more than 500k the last 2 Decembers.

It might not be the most amazing achievement ever, but this is still good news nonetheless!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---